US House Redistricting: Maryland (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:41:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  US House Redistricting: Maryland (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US House Redistricting: Maryland  (Read 66514 times)
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« on: July 18, 2011, 09:28:30 PM »

Regional concerns matter, especially for those 50k blacks stuck in the Eastern Shore district if you draw it into PG.

Instead they should just run CD-1 over to Carroll County and grab all the 60% McCain precincts.

Just like how in Texas, Republicans should keep the city of Austin together, right?
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 09:58:55 PM »

Regional concerns matter, especially for those 50k blacks stuck in the Eastern Shore district if you draw it into PG.

Instead they should just run CD-1 over to Carroll County and grab all the 60% McCain precincts.

Just like how in Texas, Republicans should keep the city of Austin together, right?

There's a sizable difference between screwing over your own voters and screwing over the other side's voters. One matters. One doesn't.

You think that Austin's Democratic voters arent getting screwed by being put into a bunch of Republican districts?
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 10:20:37 PM »

Maybe the Pubs should send a telegram to the MD Dems, that if they kill off a Pubbie in MD, Cooper in TN is finished. An semi-erose go for the kill map will be passed in TN. Just a thought. And I just drew one (not yet posted; my prior map was more "gentlemanly." I'm serious. I feel a bit bad. Cooper is a throughly decent man. I feel unclean. But the MD Dems are being a bit piggish. It's time to retaliate.

Look what the Republicans did in Georgia to Barrow.  I think getting rid of a Republican in Maryland is simply retaliation for that.  There was no need to eliminate Barrow.  In fact, his seat could have been easily made black majority. 
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 11:48:07 AM »

Am I the only one who thinks MD-02 (Ruppersberger) could be vulnerable by the end of the decade?  It has a lot of areas around Baltimore that are historically Dem but trended hard against Obama.

Thanks,

Richard

He got 64% in 2010.  I dont think so.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies