GOP house gains in 2012? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:08:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GOP house gains in 2012? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GOP house gains in 2012?  (Read 19050 times)
Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics

« on: November 09, 2010, 10:06:19 AM »

Republicans won't be able to make major gains from redistricting after this landslide.

Redistricting  will, however, let them keep many of their otherwise vulnerable "less astute" newly elected members.
Agreed. A few of the Republican gerrymanders in 2000 were stretched too thin and got swept away with the wave. If they are smart this time they will simply try to consolidate their gains and give the Dems some safe districts packed with Dem voters instead of trying to wipe them out, which will make their own incumbents safer. This will give them a great structural advantage and make the seats less competitive, which would favor them.
Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 02:25:20 PM »

I think people are putting a little too much faith in the Obama Justice Department.

I think people are putting a little too much faith in the Obama Justice Department. Supreme Court not to strike down this racist, anachronistic, incumbent-protection law once and for all.   We have a black President.  It's time.
I don't get why you are complaining about it with how much it helps your side in the House..
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies