FL-25/Susquehanna: Dead heat (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:23:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 House Election Polls
  FL-25/Susquehanna: Dead heat (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-25/Susquehanna: Dead heat  (Read 4075 times)
Dgov
United States

« on: October 28, 2010, 01:05:14 PM »

Strange that the overall wave will be bigger than 2006 yet the party caught in the wave will actually be able to pick up a few seats this time around (not saying we'll win this one specifically but we'll pick up a few).

Thought the flip side to that is that the Democrat's won't have any easy targets for 2012.  If they pickup IL-10, DE-AL, HI-1, and LA-2, I can't think of any races that would be an easy D pickup for 2012.
Dgov
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 03:35:25 PM »

Strange that the overall wave will be bigger than 2006 yet the party caught in the wave will actually be able to pick up a few seats this time around (not saying we'll win this one specifically but we'll pick up a few).

Thought the flip side to that is that the Democrat's won't have any easy targets for 2012.  If they pickup IL-10, DE-AL, HI-1, and LA-2, I can't think of any races that would be an easy D pickup for 2012.

There are plenty of seats they will/might lose this year that will be obvious targets, e.g. PA-11, NJ-03, FL-08, FL-22, CA-11, OH-01, etc., etc.

Let me rephrase that--No seats that will be DOA for the GOP.  Each one of those seats that you listed above the GOP could very reasonably be expected to hold in 2012.  The most Democratic seat i think the Republicans could wind up with on November 3rd is AZ-7, and Mclung is probably going to get drawn out of that one in order to make a 3rd Hispanic-majority district.

Most of the GOP pickups this year are in Republican-leaning or swing districts.  We don't have any hail mary shots where we could pick off heavily Democratic seats because of terrible incumbents like we did in LA-2 in 2008.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies