MA: Regional Budget (In the works) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 12:42:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MA: Regional Budget (In the works) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA: Regional Budget (In the works)  (Read 27457 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: August 04, 2011, 11:10:38 PM »

As things stand, not a ton has changed from the last time Badger guesstimated revenue numbers. The income tax changes are good, and help, but most of the changes are either very small, or the all new bracket that doesn't really make much of a difference simply because of how much someone has to earn to actually hit it.

But either way.. :

Revenue:Amount
Income Taxes:$34.6 B
Social Insurance Taxes:$24.4 B
"Ad Valorum" Taxes:$108.5 B
Fees:$43.3 B
Business and Other:$66.3 B
TOTAL:$277.1 B

*(I included the increase in license fees under Ad Valorum and Business taxes, for the most part. I truthfully had no idea where they really belonged.)

This is roughly a 35 billion increase in projected revenue from the last time Badger came up with numbers. Most of this increase comes from the Ad Valorum taxes, specifically, the incredible increase in cigarette taxes. It makes sense, of course, since those taxes do raise quite a bit of revenue! But it's possible in the long term you will reduce your revenue pool from cigarettes with that hefty additional tax because less and less people will continue smoking in the Mideast.

But that's a long term problem you probably don't need to worry about right away. A decent chunk of money, also, was raised from your changes in business income taxes.

The total of your budget is $310 billion, give or take. (Remember, tax cuts are just as much of a drag on the deficit as spending is!) Considering this, you're about $33 billion short. That's not an insurmountable number by any means. I would suggest an additional regional tax on marijuana (lol, as long as you keep it legal, anyway) and would strongly advise a bump in the taxes on gasoline by a handful of cents (it really wouldn't hurt, I promise) as well as a .25% increase in the $100,001 - $180,000 and $180,001 - $300,000 income tax brackets.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 04:31:12 PM »

The Mideast has social insurance taxes?

Truthfully I took Badger's analysis and gave it the benefit of the doubt and then just built upon it. I just mirrored them to RL taxes in that respect and kept them that way since they weren't mentioned in your budget.

You could use the help, though. I wouldn't start getting picky. Tongue

As for the budget more broadly, I'll have an update on those amended numbers for you soon enough.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies