PEI Game (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:52:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  PEI Game (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: PEI Game  (Read 37144 times)
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« on: October 27, 2010, 11:23:59 PM »

Director of Halifax please.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 11:32:56 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2010, 11:42:47 PM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

ArchangelZero, The Director of Halifax.

Nickname: The Director for easy reference Tongue

Lol, I just found something to add to my name.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 12:53:37 AM »

As the Right Honourable Director of Halifax, I do request that the Parish of Egmont be dissolved due to a lack of organization and leader, and it's territory absorbed by North and Halifax Parish.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 08:59:04 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2010, 09:09:19 AM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

I will have no issue with sending the local militia to Lot 7, and it has been done so immediately.  However, I am not clear on the procedures of annexation of a fellow parish, and in order to not offend the Crown, I shall wait for further instruction before taking full control of the area.

But that also leaves the fates of Lot 6.  I will resign the matter of Lot 4 to North Parish, seeing that the Countess will undoubtedly take full control of that situation herself.

I shall not move the militia into Lot 6 as of yet.  However, if given the authority by either the Government or the Crown, I will immediately annex Lot 6 as well.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 05:55:33 PM »

I will have no issue with sending the local militia to Lot 7, and it has been done so immediately.  However, I am not clear on the procedures of annexation of a fellow parish, and in order to not offend the Crown, I shall wait for further instruction before taking full control of the area.

But that also leaves the fates of Lot 6.  I will resign the matter of Lot 4 to North Parish, seeing that the Countess will undoubtedly take full control of that situation herself.

I shall not move the militia into Lot 6 as of yet.  However, if given the authority by either the Government or the Crown, I will immediately annex Lot 6 as well.

It will take some hours to send the orders to the parish, and some further hours to get people into position. The "invasion" can begin in the morning.

35 citizens are registered in the Militia, how many do you wish to send? Do you wish to ask them to bring horses, and if, having none, equip them with horses?

Do you wish to issue a order of battle (IE direct the troops) or do you wish for the commanders of the militia to do that themselves?

It is best for the commanders of the Militia to take charge.   My order is to split the militia into two groups, 13 troops and my top commander will annex Lot 7.  12 troops under the second-in-command will remain on the border of Halifax and will be prepared to move into Lot 6 when the need arises.  The remaining 10 shall stay within the Parish to keep ourselves defended.

It is by my decree that until this crisis is resolved, all other projects will be put on hold in Halifax Parish.

x The Director
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 12:46:06 AM »
« Edited: October 30, 2010, 01:02:21 AM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

By the order of the Right Honourable Director of Halifax, this State of Emergency is hereby ended.

I wish to make a formal declaration of open development of a "main street highway" so to say within Halifax Parish, beginning in Cape Wolfe in Lot 7, connecting Dublane, Hebron, Coleman, and ending in Foxley River.

I would like to create an exploratory committee as to the idea of the wharf.  This committee will determine it's feasibility, impact on the Halifax economy, and the surrounding enviornment, both short term and long term.

I would also like to announce the creation of a Habour in Egmont Bay, at the mouth of the Percival River.  Construction is to begin immediately on Harbour facilities and components for one patrol boat and two cargo ships are currently being produced in Ellersie and Dublane.

x The Director
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 12:53:03 AM »

As I have observed the conflict between the Chancellor and the Duke, I cannot bear to witness my kinsmen rip each other apart.  We must stand together as one nation.

I hereby request a conference between the two within neutral ground (preferably the city of Cape Wolfe) and I offer my services as mediator.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 01:07:57 AM »
« Edited: October 30, 2010, 01:10:12 AM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

As I have observed the conflict between the Chancellor and the Duke, I cannot bear to witness my kinsmen rip each other apart.  We must stand together as one nation.

I hereby request a conference between the two within neutral ground (preferably the city of Cape Wolfe) and I offer my services as mediator.

I am willing to attempt mediation. I point out that I have already attempted mediation once before, and the Duke refused to attend. As there are several pressing matters to attend to in Rosebank, I will not commit to attend unless the Duke does likewise. And I reject the backwater village of Cape Wolfe as a suitable location for the negotiations.

I will brush off that offense good sir.  However Cape Wolfe is a small, kind town which has shown exemplary patriotism and unity, and does not deserve such an insult.  But, I am willing to offer the capital of Ellersie, and if not that, then I will negotiate with the Captain for a conference in Princeton.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 01:14:45 AM »
« Edited: October 30, 2010, 01:20:02 AM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

I would be glad to meet in the great town of Cape Wolfe.

Would you be willing to settle for Ellersie?  If you wish, I will take you on a tour through Halifax Parish afterwards of our work in progress, "Main Street", culminating in a Poutine Bar in Cape Wolfe.Smiley
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2010, 10:41:40 AM »

I'd also like to send my congratulations to the hounarble Director of Halifax, and congratulate him on the fact that his annexation was calm, peacful, and ended in bloodshed. God bless your heart dear director. 

Ended in bloodshed?  I don't know what you're smoking.Wink

By the order of the Right Honourable Director of Halifax, this State of Emergency is hereby ended.

I wish to make a formal declaration of open development of a "main street highway" so to say within Halifax Parish, beginning in Cape Wolfe in Lot 7, connecting Dublane, Hebron, Coleman, and ending in Foxley River.

I would like to create an exploratory committee as to the idea of the wharf.  This committee will determine it's feasibility, impact on the Halifax economy, and the surrounding enviornment, both short term and long term.

I would also like to announce the creation of a Habour in Egmont Bay, at the mouth of the Percival River.  Construction is to begin immediately on Harbour facilities and components for one patrol boat and two cargo ships are currently being produced in Ellersie and Dublane.

x The Director

I will get back to you shortly on all of these

A "highway" could be created, but there is nothing to run on it. Increasing the road to the highest possibly qualify over that distance would cost about 5,000$

A wharf could be constructed at Cape Wolfe for the cost of 7£

There is no suitable location for a wharf in that area of egmont bay.

Well i would at the very least like to build upon the road.  Would I be able to get away with $3000 by flattening it out and then paving it using stones?

This wharf will then be put under construction.

Are there any suitable locations for one in the area that won't conflict with my good friend from Richmond?
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2010, 11:37:47 PM »
« Edited: October 30, 2010, 11:39:25 PM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

I'd also like to send my congratulations to the hounarble Director of Halifax, and congratulate him on the fact that his annexation was calm, peacful, and ended in bloodshed. God bless your heart dear director.  

Ended in bloodshed?  I don't know what you're smoking.Wink

I would like to create an exploratory committee as to the idea of the wharf.  This committee will determine it's feasibility, impact on the Halifax economy, and the surrounding enviornment, both short term and long term.

I would also like to announce the creation of a Habour in Egmont Bay, at the mouth of the Percival River.  Construction is to begin immediately on Harbour facilities and components for one patrol boat and two cargo ships are currently being produced in Ellersie and Dublane.

x The Director

I will get back to you shortly on all of these

A "highway" could be created, but there is nothing to run on it. Increasing the road to the highest possibly qualify over that distance would cost about 5,000$

A wharf could be constructed at Cape Wolfe for the cost of 7£

There is no suitable location for a wharf in that area of egmont bay.

Well i would at the very least like to build upon the road.  Would I be able to get away with $3000 by flattening it out and then paving it using stones?

This wharf will then be put under construction.

Are there any suitable locations for one in the area that won't conflict with my good friend from Richmond?

The cost is for a gravel road, 3,000$ may not provide for full year-round cover.

As for a wharf you will need to be more specific.

What would the costs of a wharf at Foxley River be?

And if $5000 is how much it costs then so be it.  I will alleviate funds from the local militia to compensate.

Oh, and aye to both proposals.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2010, 11:47:17 PM »
« Edited: October 30, 2010, 11:49:33 PM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

Your assemblymen are begging you to invade the remainder of Egmont.

And I will not do so unless the Countess doesn't do anything and if and only if the Lots in that area wish for it.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2010, 12:16:41 AM »

The situation in Edgmont is much akin to the situation in Charlotte. I would be a hypocrite if I did not advocate a similar course of action in Edgmont to the one I advocate for Charlotte. To that end, I move that Captain Jane be stripped of her title and expelled from the Senate, and that a replacement be appointed as soon as is practicable.

She practically resigned already.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2010, 12:35:04 AM »
« Edited: October 31, 2010, 12:46:52 AM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

Your assemblymen are begging you to invade the remainder of Egmont.

And I will not do so unless the Countess doesn't do anything and if and only if the Lots in that area wish for it.

They feel the Countess has abdicated her duty.

Once again, unless the people of Egmont wish for me to annex them, I will not do so;  It only results in unnecessary usage of resources, and I only annexed Lot 7 due to their dire need.

So, is there definite word by the various Lots about annexation?  If there is, then I will send for the militia.  If not, then I will leave the matter until it becomes a priority.

UPDATE:  Alright, I have reached the conclusion that this is a no win situation.  By the order of the Director of Halifax, 25 troops of the Militia are to annex all remaining areas of Egmont.  If I get word of any bloodshed or violence, I will immediately discharge and exile the soldier responsible.

x The Director
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2010, 10:58:31 AM »
« Edited: October 31, 2010, 11:02:24 AM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

The only trouble spot was in O'Leary. Troops were denied access to this town by troops from within the town. They demanded one of two things. Either to speak, personally, with The Director, or, to have O'Leary become the capitol of the newly expanded Halifax Parish. They point out that O'Leary is much larger then Ellerslie, and that the latter is the smallest Parish Capitol on the entire island.

Citizens in Ellerslie are indifferent towards this, though, some 20-30 would need to be re-located (and are willing to do so if ordered)

I wish to speak directly to the people of O'Leary in order to hear their concerns and demands.

Also, how is the construction of my road and the wharf at Foxley River?
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 07:56:20 PM »

The only trouble spot was in O'Leary. Troops were denied access to this town by troops from within the town. They demanded one of two things. Either to speak, personally, with The Director, or, to have O'Leary become the capitol of the newly expanded Halifax Parish. They point out that O'Leary is much larger then Ellerslie, and that the latter is the smallest Parish Capitol on the entire island.

Citizens in Ellerslie are indifferent towards this, though, some 20-30 would need to be re-located (and are willing to do so if ordered)

I wish to speak directly to the people of O'Leary in order to hear their concerns and demands.

Also, how is the construction of my road and the wharf at Foxley River?

You've met with them and they inform you directly of their demands, which are to in short relocate the capitol to O'Leary, though they'd also accept Alberton. Short of either of those they want a 10,000$ investment in the former Egmont Parish to be distributed as it's local citizens see fit.

$10,000 investment?  Can this be in the form of construction and infrastructure projects?
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 08:27:13 PM »

The situation in Edgmont is much akin to the situation in Charlotte. I would be a hypocrite if I did not advocate a similar course of action in Edgmont to the one I advocate for Charlotte. To that end, I move that Captain Jane be stripped of her title and expelled from the Senate, and that a replacement be appointed as soon as is practicable.

I beg your pardon? "Much akin to the situation in Charlotte?" How dare you insult the honorable Reeve in such a manner!

I'm pretty sure there's no love lost between Jane and the other Senators.Tongue

I'm saddened that I had to annex Egmont, because I believe I may have opened a can of worms that will lead to the downfall of this country.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 09:36:27 PM »

Missing?  What do you mean missing? Angry
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2010, 09:51:20 PM »

*sigh*  You know what, I'm so happy I'm finished with this annexing BS, I'll let that slide.

I'll just wait for the Highway pricing update.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2010, 11:37:30 PM »
« Edited: October 31, 2010, 11:43:37 PM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

Should we raise prices of commodities then?

I thought I paid for all-season roads?
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2010, 11:49:51 PM »

That would cost more Tongue

You can upgrade if you wish

How much more would it cost?
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2010, 12:01:26 AM »

Nevermind then.  That price is way too high.  How many times that it rain too much anyways?Tongue

Besides, I need to pay for my Infrastructure Acts (they're in the Actions thread if you wanna see)
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2010, 12:22:34 AM »

As Ἄρχων Ἅγιου Ιωάννου, I would like to voice support for a free market in currency.

But if there is a shortage of currency currently, shouldn't we be seeing some price deflation?

Says the guy who hasn't governed in weeks.Tongue Wink
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2010, 04:20:10 AM »
« Edited: November 01, 2010, 04:36:51 AM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

You know what, I'm going to go to Princeton myself to see what the hell is going on over there.  This is getting way too weird.

I'm taking the whole damn militia with me, both the old Egmont and the Halifax.  That should be enough to scare those guards.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2010, 09:10:06 AM »

You know what, I'm going to go to Princeton myself to see what the hell is going on over there.  This is getting way too weird.

I'm taking the whole damn militia with me, both the old Egmont and the Halifax.  That should be enough to scare those guards.

The Provost urgently inquires as to whether you will use force to seize the town if you are denied access. He would not approve of such an expedition if it is for the purpose of conquest, though he feels that the government of Princeton has clearly proven itself incapable of rule.

I am not there for conquest purposes.  Simply, the idea of sending the entire militia was to scare away the guards so I could enter the city personally.

Sadly that doesn't seem to be working out to well.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies