PLEASE SAY IT AIN'T SO.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:36:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PLEASE SAY IT AIN'T SO.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: PLEASE SAY IT AIN'T SO.  (Read 9374 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: November 09, 2010, 11:17:15 AM »

He's referring to when Yankee missed a vote of mine and thought I was to be expelled a day or two early.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #126 on: November 09, 2010, 04:38:21 PM »

I hate long posts but I also hate posting multiple posts to correct misinterpretations Roll Eyes

I missed the vote on the tenth as did Ogis and many others because it said CON-CON and I thought it was a vote in the convention not the Senate. It was actually the deadline exention vote in the Senate. Without that vote, there was no way of escaping BK's seat becoming vacant lest the PS constitutionality aspect held up in court. Thats why I posted the this thread and brought up the issue. I even posted the links here so that they would be reviewed by the public and it wasn't till others came to the same albeit wrong conclusion that I posted that the vacancy had occured.

With that vote Bk should have been out on the 31st at 7:13, but for the sake of the Senate and Atlasia as a whole I decided not to press the issue. I figured that as long as BK wasn't the deciding vote on anything, there would be no impetus for a lawsuit against me or my successor as PPT.

y point was the vote on the tenth put him in a position to be slipped through the cracks, had it not occured, he would have been screwed.

Indeed, my "warning" was NCY saying that my seat was vacant before it actually was. And I don't really think there's a partisan aspect to this all. I'm glad this could work together for everyone amicably.

Check the damn PMs!!! Tongue. As the other "vict err Senators" know, they were hard to miss. Tongue

There shouldn't have been any partisanship involved in this at all, yet thats where it ended up. The OSPR and the administrative aspects of the Senate should be above that. Its an unfortunate direction and one I think we can both work to challenge and turn back.

Yankee thought the deadline had passed, and had to be shown he was wrong.

I had all the deadlines right, I missed a vote BK had on the tenth. Were it not for that, his previous vote would have been on the 4th, 5th something like that. Then even the "calendar day" bs would have have been useless.

For the record, I do promise that I am not in fact dead.

Grin

(gives a whole new meaning to zombie voter, heh)

You sure, sometimes I am not sure if I am. Wink

FWIW, if BK hadn't been warned, he wouldn't have voted and taken part in Senate work again.
That's what is important.

Even though it's really a pity his seat hasn't been declared vacant, voters will judge...
(oh, I know, Atlasian polls aren't about activity, in fact... Grin)

NCYankee is really kind to have put this problem BEFORE the deadline.
He can be thanked by BK and his supporters, in fact.
Had he wanted to act as a partisan hack, he'd have waited a bit...
RPPers are lucky to have Senator NC Yank as their leader Smiley !

The thought of screwing BK by saying nothing never occured. I had worried about him missing votes, but only in the context of "These damn lazy noaccount .....". And I contacted every Senator, about every vote. So I didn't thing that BACON KING would let that happen. I didn't connect the dots till a conversation I had with Jbrase on the 30th, in which it dawned on me how innactive BK had been.

And speaking of dead, and can we just kill this damn thread already. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #127 on: November 10, 2010, 10:07:47 PM »

I do not understand why this thread is still here. At all.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies