ATTN Judicial Overlord Dibble: BK v. SE III (?)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:29:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ATTN Judicial Overlord Dibble: BK v. SE III (?)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ATTN Judicial Overlord Dibble: BK v. SE III (?)  (Read 2276 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 08, 2010, 05:37:36 PM »

PiT made this post in his Governor's Office thread:

Without further ado, here are my appointments:

To the vacant seat in the Legislature, I appoint SvenssonRS.

To the vacant office of Lord of Darkness, I appoint KS21.

To the vacant office of IDS Attorney General, I appoint MilesC56.

Be it resolved, X Emperor PiT

However, the Regional Constitution clearly states:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Therefore the Lt. Governor appointment was illegal and a special election should be held.

I don't know about the Attorney General appointment as the AG rules aren't on the wiki and my internet connection is too slow to look up the relevant thread right now. But it's possible that appointment might be invalid as well.

That's all, thanks Dibble.

*grovel grovel grovel*
-
KS21
Political Matrix
E: -0.97, S: -3.39

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 06:33:35 PM »

"If the Lieutenant Governor should for any reason vacate his position, a special election shall be immediately held to fill the seat for the remainder of the term."

But the position was never vacated because there was never a Lieutenant Governor.

I started essentially at the beginning of the term, not part-way through.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 06:42:36 PM »

The position was vacant because nobody filled it after the election.
-
KS21
Political Matrix
E: -0.97, S: -3.39

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 06:47:33 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2010, 06:56:15 PM by Lieutenant Governor KS21 »

The position was vacant because nobody filled it after the election.

There still was never a Lieutenant Governor to start with, and thus the seat never became vacant, it was vacant to begin with. Nobody the people of the IDS elected to this position in the October General vacated his/her post.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 08:50:19 PM »

It seems that there is a question that SPC might be the rightfully-elected Lord of Darkness. As such, I think it would be wise to wait until after this issue has been resolved before possibly calling a special election.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 09:39:35 PM »

It seems that there is a question that SPC might be the rightfully-elected Lord of Darkness. As such, I think it would be wise to wait until after this issue has been resolved before possibly calling a special election.

Whatever the proper answer to that situation, the appointment of a Lt. Governor was still illegal.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 09:43:20 PM »

From my reading of the constitution, KS21's appointment to Lieutenant Governor does indeed appear to have been illegal.  In that case, would a new special election need to be held or was SPC election as a write-in candidate in the last election legitamite?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 09:45:51 PM »

Whatever the proper answer to that situation, the appointment of a Lt. Governor was still illegal.

Yes, I have already admitted elsewhere that I acted improperly.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 12:57:20 AM »

To be fair, as far as mistakes go this one wasn't very bad. Our region HAS changed the method of filling Lt. Governor vacancies from appointment to special election back and forth like three times over the past couple of years Tongue

just make sure you do the voting booths correctly, k? Wink
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 01:20:54 AM »

To be fair, as far as mistakes go this one wasn't very bad. Our region HAS changed the method of filling Lt. Governor vacancies from appointment to special election back and forth like three times over the past couple of years Tongue

just make sure you do the voting booths correctly, k? Wink

I'm not familiar with the procedure for holding special elections, actually. Should a ruling be handed down in a few days requiring a special election, would it be alright for me to start the vote on Friday morning & close it on Sunday night, as if it were a regularly scheduled election?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 11:16:21 AM »

It should last the standard amount of time, but stature requires a vacancy to be filled immediately.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 01:44:32 PM »
« Edited: November 09, 2010, 01:48:04 PM by IDS Judicial Overlord John Dibble »

*Thunder booms in the distance and the land is awash with terror as the Judicial Overlord Dibble enters the court*

You have roused me for this? FOOLS! I will remember this.

But fine, I shall dispense dark justice. I see two problems.

The first is that there are those here who are forgetting that we change the title from Lt. Governor to Lord of Darkness with the "What's in a Name?" amendment. Cease the use of that non-evil title in my courtroom or I'll have the bailiff eat your children and/or small pets. Also, someone update the damn wiki! Our Constitution needs to have all the amendments edited into it.

Second, it is quite clear that the Constitution states that the position of Lord of Darkness is an elected position, not an appointed one. KS21's appointment to Lord of Darkness is therefore invalid. A special election must be held.

So I rule. All glory to the Imperial Dominion!

*bangs gavel, the earth quakes*

EDIT - also, changing the court case to BK v. IDS. It's a new, evil region - remember that!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies