Irish general election: 25 February 2011 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:24:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Irish general election: 25 February 2011 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Irish general election: 25 February 2011  (Read 82625 times)
Jens
Angola

« on: December 16, 2010, 04:28:17 PM »

A couple of questions:

First: Is it possible to estimate the distribution of TD's? I know that SF will not get 15 % of the TD's, but I wonder what percentage FF will get, given their presence all over the country

Second: Any chance the Greens will survive. It's any of their politicians popular enougth to carry a mandate?
Jens
Angola

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 12:14:14 PM »

First: Is it possible to estimate the distribution of TD's? I know that SF will not get 15 % of the TD's, but I wonder what percentage FF will get, given their presence all over the country

One or two blogs have now taken to making seat projections based on each new poll. I'd advise taking plenty of salt with you on considering such projections, obviously, but they provide not completely unreasonable efforts at guessing the sorts of net results that might emerge.

Second: Any chance the Greens will survive. It's any of their politicians popular enougth to carry a mandate?

Yeah, there's a chance. Trevor Sargent (Dublin N) is presumably best placed to be returned, but it's an uphill battle.

Whether or not the party will survive if they don't get anyone elected? I suspect it will, in some form or other, keep going - but who knows.
Thanks / I do realise that mandates can only be an estimate because of the electoral system. I'm somewhat sure that the Greens will survive as a party - It was more the Dail, I was thinking of. It looks like they are going to have a interesting election night.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies