PPP: Romney leads CA, CO, CT, NH; Huckabee leads IL, PA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:34:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  PPP: Romney leads CA, CO, CT, NH; Huckabee leads IL, PA
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: PPP: Romney leads CA, CO, CT, NH; Huckabee leads IL, PA  (Read 5804 times)
Bull Moose Base

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2010, 08:56:21 AM »

Huckabee would be against slavery and Limbaugh would blast him for it.

Romney would have been abolitionist as governor but would now be clarifyng he's a states rights abolitionist: what works in Massachusetts may not work in Virginia.
Dgov
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2010, 09:14:28 AM »

Does anyone doubt the GOP of today would be against abolishing slavery if it still existed?  The new costs of ending slavery would stifle businesses!  I'm not kidding.

You do realize we're the party that opposed a Health care mandate on the grounds that it violates our economic freedom, right?
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2010, 10:05:55 AM »

Like everything else the last two years, the GOP opposed the mandate on the grounds that Obama advocated it.  Can't help but notice how many Republican polls are led by the father of the mandate.  If Romney's campaign is sunk it won't be because Republicans oppose the mandate as much as the Republicans oppose things they're told are similar to Obama.  Just like Charlie Crist didn't lose the primary for supporting a stimulus plan during a labor crisis that was 40% tax cuts. He lost because he hugged Obama.
Dgov
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2010, 10:19:11 AM »

Like everything else the last two years, the GOP opposed the mandate on the grounds that Obama advocated it.  Can't help but notice how many Republican polls are led by the father of the mandate.  If Romney's campaign is sunk it won't be because Republicans oppose the mandate as much as the Republicans oppose things they're told are similar to Obama.  Just like Charlie Crist didn't lose the primary for supporting a stimulus plan during a labor crisis that was 40% tax cuts. He lost because he hugged Obama.

Do you really think the ideological extent of the GOP is "Do what ever Obama doesn't do, and vice versa"?  Conservatism has been around longer than he has you know.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2010, 03:15:29 PM »

Does anyone doubt the GOP of today would be against abolishing slavery if it still existed?  The new costs of ending slavery would stifle businesses!  I'm not kidding.

Yes, I doubt it. 

In fact, Republicans would be the first to abolish slavery.  After all, the Republicans are the party of freedom.

The only reason the Democrat Party would abolish slavery is so they could pander to them to obtain a reliable voting block they could then take for granted.

Nobody is going to deny the Republican Party freed slaves. But also nobody is going to forget Republicans selling out Black community, Southern Strategy, abandoning civil rights principles, appealing to the racist in Dixie, "being neglect" etc. etc.

And Lincoln today would be teabagged by some conservative hero.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2010, 03:33:17 PM »

Yes, I doubt it. 

In fact, Republicans would be the first to abolish slavery.  After all, the Republicans are the party of freedom.

The only reason the Democrat Party would abolish slavery is so they could pander to them to obtain a reliable voting block they could then take for granted.

Nobody is going to deny the Republican Party freed slaves. But also nobody is going to forget Republicans selling out Black community, Southern Strategy, abandoning civil rights principles, appealing to the racist in Dixie, "being neglect" etc. etc.

Never Forget that a Republican Sold Out the Black Vote to Prevent an Irish Catholic From Becoming President.

And Republicans love to claim that history books are so biased against them.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2010, 04:01:18 PM »

So this is really a question that's being debated here?  Would the Republican Party of today still free the slaves if slavery were still in practice?  Why would someone even hypothosize such a question?  Slavery doesn't exist today because of Republicans; Democrats wanted to keep slavery.

But anyway, I would argue that Democrats, in general and mostly (but not totally), are more racist today than Republicans.  They, at every turn, appear to bend over backwards in order to recognize minorities in many cases in favor of recognizing the so called "majority."  However, affirmative action is a racist policy that favors one race over another, regardless of accomplishments, and strictly on the sole basis of ones race.  Giving African Americans reparations is a racist policy that awards one specific race financial advantage over all other races for no other reason than the color of their skin, and based upon a people's suffering from over one hundred years ago when there are no modern day victims, nor perpetrators in which to aquire the funds necessary to award them.  Both these policies are, in general, supported by Democrats.  Modern Republicans, again, in general, do no support these policies.  Actual racism is by and large dead in this country except for the unwillingness of some politicians who outright refuse to allow one race of people to move forward and instead insist on them always looking back.

I actually agree with this post 95% (ie I believe that whether you like it or not both parties are racist).  The way Democrats try to find racism behind every tree these days is annoying.  It is quite ironic because by doing so they only end up looking racists themselves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaIhf41ctkM&feature=channel

I mean really guys, REALLY.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2010, 04:07:24 PM »
« Edited: November 10, 2010, 04:22:54 PM by Joementum »

Actual racism is dead?!  Jesus.  Was he sick?  I saw him a couple months ago and he looked fine.  What a shock.

Without a doubt, the Democrats proposal to raise taxes on the middle class to pay for slavery reparations cost them the midterms.

Lincoln would love Sarah Palin, wouldn't he?  And Rick Perry.
Ben Romney
Hillary2012
Germany

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2010, 04:52:26 PM »

John Thune would be the best candidate for the GOP and The obumblers worst nightmare

ZOGBY:
Chris Christie 19%
Mitt Romney 17%
Sarah Palin 14%
Jeb Bush 6%
Tim Pawlenty 4%
Mitch Daniels 3%
Haley Barbour 3%
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2010, 05:02:07 PM »

John Thune would be the best candidate for the GOP and The obumblers worst nightmare

ZOGBY:
Chris Christie 19%
Mitt Romney 17%
Sarah Palin 14%
Jeb Bush 6%
Tim Pawlenty 4%
Mitch Daniels 3%
Haley Barbour 3%
Haha, there probably isn't even 19% of Republicans who know who Chris Christie is.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2010, 05:03:51 PM »

Actual racism is dead?!  Jesus.  Was he sick?  I saw him a couple months ago and he looked fine.  What a shock.

Without a doubt, the Democrats proposal to raise taxes on the middle class to pay for slavery reparations cost them the midterms.

Lincoln would love Sarah Palin, wouldn't he?  And Rick Perry.

And Jeff Sessions, and Ted Poe...
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2010, 10:06:55 PM »

Yes, I doubt it. 

Hmmm, let me think

Robert Byrd, former member of the KKK.  I believe Byrd was a.................Democrat, yes, that's it.

Jessie Jackson, prominent civil rights leader, or so he likes to call himself, referred to New York City as..........uh..........oh yes, Hymietown.  Let me think, Jessie Jackson, uh..........oh yes, now I remember,  Democrat.

Senators who opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964, tooth and nail

Hill and Sparkman of Alabama
Fulbright and McClellan of Arkansas
Holland and Smathers of Florida
Russell and Talmadge of Georgia
Ellender and Long of Louisiana
Eastland and Stennis of Mississippi
Ervin and Jordan of North Carolina
Johnston and Thurmond of South Carolina
Gore Sr. and Walters of Tennessee
H. Byrd and Robertson of Virginia
R. Byrd of West Virginia

Let me think for a moment, uh..........oh yes, all Democrats.  Thurmond later a Republican.   

The three most notorious opponents of school integration

Orval Faubus, Governor of Arkansas 
George Wallace, Governor of Alabama
Lester Maddox, Governor of Georgia

Now, I believe..........yes, that's right, all Democrats.

Hmmm, seems to me there have been an awful lot of prominent Democrat racists and segregationists.

Hmmm.

Interesting.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2010, 10:22:08 PM »

I would suspect Daniels to preform that well in IL, but why is Thune polling "high" there?

What?  Thune is at 2% in Illinois.  That's statistically indistinguishable from zero support!

Sorry, I meant Pawlenty

The GOP primary samples per state are pretty small here, so the margin of error is big.  I don't think the variation in Pawlenty's support from state to state is all that meaningful, given the small samples.  Of course, if we get subsequent primary polls of other Midwestern states showing Pawlenty in mid-high single digits there, as opposed to low single digits everywhere else, then it might mean there's a regional effect.  But not enough to go on here.

ShamDam
ChanDan

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2010, 10:38:10 PM »

Yes, I doubt it. 

Hmmm, let me think

Robert Byrd, former member of the KKK.  I believe Byrd was a.................Democrat, yes, that's it.

Jessie Jackson, prominent civil rights leader, or so he likes to call himself, referred to New York City as..........uh..........oh yes, Hymietown.  Let me think, Jessie Jackson, uh..........oh yes, now I remember,  Democrat.

Senators who opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964, tooth and nail

Hill and Sparkman of Alabama
Fulbright and McClellan of Arkansas
Holland and Smathers of Florida
Russell and Talmadge of Georgia
Ellender and Long of Louisiana
Eastland and Stennis of Mississippi
Ervin and Jordan of North Carolina
Johnston and Thurmond of South Carolina
Gore Sr. and Walters of Tennessee
H. Byrd and Robertson of Virginia
R. Byrd of West Virginia

Let me think for a moment, uh..........oh yes, all Democrats.  Thurmond later a Republican.   

The three most notorious opponents of school integration

Orval Faubus, Governor of Arkansas 
George Wallace, Governor of Alabama
Lester Maddox, Governor of Georgia

Now, I believe..........yes, that's right, all Democrats.

Hmmm, seems to me there have been an awful lot of prominent Democrat racists and segregationists.

Hmmm.

Interesting.

the Democrats were in favor of racist and segregationist policies because they were appealing to the south. A major part of their voting bloc were racists. That doesn't mean that today's democrats, who are completely shut out from the south, who now have a majority of minority support, should be held accountable for actions of members of their party from a completely different political landscape. This is why it is irrelevant to point out that it was a Republican who freed the slaves. For the most part, politicians are beholden to their constituents, and the Republican Party's constituents were against slavery. Consider this: if slavery were still going on today, would it not take place in the South? And who is currently the party of the South?

Hmm.

Interesting.

Of course the whole slavery conversation is nonsense and irrelevant as mentioned earlier, but so was this post.
Poundingtherock
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2010, 10:59:22 PM »

PPP puts out a teaser for its Florida, West Virginia, texas, wisconsin, maine, and minnesota polls:

"Some pretty good numbers for Palin in what we'll be releasing tomorrow"

http://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/2458767518072832

Think she's leading Pawlenty in Minnesota?
Poundingtherock
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2010, 11:03:27 PM »

I would have to agree Romney is a dead man walking with these numbers.  You cannot split the conservative vote any further than it is now.

You might as well add the exit poll numbers from election night from Iowa and South Carolina to the map.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2010, 11:06:14 PM »

PPP puts out a teaser for its Florida, West Virginia, texas, wisconsin, maine, and minnesota polls:

"Some pretty good numbers for Palin in what we'll be releasing tomorrow"

http://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/2458767518072832

Think she's leading Pawlenty in Minnesota?

I'd see her leading West Virginia and Texas. Resonable polling in Florida and Wisconsin as well as becoming close to number 2 in Maine and minnesota. That's my definition of good numbers for Palin at the moment.
Poundingtherock
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2010, 11:09:12 PM »

I'll go hawkish and predict she's leading in every state but Maine.  perhaps there is a tie in one state.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2010, 11:16:32 PM »

I'll say Romney comfortably in ME and FL.  Palin in TX and WV.  And Huckabee in MN, WI with Palin a close second.  I'll say Palwenty in the teens in MN.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2010, 11:18:31 PM »

Of course the whole slavery conversation is nonsense and irrelevant as mentioned earlier, but so was this post.

Yeah, I thought we were talking about Mitt Romney..........
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2010, 11:24:57 PM »

the Democrats were in favor of racist and segregationist policies because they were appealing to the south. A major part of their voting bloc were racists. That doesn't mean that today's democrats, who are completely shut out from the south, who now have a majority of minority support, should be held accountable for actions of members of their party from a completely different political landscape. This is why it is irrelevant to point out that it was a Republican who freed the slaves. For the most part, politicians are beholden to their constituents, and the Republican Party's constituents were against slavery. Consider this: if slavery were still going on today, would it not take place in the South? And who is currently the party of the South?

Hmm.

Interesting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the forum.

At least my details were historical facts.  Your scenario about slavery still going on today has no basis whatsoever in fact, therefore rendering your post even more irrelevant than mine.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2010, 11:32:57 PM »

Folks, I'm not sure how good some of your reading comprehension is so let me reiterate:

This thread is called "PPP: Romney leads CA, CO, CT, NH; Huckabee leads IL, PA".  This forum board is called the "2012 US Presidential Election" meaning that the discussion has to do with the 2012 US Presidential Election.  For the life of me I don't understand what something that ended almost 150 years ago has to do with the 2012 US Presidential Election and those running in it.  Slavery is a non-existent issue in today's world and has no bearing on the 2012 Election, just like gay rights issues were non-existent in the 1860 US Presidential Election.

If you want to have a penis waving contest over which party was more/less racist or would support slavery do it in the Political board or whatever the hell it's called.
Yes I did get involved somewhat in this convo, but that was because I was mocking the rest of you guys (as usual).  But please shut the hell up already.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2010, 12:00:50 AM »

I started it.  I will get us back on track:

Never forget a Republican created the model for Obamacare.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2010, 02:58:46 PM »

These polls are basically meaningless. I think Thune has a lot of potential. Daniels becomes the candidate of choice if the dollar collapses and people look for someone who is serious about fixing the country's budget problems. He would have an edge over Ron Paul because he doesn't come across as the person you rely on in a crisis but Daniels reaks of being the policy wonk who knows what has to be done and why. Other then that situation which I find unlikely, I think Palin, Thune and Romney have real shots at the nomination.

I bet Pat Toomey doesn't like his base in the T being so in love with Huckster.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2010, 03:25:55 PM »

Yes, just like 2008 polls were meaningless in a late 2006.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies