CNN poll: Huckabee 21% Romney 20% Palin 14% Gingrich 12% Paul 7%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:06:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  CNN poll: Huckabee 21% Romney 20% Palin 14% Gingrich 12% Paul 7%
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: CNN poll: Huckabee 21% Romney 20% Palin 14% Gingrich 12% Paul 7%  (Read 5111 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2010, 07:31:46 PM »

Palin is only down 8 points! She may defeat Obama by more than I expected.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2010, 10:24:01 PM »

Huckabee 52%
Obama 44%

Romney 50%
Obama 45%

Obama 52%
Palin 44%

Obama 49%
Gingrich 47%

Polls continue to confirm what the GOP can't deliver thanks to teabaggery: a non-threatening candidate like Romney or Huckster can just ride the tide into office with ease.

People they will actually nominate like Palin and Gingrich? 4 more years! 4 more years!

Gingrich a Tea Partier? That's a strange way of looking at things. I mean, isn't Gingrich one of those "establishment politicians" that tea partiers don't like? They're more into "outsiders"/dark horses (except Palin) who don't have a long political career (and who haven't already served in the federal government).

Gingrich has been out of the system long enough that people associate him as a true conservative outsider.

I think it's generally believed by conservatives that Dennis Hastert screwed them over on Contract with America not Newt Gingrich.
You overestimate the number of voters who even remember Contact With America.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2010, 04:22:34 PM »

Huckabee 52%
Obama 44%

Romney 50%
Obama 45%

Obama 52%
Palin 44%

Obama 49%
Gingrich 47%

Polls continue to confirm what the GOP can't deliver thanks to teabaggery: a non-threatening candidate like Romney or Huckster can just ride the tide into office with ease.

People they will actually nominate like Palin and Gingrich? 4 more years! 4 more years!

Gingrich a Tea Partier? That's a strange way of looking at things. I mean, isn't Gingrich one of those "establishment politicians" that tea partiers don't like? They're more into "outsiders"/dark horses (except Palin) who don't have a long political career (and who haven't already served in the federal government).

Gingrich has been out of the system long enough that people associate him as a true conservative outsider.

I think it's generally believed by conservatives that Dennis Hastert screwed them over on Contract with America not Newt Gingrich.

True, hence they don't remember Gingrich as establishment, either.

Gingrich can win the Teabagger vote.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2010, 09:00:48 PM »
« Edited: November 11, 2010, 10:24:52 AM by Nym90 »

Huckabee 52%
Obama 44%

Romney 50%
Obama 45%

Obama 52%
Palin 44%

Obama 49%
Gingrich 47%

True, hence they don't remember Gingrich as establishment, either.

Gingrich can win the Teabagger vote.
He certainly can, though the competition will be tight and he has more than enough skeletons in the closet to make the position of king-maker a much more attractive proposition.  I see Gingrich courting the media with the possibility of a presidential bid for the next few months and then, days before it is too late, endorsing someone else.  There was an article about him encouraging Daniels to run, so as of now that is who I will peg as having his endorsement in this scenario.  I could see either Pawlenty or Thune getting it if Daniels does not run.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies