NV: Mason-Dixon: Angle (R) 49, Reid (D) 45 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:41:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  NV: Mason-Dixon: Angle (R) 49, Reid (D) 45 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NV: Mason-Dixon: Angle (R) 49, Reid (D) 45  (Read 16357 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: November 01, 2010, 07:49:11 AM »

My one fleeting bit of hope is that a combination of Reid's top notch GOTV effort, plus an unusually high NOTA vote that would otherwise go 90+% against the incumbent might give Harry a chance at another .10 % victory like in 98.

Admittedly, the chances of that are still slim. Tongue

"Senator Angle". Geez Republicans are willing to swallow a lot to return to mid-2008. Angry
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 04:45:27 PM »

My one fleeting bit of hope is that a combination of Reid's top notch GOTV effort, plus an unusually high NOTA vote that would otherwise go 90+% against the incumbent might give Harry a chance at another .10 % victory like in 98.

Admittedly, the chances of that are still slim. Tongue

"Senator Angle". Geez Republicans are willing to swallow a lot to return to mid-2008. Angry

The minute Reid uttered his famous line about the war is lost in 2007, the GOP was guarranteed to go after him with no restraint. Reid knew this as early as 2008 and hence his and his machines actions since 2008.

Its about getting back at Reid more then anything.

You're delusional.

Do you think Reid would have escaped a tough race in a different environment? No. He has 35% approval ratings and has since 2007. The only possible way for read to escape would be for Angle to not have a chance in a less Republican environment. Maybe, maybe not. There is nothing "delusional" about what I said, it is opinionated analysis. The GOP was going to take down Reid. Maybe not the NV GOP bought, paid off, bribed, prosecuted by the Reid machine into supporting him. The national GOP and conservative groups were going to take him out, or try their best. I don't like Angle, I didn't support her in the primary. The only reason I am willing to support her is to get rid of Reid. The only reason Angle has a even a chance in hell is because they are sick and tired of Reid.

Does anyone here honestly, think that Angle would be winning against Goodman, or Berkley or some random Dem state senator? I rest my case

When I see personal opinion based analysis that is rational being labeled as "delusional", I take that as a personal insult and if you insist on continuing that behavior towards me, I will be sure to report every such instance of that. Learn to treat people who have a different opinion with respect, not with arrogant rank personal insults.

Does anyone here think that Angle would be winning against Goodman, or Berkley or some random Dem state senator? I rest my case

Saying that Reid will lose because he said that the Iraq War was lost IS delusional. His status as majority leader would make him Republicans top target anyway.
Just look what happened to Tom Daschle, hardly a fire-breathing liberal or an extremely partisan leader.

I don't ever recall saying that he would loose because he said the Iraq war was lost. I said, it guarranteed he would be challenged if that wasn't guarrenteed already (whoops, left the if part out). I still didn't say it was the only factor leading to him being "challenged" like the devil.

Why most you 1) seek desperately to misinterpret a situation or read it as you want it to mean so that you can 2) insult someone.

Stop being so bitter and arrogant and loosen up.

Mr. Pot, meet Mr. Kettle. Grin
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies