NATIONAL GOVERNOR/OTHER RESULTS THREAD (LATE RESULTS/POSTMORTEM)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 01:17:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NATIONAL GOVERNOR/OTHER RESULTS THREAD (LATE RESULTS/POSTMORTEM)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24
Author Topic: NATIONAL GOVERNOR/OTHER RESULTS THREAD (LATE RESULTS/POSTMORTEM)  (Read 59288 times)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: November 04, 2010, 07:18:54 PM »

Ah, Bridgeport.  They must not have enough ballots to put Malloy over the top.  Time to find some new ones!

How predictable.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #476 on: November 04, 2010, 07:26:33 PM »

Ah, Bridgeport.  They must not have enough ballots to put Malloy over the top.  Time to find some new ones!

How predictable.

Uhhh...
Malloy is already ahead without a single vote from Bridgeport counted.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #477 on: November 04, 2010, 07:29:49 PM »

How predictable.

Uhhh...

Uhhhh....

Malloy is BEHIND by 8,409 votes without a single vote from Bridgeport counted.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #478 on: November 04, 2010, 07:37:47 PM »

Ah, Bridgeport.  They must not have enough ballots to put Malloy over the top.  Time to find some new ones!

How predictable.

Uhhh...

Uhhhh....

That result was due to glitch from AP which undereported New Haven. When AP fixed the mistake, Malloy surged ahead by 6000 votes. That's the official tally now.

http://www.politico.com/2010/maps/#/Governor/2010/CT
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #479 on: November 04, 2010, 07:41:46 PM »

Ah, Bridgeport.  They must not have enough ballots to put Malloy over the top.  Time to find some new ones!

How predictable.

Uhhh...

Uhhhh....

That result was due to glitch from AP which undereported New Haven. When AP fixed the mistake, Malloy surged ahead by 6000 votes. That's the official tally now.

http://www.politico.com/2010/maps/#/Governor/2010/CT

Wrong.  The AP's tally includes a preliminary, unofficial Bridgeport number.  The numbers I quoted came from the SoS today do not include Bridgeport.  Foley leads by 8,409 in it.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #480 on: November 04, 2010, 08:15:05 PM »

If you had bothered to read the article, you'd realize that the ballots aren't sinister:

"The existence of these ballots, the number of the ballots, and their location and status were fully disclosed to representatives of the Foley and Malloy campaigns during the evening of the election, and the Secretary of the State's office was also similarly notified," said Bridgeport Deputy City Attorney Arthur Laske. "Any allegation that there were missing, or newly discovered ballots by the attorney for the Foley campaign is entirely incorrect."
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #481 on: November 04, 2010, 08:30:44 PM »

If you had bothered to read the article, you'd realize that the ballots aren't sinister:

"The existence of these ballots, the number of the ballots, and their location and status were fully disclosed to representatives of the Foley and Malloy campaigns during the evening of the election, and the Secretary of the State's office was also similarly notified," said Bridgeport Deputy City Attorney Arthur Laske. "Any allegation that there were missing, or newly discovered ballots by the attorney for the Foley campaign is entirely incorrect."

1) I read the NBCConnecticut article, which I was going to post when I replied.  It doesn't mention that.

2) I don't trust anything a Bridgeport official says, without proof.  They are even more incompetent than the Connecticut Secretary of the State.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #482 on: November 04, 2010, 11:27:29 PM »

GOP picks up 13 seats in the TN State house.  Rural democrats almost completely wiped out.  That's the good news.  

The bad news is that urban Republicans (candidates like Shelton, Cook, and Dominy in Shelby and Davidson counties) didn't make any pick-ups, meaning that the state's most populous counties have cast their lots with the losing team.

The GOP took TN-60- retiree Ben West's seat in Davidson County. Gotto over Sam Coleman.

I guess I was actually trying to draw a distinction between a white-urban and suburban district and making note that we didn't pick up any white-urban districts.

Basically I'm just bitter that the majority caucus will only have one member who resides within the Memphis city limits, and half his district is in the suburb of Germantown.  Memphis Republicans at least made a valiant attempt at gaining relevant representation for us, but unfortunately the voters betrayed their own interests.  And what did they get?  Memphians now make up 1/3rd of Tennessee's newly-irrelevant House Democratic caucus.

More Haslams and fewer Campfields and you might get your wish.

Agreed.   But if people in Memphis and Nashville refuse to participate in how our state is governed - by voting Democrat, then moderate and sane voices will be squelched out by the Campfields.  We need to bolster what few moderates there are in the Republican caucus by sending more allies to help them.

Clay Shelton isn't just a moderate, he actually had the chutzpah to stand up in front of a local Republican club meeting and talk about how our Party needed to support "LGBT rights".  I just about walked out of a campaign meeting because he said something that was too liberal for *me* Smiley

Well, I’ve got to say I want the urban areas to strengthen for the Dems, but I have no love for many of the Dems in state office now (either one of them Wink. I vote Republican for state offices more than any other level- I knew w/o a doubt I’d support Haslam over McWherter pretty early on (might as well vote for the moderate daddy’s boy who has actually governed), and the idea of sending more votes Beth Harwell’s way is appealing as well. I would've applauded for Shelton.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #483 on: November 05, 2010, 09:26:37 AM »

Why the hell was my thread merged there ? That makes no sense and confuses everybody.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #484 on: November 05, 2010, 11:32:41 AM »

Chicago Tribune reporting that Bill Brady will concede at 1:30 PM Central.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #485 on: November 05, 2010, 11:34:58 AM »

I would be shocked if somebody who almost literally supported killing puppies won Tongue
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #486 on: November 05, 2010, 11:35:49 AM »

Hopefully he also moves to Oklahoma.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #487 on: November 05, 2010, 11:46:06 AM »

Hopefully he also moves to Oklahoma.

I'd support tax Money going towards the purchase of a one way ticket.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #488 on: November 05, 2010, 12:39:19 PM »

I just read today that the GOP held the Lt. Gov office in Vermont. That was unexpected.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #489 on: November 05, 2010, 03:07:09 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2010, 03:36:05 PM by Badger »

Well, Badger, after you continuing to insult me, I now have come to the conclusion that you're not worth bothering with. I tried to be friendly with you and respectful, if you want to keep insulting me and lying about me on this board I'm putting you on ignore, where you belong.  I know the Mods will allow these insults to continue uncorrected if they are done by left wingers.

"Friendly and respectful"? At times--which I've reciprocated accordingly--but you certainly weren't here:

People who throw stones shouldn't be indignant when stones are thrown back. Nuff said.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #490 on: November 05, 2010, 03:11:24 PM »

Talking about LGs, Jim Folsom was defeated for reelection in Alabama.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #491 on: November 05, 2010, 04:33:21 PM »

It's over (finally!) in Connecticut.

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/articles/2010/11/05/conn_governor_election_inching_toward_resolution/

Dan Malloy has defeated Republican Tom Foley to become the first Democrat in two decades to be elected governor of Connecticut.

The Associated Press on Friday reinstated its call of Malloy as the winner of the governor's race. The AP initially called Malloy the winner on Wednesday, after Secretary of the State Susan Bysiewicz said her preliminary count showed Malloy had won by 3,103 votes. The AP withdrew the call Wednesday night when its vote count, with all but a handful of precincts reporting, showed Foley with a narrow lead.

The AP received a complete report of results from heavily Democratic New Haven on Thursday, which substantially boosted Malloy's total, as did new vote totals from heavily Democratic Bridgeport on Friday. The AP's complete but unofficial count shows Malloy winning by 7,762 votes. A separate complete count now posted on the secretary of the state's website shows Malloy winning by 5,644 votes. Both margins are well outside the difference that would trigger an automatic recount under state law.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #492 on: November 05, 2010, 05:15:27 PM »

where can I see alabama and vermont LG results??
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #493 on: November 05, 2010, 06:17:59 PM »

I've uploaded Alabama Lt. Gov.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #494 on: November 05, 2010, 08:38:48 PM »

It's over (finally!) in Connecticut.

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/articles/2010/11/05/conn_governor_election_inching_toward_resolution/

Dan Malloy has defeated Republican Tom Foley to become the first Democrat in two decades to be elected governor of Connecticut.

Foley isn't conceding:

http://www.courant.com/news/politics/hc-ct-governor-election-results-1106-20101105,0,7794031.story

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #495 on: November 05, 2010, 10:16:05 PM »

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20101103/NEWS03/101103010/-1/TOPICS0206/Phil-Scott-elected-Vermont-lt.-governor

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20101104/NEWS03/101103053/-1/TOPICS0206/Legislature-may-have-to-rubberstamp-two-races

Republican Phil Scott was elected LG with 49% versus 43% for his Democratic opponent. Just like Dubie (R) in the Governors race, the Democrat said he doesn't wish to contest election in the state legislature. Vermont requires the state legislature to determine the winner if no one gets 50% for state races. Vermont politicians both losers and the legislature have a long history of letting the person with the most votes win. 
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #496 on: November 06, 2010, 12:40:41 AM »

It looks like Democrats are going to end up picking up quite a few governorships and holding a few that we weren't really expected to. If only we could have held on to Ohio and picked up Florida (so close!), it would have been a fantastic night for us on that front. I mean, one can only feel so bad about losing a bunch that we had no business holding in the first place (Wyoming, Oklahoma, Kansas, etc.)

By the way, do people think that Florida should count as a Republican pickup?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #497 on: November 06, 2010, 12:46:35 AM »

It looks like Democrats are going to end up picking up quite a few governorships and holding a few that we weren't really expected to. If only we could have held on to Ohio and picked up Florida (so close!), it would have been a fantastic night for us on that front. I mean, one can only feel so bad about losing a bunch that we had no business holding in the first place (Wyoming, Oklahoma, Kansas, etc.)

By the way, do people think that Florida should count as a Republican pickup?

Of course Florida can't count.  Rhode Island would count as a Democratic pickup five times over before that should be considered the case.  Did he even officially change his registration yet?

Ohio and Florida were pretty much the only two bright spots for the RGA on election night, compared to like eight wins against them in CA, OR, CO, MN, IL, NH, MA, CT (?), VT, MD etc.    Of course certain races were put out of reach early on like NM, WI NY and so on, but the RGA dumped like $10m into Illinois and Mass with little to show for it.  And their expenditures into HI seem ridiculous as their candidate lost by 20 points
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #498 on: November 06, 2010, 12:52:15 AM »

Wisconsin was actually closer than I expected it to be.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #499 on: November 06, 2010, 12:56:03 AM »

Wisconsin was actually closer than I expected it to be.

Yeah, certain races were quirky ...  ME & RI both had the Democrats surprisingly take 3rd place for example. 

But I don't see how you can look at the RGA's spending, which was over $100m, and conclude that they had a good night, losing so many close races outside of OH/FL.  OH & FL are big 2012 states, so not trying to diminish the importance ... just seems like a rather unimpressive result
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies