US House Redistricting: California (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:36:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  US House Redistricting: California (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US House Redistricting: California  (Read 80353 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: December 22, 2010, 02:25:10 AM »

Congress will be a better place without Calvert's fat corrupt ass in it in any event.

Definately. Any chance Jerry Lewis loses his seat as well?
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 09:25:30 AM »

How competitive is the suburban Sacramento district?

It's a lean R seat imo, but Lungren has been running pretty weak lately so there is a good chance he would lose.

It seems that every year since the mid 1990's, Lungren has been slowly declining in terms of his electability. One can hardly beleive that some even thought he was statewide material even way back in 1998.

I had thought it was a given that his seat would become far more Democratic, yet it seems that change (partisan wise I mean) was rather miniscule compared to the changes to say Drier and Gallegly for instance, who are now bascially DOA. Was the consensus wrong or just over emphasized?

North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 12:32:23 PM »

Yes, he can run in that seat, I was speaking in terms of the far less likely scenario of him running against McKeon, since that is where he was placed. Don't know why I did that that though since in CA, residency doesn't mean as much.

As for the Ventura seate, compete maybe, but he is not the type to give anyone confidence as swing seat material, wouldn't you agree?

I was really hoping it would be Calvert of the trio you listed.

Doesn't CA introduce that new primary system as well next year, making things even more uncertain?
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 09:13:35 PM »

Not with the redistricting reform in place. That would be partisan gerrymandering.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 10:16:20 PM »

Could you perhaps do the same thing only with the Obama numbers beside them instead of the candidates?
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 07:08:43 PM »

I see CA-21 is still an open seat. Why doesn't Drier run there? Its an R+3 district which is the same PVI as his current district. It strikes me there is no Republican yet thats running there.

You do realize that district is in the Central Valley, don't you? Also it looks like David Valadao is running in that district.

Not that I agree with the concept, but haven't multiple Republicans in CA, "gone northward" to take advantage of opportunities?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies