PLEASE SAY IT AIN'T SO. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:28:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PLEASE SAY IT AIN'T SO. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PLEASE SAY IT AIN'T SO.  (Read 9363 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: October 31, 2010, 06:41:11 PM »

Bacon King has done an admirable job in the Senate, and it would be a shame to see him go. Sad
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 07:03:41 PM »

I don't see why the courts would even need to examine this, as it seems clear cut to me. Bacon King went for 3 straight weeks without posting, and by law, he is no longer a Senator, regardless of what the PPT does.

As much as I think Bacon King should stay in the Senate, we'd be setting a bad precedent by breaking the law in order to keep him in there. Sad If he wants to stay in, he can always run in the special election.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 07:12:24 PM »

I don't see why the courts would even need to examine this, as it seems clear cut to me. Bacon King went for 3 straight weeks without posting, and by law, he is no longer a Senator, regardless of what the PPT does.

As much as I think Bacon King should stay in the Senate, we'd be setting a bad precedent by breaking the law in order to keep him in there. Sad If he wants to stay in, he can always run in the special election.

That would I think be a fair compromise. Let the vacancy stand and then have BK run in the special. Its not like he would have a problem winning the special as a JCPer.

Sounds reasonable.

It's not reasonable at all and I would caution against falling for that trap. Coming off the heels of three weeks of inactivity wouldn't make him an attractive choice for people to vote for. The right would put up a moderate and/or likable figure and then demolish him with this as an issue.
It's the best option right now. If you think he'd get creamed, then encourage him not to run in favor of someone else.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 07:42:55 PM »

Personally, I consider a day 24 hours. It's the most technical and accurate way of operating. Going by hours, Bacon King was inactive for 3 weeks straight, which I think would make a very compelling case in the court. Even Marokai stated earlier that Bacon King is no longer a Senator.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies