Santorum's Dem Challenger (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:19:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Santorum's Dem Challenger (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Santorum's Dem Challenger  (Read 23656 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« on: November 15, 2004, 11:20:42 PM »
« edited: November 15, 2004, 11:37:11 PM by supersoulty »

The PA Republican Party is in danger of becoming impotent, but I think that Santorum will defeat almost any challenger that the Dems bring up, unless 2006 is a really bad year for the GOP.

P.S. For those of you Democrats who think that Santorum is dead meat.  You would do well to remember that he currently has the highest approval rating, in his state, of any U.S. Senator.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 10:51:11 AM »

The PA Republican Party is in danger of becoming impotent, but I think that Santorum will defeat almost any challenger that the Dems bring up, unless 2006 is a really bad year for the GOP.

P.S. For those of you Democrats who think that Santorum is dead meat.  You would do well to remember that he currently has the highest approval rating, in his state, of any U.S. Senator.

His approval rating is no higher than Rendell's.  2006 may be a washout for the GOP and Santorum and Coleman (MN) will be prime targets for the Democratic Senate Campaign Committee.  Neither party should get cocky.  I hate Santorum with a passion, but I know how big PA is and how different it is.  However, the Southeast portion generally agrees with me and will turn out almost the same numebrs they did for Kerry in 2006.  If that's the case, Santorum may have trouble.  Remember, Bush is far less brash.       

A lot of people like Santorum because he is brash.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 04:38:44 PM »

Add a new name to the list of possible Democratic primary candidates:

Kathleen McGinty - Secretary of the Department of Environmental Protection

From PoliticsPA.com:

It's unofficial: DEP Secretary to run for Senate in 2006.  Multiple sources tell PoliticsPA that DEP Secretary Kathleen McGinty is considering a run for the Democratic nomination for Senate in 2006.  McGinty has strong ties to the Clinton administration, and served as a policy advisor to the Democratic National Committee and Al Gore.

McGinty's resume can be found at http://www.dep.state.pa.us/dep/mcginty/resume.htm

HA!  An Environmental Protection Secretary.  She would be crushed in the "T" and Pittsburgh.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2004, 11:54:37 PM »

How would an environmental secretary hurt her in Central PA and Pittsburgh...the environment is one of the biggest issues in the state. It would actually help her, of course among Democrats and probably among Republicans too.

Maybe among your circles, but I haven't met many PAers who even would list the environment among the top 5 issues.

Since when was the environment one of the biggest issues here?

Where the hell are you from? The environment has always been one of the biggest issues in PA.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies