US House Redistricting: California (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:04:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  US House Redistricting: California (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US House Redistricting: California  (Read 80409 times)
hopper
United States

« on: May 02, 2012, 04:26:32 PM »

I see CA-03 is being talked about here. John Garamendi was a big loser in my opinion in redistricting going from a D+10 district to a D+1. His old district(well his current one) was in   the suburbs of San Fran I think with the town of Antioch being the base of the district. The current district looks like it is outside of the Sacramento suburbs on his campaign web site. The district looks like the shape of Texas.

I see CA-21 is still an open seat. Why doesn't Drier run there? Its an R+3 district which is the same PVI as his current district. It strikes me there is no Republican yet thats running there.

It seems to me the new California map the Republican districts got more Demoratic(Bilbray's) and the Dem districts got more Republican(Davis's.) Barbara Lee's new district has alot more black population(50%) than her current district(35%) I have heard though so therefore its more Democartic.

The new map could be a wash in my opinion except if you are Garamendi, Sherman or Berman(whoever wins there), or Laura Richardson. In a Republican Wave Year Garamendi is toast.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies