PEI Game (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:52:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  PEI Game (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: PEI Game  (Read 37145 times)
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« on: October 28, 2010, 12:48:23 AM »
« edited: October 28, 2010, 12:51:18 AM by Vazdul »

Sounds like fun. I'll play.

Put me down as Chancellor of Bedford.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 12:57:20 AM »

Can the brewery be in Bedford?
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 12:24:11 PM »

I object most strongly to the Province's usurpation of Governor's Island and the surrounding territorial waters in Hillsborough Bay. On behalf of the citizenry of Bedford Parish, I demand either their immediate return, or just compensation for the loss of our territory.

(I wanted to say something about this when I first noticed it last night, but then the site crashed.)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 07:00:54 PM »

I, the Right Honorable Chancellor of the Parish of Bedford, am greatly displeased that the provincial government continues to deny Bedford's rightful jurisdiction over Governor's Island and the surrounding territorial waters. These territorial waters are an integral part of Bedford, yet the provincial government continues to ignore the plight of our budding shipping industry. A stately residence in Charlottetown would be more than suitable for the provincial government's needs.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 07:58:54 PM »

I, the Right Honorable Chancellor of the Parish of Bedford, am greatly displeased that the provincial government continues to deny Bedford's rightful jurisdiction over Governor's Island and the surrounding territorial waters. These territorial waters are an integral part of Bedford, yet the provincial government continues to ignore the plight of our budding shipping industry. A stately residence in Charlottetown would be more than suitable for the provincial government's needs.

The island belongs to me Tongue Not the provincial government (which you can also call federal, or national)

I do not remember granting you or anyone else the deed to the island. Since your claim to the island postdates my accession to the Chancellory of Bedford Parish, I demand, on behalf of the Parish, just compensation for the unlawful seizure of territory. Furthermore, the Parish retains its claim on the territorial waters in Hillsborough Bay, since said waters are a vital part of Bedford's shipping and fishing industries.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 08:36:38 PM »

The Parish of Bedford does not dispute the claims of the crown, so long as Bedford's industries are at liberty to exploit the resources of Hillsborough Bay at their leisure.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 08:51:28 PM »

It is of the opinion of the Duke of Hillsborough that Hillsborough Bay belong to Hillsborough.

That claim is preposterous. The bay is Hillsborough in name only, as the Crown's surveyors have rightly declared.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 09:07:56 PM »

How far upstream is the Hillsborough River navigable?
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 09:33:49 PM »

Depends on the size of the boat. In general, anything wide enough to be shown as an open river on the large map (and not just a line) is navigable by at least the smallest of boats.  

Let's say (hypothetically) that I wanted to take an ironclad frigate up the Hillsborough River. How far could I go? And what's the largest boat that could dock in Mount Stewart?
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 02:38:38 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2010, 02:41:25 AM by His Excellency Chancellor Vazdul, Senator of Bedford Parish »

As Mayor of Charlottetown, I must give my thanks to you for recognizing the prestige of my city. While I do sympathize with your argument, as Charlottetown's maritime industries are similarly nascent, I believe the correspondence from the Crown on the issue demonstrates a problem does not exist as such.

This territorial dispute does raise another issue, however; I assume the vessels that berth at Charlottetown have a right of passage through the "territorial" waters of neighboring parishes, do they not? Raising this issue of coastal control gives me concern that rural parishes may seek to abuse their power and cause duress to the industries of our fair capital city. In particular, I was perturbed by your seemingly veiled threat to patrol the Hillsborough River with heavily armed vessels! Do understand that Charlottetown is the heart of our island, both culturally and economically. Any action you take that weakens my city will weaken you as a result. I do hope that cool heads will prevail.

In addition, as Mayor of the Queen's County Seat, I would like to suggest a county-wide conference regarding the future status of Charlotte Parish. Reeve Lance's utter negligence towards his duties is most striking.

At the present time, the Parish of Bedford will allow all ships passage through the waters under its jurisdiction. My main concern regarding the issue of territorial waters was that the crown would deny Bedford its right to fish in the waters of Hillsborough Bay that, on the map, are shown to belong to Bedford. As for warships in the Hillsborough River, I was more concerned about the fact that I might wake up one morning to discover that Rosebank or Mount Stewart had been bombarded. I know not the motives of my fellow Senators, and the defense of Bedford is my foremost concern.

With regard to Charlotte Parish, I am of the opinion that Reeve Lance should be stripped of his rank, and the Parish be divided amongst its neighbors. I propose the following division:

Lot 24: To Grenville
Lot 32: To Hillsborough
Lot 33: To Charlottetown
Lot 34: To Bedford

Further, I propose ferry service be initiated between Charlottetown and Rosebank. It is ludicrous that I must travel by rail for forty-some miles to take my seat in the Senate when I reside just across the river.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 03:21:23 AM »

Privately, how does the Deputy Senator feel about £30 for Lot 34?
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 02:08:46 PM »

I begin by accepting His Grace the Bishop of St. David's gracious invitation to his church. It is my dearest wish to live in a state of peace and cooperation with my compatriots, in the highest order of Christian virtue.

Second, I decree that a settlement, with a wharf, be built on Bedford Bay in Lot 36, with good roads leading to Mount Stewart and Tracadie. A similar settlement shall be built at the confluence of the Hillsborough and Johnstone Rivers in Lot 35, with a good road leading to Mermaid.

Third, I ask that the railroad in the southern portion of Bedford Parish be rerouted through the town of Pownal, an integral part of Bedford's fishing industry.

Fourth, I decree that the sawmills in Mermaid and Mount Stewart begin producing large boats capable of carrying cargo posthaste.

Fifth, while I support the proposal for a bridge across the Hillsborough River between Rosebank and Charlottetown, it is imperative that this be done in such a manner that does not impede the potential flow of maritime traffic on the river east of Charlottetown. I will not approve of any bridge that does not allow a medium sized cargo ship to pass.

Sixth, I most wholeheartedly oppose any movement of the seat of the national government. Charlottetown is an ideal location. However, the parish of Bedford is willing to construct stately residences for Senators and other officials of the national government in upscale Rosebank, convenient to the national capital, but much more quiet and friendly than the city itself.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 05:20:10 PM »

Can we have a rough estimate of how much certain things cost? Is £1 of in-game money worth (in a real-life modern day setting) closer to one dollar, one thousand dollars, or one million dollars?
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 07:56:15 PM »

A branch track of 2 miles could be constructed. Single track this would cost apx 65£

How much would a station on the existing line just north of Pownal, and a good road into Pownal cost?
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 08:17:23 PM »

A quality station could cost upwards of 10-15£, however the cheapest adequate station could be as little as 2£

I authorize the construction of such a station and road. Something in the middle ground, £7-8 price range.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2010, 08:50:02 PM »

Over the weekend I hono(u)r my appointment with the Bishop. I tithe $30 to the church (from my own personal fortune, not from the coffers of Bedford Parish).
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2010, 08:54:15 PM »

Has the survey team returned yet from Bedford Bay?

The cost of a single-track rail bridge across the Hillsborough river could be as high as 5-7€

Does that price take into account my requirement that medium-sized cargo ships be able to pass under it?
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2010, 09:29:43 PM »
« Edited: October 29, 2010, 09:32:17 PM by His Excellency Chancellor Vazdul, Senator of Bedford Parish »

Many assemblymen from the extremities of the island feel that Hillsborough Bay should be National property.

Many assemblymen from Queens County do not feel the need for any special county convention.

Many assemblymen from west of Summerside are very supportive of proposals to move the Capitol, however, those from east of Summerside are generally opposed.

The assembly has voted to "examine" the costs of a new rail line.

There is some division within the assembly as to how to dole out seats. Small lots do not want to be left un-represented. The assembly suggests the Senate look into the issue.

The assembly has voted to examine the possibility of a bridge.

1. On the question of Hillsborough Bay, I support the status quo. The current division between the parishes of Bedford, Hillsborough, and St. John is adequate.

2. On the question of a county convention, I feel that it would be the most expedient and fairest way to resolve the controversy over Charlotte Parish.

3. On the question of the seat of national government, I oppose any measure that would move the capital to any place other than Charlottetown.

4. Before any decision is made on the issue of a new rail line, I must inform everyone that the Parish of Bedford is planning to begin work on a ferry system for the northern part of the island. A settlement will be built on Bedford Bay, which will be the hub of the ferry service. The plans include service to Morell, Rustico, Cavendish, Princeton, and Alberton. The ships used will allow for passengers and light cargo.

5. On the question of apportionment of Assembly seats, I support increasing the size of the Assembly to ensure every Parish and City is fairly represented. I suggest that the city of Charlottetown be divided into wards for the purposes of Assembly seats, much in the same manner as Parishes are divided into Lots.

6. As stated before, I am generally in support of a bridge over the Hillsborough River, but I require that medium-sized cargo ships be able to pass under it. I will not support any plans for a bridge that do not allow for this requirement.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2010, 10:45:46 PM »

It is clear that the Duke of Hillsborough not only has not refined his opinion on the issue of Hillsborough Bay, but he has also refused the invitation of the spiritual leader of our people, His Grace the Bishop of St. David, revealing himself not only to be an intransigent, but an infidel as well. I pray for his soul.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2010, 12:50:54 AM »
« Edited: October 30, 2010, 12:54:33 AM by His Excellency Chancellor Vazdul, Senator of Bedford Parish »

The recent actions of the Duke of Hillsborough reflect a hostile intent. To that end, in my official capacity as Chancellor of Bedford, I decree the following:

1. Fishermen and other sailing vessels under the jurisdiction of Bedford Parish are instructed to keep out of the territorial waters of Hillsborough Parish.

2. The militia of the Parish of Bedford is to be reallocated in the following manner:

6 Naval Troops on 3 boats, stationed in Rosebank.
10 Cavalry (horsemen), stationed in Tracadie.
14 Infantry, stationed in Rosebank.
5 Infantry, stationed in Mount Stewart
This allocation is to remain in effect until further notice.

3. The militia will undergo a recruitment drive in Rosebank, Mount Stewart, and Tracadie. Any recruits in Mount Stewart in excess of five will be billeted to Rosebank. Any recruits in Tracadie will be made Cavalrymen. I stress that volunteers only will be recruited. This is not a draft.

Be advised that any attempt by the armed forces of Hillsborough to enter Bedford or Charlottetown will be viewed as a hostile action, and the militia of Bedford is prepared to defend both itself and its neighbours for the cause of righteousness.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2010, 01:02:57 AM »

As I have observed the conflict between the Chancellor and the Duke, I cannot bear to witness my kinsmen rip each other apart.  We must stand together as one nation.

I hereby request a conference between the two within neutral ground (preferably the city of Cape Wolfe) and I offer my services as mediator.

I am willing to attempt mediation. I point out that I have already attempted mediation once before, and the Duke refused to attend. As there are several pressing matters to attend to in Rosebank, I will not commit to attend unless the Duke does likewise. And I reject the backwater village of Cape Wolfe as a suitable location for the negotiations.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2010, 01:13:31 AM »

As I have observed the conflict between the Chancellor and the Duke, I cannot bear to witness my kinsmen rip each other apart.  We must stand together as one nation.

I hereby request a conference between the two within neutral ground (preferably the city of Cape Wolfe) and I offer my services as mediator.

I am willing to attempt mediation. I point out that I have already attempted mediation once before, and the Duke refused to attend. As there are several pressing matters to attend to in Rosebank, I will not commit to attend unless the Duke does likewise. And I reject the backwater village of Cape Wolfe as a suitable location for the negotiations.

I will brush off that offense good sir.  However Cape Wolfe is a small, kind town which has shown exemplary patriotism and unity, and does not deserve such an insult.  But, I am willing to offer the capital of Ellersie, and if not that, then I will negotiate with the Captain for a conference in Princeton.

Ellersie would be suitable.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2010, 02:34:24 AM »

The recent actions of the Duke of Hillsborough reflect a hostile intent. To that end, in my official capacity as Chancellor of Bedford, I decree the following:

1. Fishermen and other sailing vessels under the jurisdiction of Bedford Parish are instructed to keep out of the territorial waters of Hillsborough Parish.

2. The militia of the Parish of Bedford is to be reallocated in the following manner:

6 Naval Troops on 3 boats, stationed in Rosebank.
10 Cavalry (horsemen), stationed in Tracadie.
14 Infantry, stationed in Rosebank.
5 Infantry, stationed in Mount Stewart
This allocation is to remain in effect until further notice.

3. The militia will undergo a recruitment drive in Rosebank, Mount Stewart, and Tracadie. Any recruits in Mount Stewart in excess of five will be billeted to Rosebank. Any recruits in Tracadie will be made Cavalrymen. I stress that volunteers only will be recruited. This is not a draft.

Be advised that any attempt by the armed forces of Hillsborough to enter Bedford or Charlottetown will be viewed as a hostile action, and the militia of Bedford is prepared to defend both itself and its neighbours for the cause of righteousness.

Do you wish to start funding a standing army?

Pending the results of negotiations with the Duke of Hillsborough, decree 3 above is temporarily on hold. Decrees 1 and 2 remain in effect.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2010, 03:13:37 AM »
« Edited: October 30, 2010, 03:16:01 AM by His Excellency Chancellor Vazdul, Senator of Bedford Parish »

If you are stationing troops however it implies you will need them for a time, and a militia is normally private citizens that are called up to do just a few things for a short amount of time.

Well, right now they're just being called up to stand at the ready in case of attack. I will fund them if necessary, however.

On the question of apportionment to the Assembly, I propose the following changes to body of the Assembly:

An increase in size to 200 members, to be apportioned as follows according to the most recent census figures:

Bedford Parish: 14 members
Charlotte Parish: 17 members
City of Charlottetown: 11 members
East Parish: 10 members
Edgmont Parish: 9 members
City of Georgetown: 4 members
Grenville Parish: 15 members
Halifax Parish: 11 members
Hillsborough Parish: 13 members
North Parish: 10 members
City of Princeton: 1 member
Richmond Parish: 21 members
St. Andrew Parish: 10 members
St. David Parish: 17 members
St. George Parish: 15 members
St. John Parish: 10 members
St. Patrick Parish: 12 members

This apportionment takes into account Halifax Parish's recent acquisition of Lot 7, and counts Lot 7's population as part of the population of Halifax Parish.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2010, 03:53:02 PM »

Bedford Bay

After an exhaustive search of the north shore, reports are the the only location within the Parish that is suitable for a wharf on the north shore is in Lot 37, east of the Sand Bars.

Bugger. I suppose that means that ships would be unable to enter the northern seas?

I will be visiting the "rural" areas of Lots 35 and 36, specifically the southern part of Lot 35 and the northern part of Lot 36, with the intent to address the specific concerns of citizens of these Lots. I suggest to these citizens a possible adjustment of the boundaries of these Lots, with Lot 35 consisting of the area north of the Hillsborough River and Lot 36 consisting of the area south of the river. If I am met with a positive response, I propose these adjustments to the Senate.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies