US House Redistricting: New Mexico (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:48:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  US House Redistricting: New Mexico (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US House Redistricting: New Mexico  (Read 11026 times)
muon2
Atlas Icon

« on: November 16, 2010, 12:34:45 AM »

Here's a version that makes a few swaps to improve incumbent chances, while generally avoiding county splits. CD 2 (green) is up to 53% McCain. Tribal areas are now all primarily in CD 3 (purple) which may or may not pose a problem.

muon2
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 11:38:08 PM »

Here's a version that makes a few swaps to improve incumbent chances, while generally avoiding county splits. CD 2 (green) is up to 53% McCain. Tribal areas are now all primarily in CD 3 (purple) which may or may not pose a problem.

Is your CD-1 entirely in Bernalillo County?  Or just in Bernalillo County and the county north of that, just on the southern fringes of that county?

It's hard to see on the state map, but I did extend into Rio Rancho in Sandoval county. This kept the reservations together on the west and south sides and the heavily GOP area with CD 2 on the east side of Bernalillo.

muon2
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 07:07:56 AM »

I am always pleased to hear from the resident expert. I doesn't hurt when I see my map is so close. Smiley It looks like Edgewood was the only significant area that I wasn't aware of that switched.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies