Doctor Who Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:22:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Doctor Who Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Doctor Who Thread  (Read 32424 times)
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« on: November 24, 2010, 09:18:01 PM »

I grew up watching the original Doctor Who on Maryland Public Television.

I've really enjoyed the new series, except for the last season. I can't stand Matt Smith.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 07:32:44 AM »

Yeah, the one good thing about the new season (I can't stand Matt Smith).
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 09:57:42 AM »

You have really weird opinions.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 11:00:27 AM »

Giving Fear Her a better rating than anything else, since it's pretty much universally considered the worst episode of the new series, for example.

School Reunion is also one of my favorite episodes. Mostly for Sarah Jane, because Elisabeth Sladen is really a much better actress than you would expect from the classic series, but I really thought Tony Head did a good job of being the stereotypically-polite-but-menacing Doctor Who villain.

I also thought The Girl in the Fireplace was generally considered one of the best episodes of the new series. I haven't rewatched it since I first saw it three or four years ago, so I'm not sure how it holds up.

I mean, are you going to give Blink a 2 as well?
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 09:58:33 AM »

So, to those who watched the newest episode, one question to pose -

Who's kid is that?

Amy was talking about thinking she was pregnant and was worried what traveling in the TARDIS would do to a fetus. Then the Doctor scanned Amy and it turns out she *is* pregnant. Then we see a mysterious child who can regenerate. This is either blatant foreshadowing or a blatant misdirection.

Season 6 is already better than season 5. I don't hate Matt Smith so much, and I really think River Song needs her own spinoff series.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 11:54:48 AM »

Who's kid is that?

Amy was talking about thinking she was pregnant and was worried what traveling in the TARDIS would do to a fetus. Then the Doctor scanned Amy and it turns out she *is* pregnant. Then we see a mysterious child who can regenerate. This is either blatant foreshadowing or a blatant misdirection.

Season 6 is already better than season 5. I don't hate Matt Smith so much, and I really think River Song needs her own spinoff series.

Don't you mean is/is not pregnant? Tongue

She said she wasn't but she thought she was at one point.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 06:24:30 PM »

Who's kid is that?

Don't you mean is/is not pregnant? Tongue

She said she wasn't but she thought she was at one point.

Oh, I was referring to the scanner saying positive and negative at the same time.

I didn't see that, I just saw it say positive.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 08:29:42 PM »

Yeah, people are calling it: she'll probably be the next companion.

Otherwise, that last episode was awful. Made no sense and was just a mish-mash of bad ideas.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 09:19:46 AM »

You in the UK are an episode ahead of us Americans. I was referring to the second part of the acid factory/living flesh people thing.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 09:16:58 AM »

Let's Kill Hitler was okay, but the episode after it was crap (which, since it was written by Mark Gatiss, is no surprise).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies