Santorum's Dem Challenger (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:33:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Santorum's Dem Challenger (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Santorum's Dem Challenger  (Read 23643 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« on: November 16, 2004, 04:20:33 AM »

The PA Republican Party is in danger of becoming impotent, but I think that Santorum will defeat almost any challenger that the Dems bring up, unless 2006 is a really bad year for the GOP.

P.S. For those of you Democrats who think that Santorum is dead meat.  You would do well to remember that he currently has the highest approval rating, in his state, of any U.S. Senator.

His approval rating is no higher than Rendell's.  2006 may be a washout for the GOP and Santorum and Coleman (MN) will be prime targets for the Democratic Senate Campaign Committee.  Neither party should get cocky.  I hate Santorum with a passion, but I know how big PA is and how different it is.  However, the Southeast portion generally agrees with me and will turn out almost the same numebrs they did for Kerry in 2006.  If that's the case, Santorum may have trouble.  Remember, Bush is far less brash.       
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 03:30:41 PM »

If Holden were to win the Democratic nomination against Santorum he would have my vote. I would hate to lose him as my Representative, however.

Losing Holden in the geographic position he is would be tough.  I think it would be best for him to stay in PA-17.  He woudl not win Seante because his pro-life views come in conflict with Southeastern PA liberal Democrats.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 02:29:00 AM »

And how about the rumors about Street in '06? I mean...are the Dems trying to lose? Do they want to see Santorum re-elected? Most of their rumored candidates are jokes.

I wouldn't sell Street short; he has had a long record as a social conservative and fiscal conservative as well.

The problem in '06 is georgraphy.

Street??? Are you kidding??  Let me bring my pen to the polls.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies