WI: PPP: Johnson +9
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:56:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  WI: PPP: Johnson +9
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: WI: PPP: Johnson +9  (Read 4877 times)
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 28, 2010, 10:02:17 PM »

Johnson: 53%
Feingold: 44%

I've officially given up even the slightest hope that this race will flip. Thanks for your service Russ; you'll be missed.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 10:02:39 PM »

Do you want for me to enter the poll?
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 10:03:04 PM »

I can't, so yes.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 10:08:36 PM »

It really shouldn't be that way, imo, but don't know how to change it.

Btw, PPP needs to learn that less voters saying that they actually voted for Obama is not necessarily evidence of a huge "enthusiasm gap", and it is almost assuredly not in a state like Wisconsin.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 10:13:09 PM »

Btw, PPP needs to learn that less voters saying that they actually voted for Obama is not necessarily evidence of a huge "enthusiasm gap", and it is almost assuredly not in a state like Wisconsin.

Why would Wisconsin be special in that statistic
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 10:16:16 PM »

I'll probably have a tribute to Feingold in my sig November 3.

Thanks for your 18 years of service Senator, far better ones than anyone else in that chamber can claim to.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 10:17:22 PM »

Why would Wisconsin be special in that statistic

Abnormally large number of real swing voters - in other words, during normal times they break pretty even, but during bad times they can all move together.  I'm really just repeating Al in an different sort of way...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 10:19:58 PM »

I think that's all she wrote in this one, folks.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 10:27:08 PM »

Sad  hope everyone is wrong on this.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 10:30:37 PM »

Feingold for Governor in 2014?
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 10:32:50 PM »

Honestly, I actually did have that thought. Given that he's fought for this race until the very end, he doesn't really seem like the type to up and quit.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 10:33:06 PM »

Preferably Kohl retires in 2012 and Feingold wins that seat in what will hopefully be a more favorable environment.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 10:37:49 PM »

Preferably Kohl retires in 2012 and Feingold wins that seat in what will hopefully be a more favorable environment.

Maybe?

Especially since it looks like the whole Wisconsin Democratic Party is going to be annihilated this election cycle.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 10:39:44 PM »

Sad
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 10:48:01 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2010, 10:52:45 PM by Eraserhead »

Yeah, this is a done deal... no doubt about it now. The man has been one of the best Senators ever. Period. I just hope he can keep the margin respectable (within single digits).
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 10:50:55 PM »

Very sad.
mypalfish
Rookie

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 10:54:51 PM »

Maybe?

Especially since it looks like the whole Wisconsin Democratic Party is going to be annihilated this election cycle.

I'm not a fan of Feingold, and think the whole "maverick" schtick is a bunch of crap, but he would be a much better Senator than Herb Kohl.  He wanted that seat basically as a hobby, just "something  to do."  Maybe if he wakes up from his nap, he'll decide to retire.

As far as Feingold running for Governor, Scott Walker will be very tough to beat.  A Democrat in Wisconsin needs about 60% out of Milwaukee County to win statewide.  Walker has won Milwaukee County as County Executive (in blowouts), and it would be tough for any Democrat to get the necessary votes there to beat him statewide.  
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 10:57:39 PM »

Feingold didn't hit Johnson hard enough or soon enough. He should have asked for funds, although in the end that might have been futile. Still, his approval ratings aren't awful and Johnson's favorable ratings are great. I guess that goes to show that being perceived as the empty suit is good.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2010, 11:02:29 PM »

Feingold didn't hit Johnson hard enough or soon enough. He should have asked for funds, although in the end that might have been futile. Still, his approval ratings aren't awful and Johnson's favorable ratings are great. I guess that goes to show that being perceived as the empty suit is good.

Wouldn't have helped.  These are classic wave election-type numbers. 

I would be surprised if my only question in Wisconsin really is whether Kind survives or not.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 11:03:54 PM »

I'm so depressed I decided to just put my tribute in now. Sad
mypalfish
Rookie

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2010, 11:15:02 PM »

Yeah, this is a done deal... no doubt about it now. The man has been one of the best Senators ever. Period. I just hope he can keep the margin respectable (within single digits).

I'm really curious.  Why do you (and others not from WI) think Feingold was a great Senator?  I'm not sure if you would still hold that opinion if you saw the footage from his town halls in 09, when he would roll his eyes and sigh at his constituents concerns about the upcoming passage of Obamacare.  That didn't work for Al Gore and it began the slide of Russ Feingold in the polls.  He was arrogant smug to the extreme, an he's paying for it now.  

The whole Feingold phenomenon is fascinating to me.  The national press loves him.  The local press adores him.  I can't recall a single critical story, or even semi-critical, in his entire tenure in Washington.  But he's never been that popular locally.  He ran a great underdog campaign to beat Kasten, but was fortunate to beat Mark Neumann in 98 when Neumann had the lead (around 2pts) with a few weeks to go but ran out of money and nearly went black and didn't make up for it by campaigning harder and lost by 2.  Then he beat the underfunded Tim Michels (who ran a non-existent race) by spending him into oblivion.  But I never sensed the affection that Herb Kohl gets (God knows why...probably because he saved the Bucks).  
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2010, 11:21:11 PM »

I'm really curious.  Why do you (and others not from WI) think Feingold was a great Senator?  I'm not sure if you would still hold that opinion if you saw the footage from his town halls in 09, when he would roll his eyes and sigh at his constituents concerns about the upcoming passage of Obamacare.  That didn't work for Al Gore and it began the slide of Russ Feingold in the polls.  He was arrogant smug to the extreme, an he's paying for it now.  

I think it's because he's probably one of the only Democrats who has liberal convictions - and has continued to stand by them.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2010, 11:36:20 PM »

Very sad. Having integrity doesn't get you many friends in American politics. Well, sh**tty Wisconsin can have fun with their pedophile supporter who married into his money.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2010, 01:02:41 AM »

I'm not going to write an essay on the guy right now (although maybe that wouldn't be the worst idea) but he's a solid liberal and has always stood for what he believed in, popular or not. He was the only man to vote against the PATRIOT Act in the Senate and of the few to vote against the Iraq War Resolution. As for that footage, I've seen it and I probably would have reacted in a worse fashion to those right-wingers. His reaction seemed fine to me.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2010, 07:21:42 AM »

As I've said before, Democrats should get behind Ron Kind for the next Senate opening, because he would actually have a chance at entrenching himself, unlike Feingold (who I like, but come on, he's never made anything easy for himself).
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies