Forum Republicans: Do you want him run in 2012?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:32:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Forum Republicans: Do you want him run in 2012?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Regardless of whether or not you think he will run, do you want Chris Christie to run for President of the United States in 2012?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Forum Republicans: Do you want him run in 2012?  (Read 2476 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2010, 11:57:42 AM »

No.

Let him get two terms as Governor under his belt and run in 2016 (or 2020 if a Republican wins in 2012).

Wholeheartedly agree with this.  Let him get some experience first.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2010, 01:03:55 PM »

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2010, 01:04:34 PM »

I'm saying he should run so he could help solve our problems in his own country. Contrary to what you're clearly implying, that doesn't mean he shouldn't focus on things in his own state now.

But the point is that he hasn't even solved our problems yet.  How is he supposed to run a campaign on "I seem like I can handle it and did for hmmm...like a year"?  He needs some major accomplishments, some hurdles to overcome, a different New Jersey to champion as his.

He's already solved a major problem in New Jersey: it doesn't suck as much as it used to.  Tongue

Let's see how many major accomplishments he's able to get by the middle of next year when a lot of the state's battles will be fought.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2010, 02:06:33 PM »

I'm saying he should run so he could help solve our problems in his own country. Contrary to what you're clearly implying, that doesn't mean he shouldn't focus on things in his own state now.

But the point is that he hasn't even solved our problems yet.  How is he supposed to run a campaign on "I seem like I can handle it and did for hmmm...like a year"?  He needs some major accomplishments, some hurdles to overcome, a different New Jersey to champion as his.

He's already solved a major problem in New Jersey: it doesn't suck as much as it used to.  Tongue

Let's see how many major accomplishments he's able to get by the middle of next year when a lot of the state's battles will be fought.

Do you really want Palin part II?  (Except fatter and uglier)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2010, 02:08:13 PM »

I don't think he's like Palin and that argument isn't going to work on someone like me (who doesn't despise Palin like almost everyone else here). Sorry.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2010, 02:15:08 PM »

I don't think he's like Palin and that argument isn't going to work on someone like me (who doesn't despise Palin like almost everyone else here). Sorry.

Credential-wise, how much different is he?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2010, 02:53:50 PM »

He was the U.S. Attorney with quite a record in one of the most corrupt states in the nation for eight years.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2010, 03:21:48 PM »

Credential wise he is a little better, but he shouldn't run just yet (2016 or 2020).

He is not like Palin in any other way. He even refused to let her campaign with him.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2010, 10:31:51 PM »

Should Christie run in 2012?

After what he presumably did to the special education teacher, no way.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies