Pennsylvania 2012: Casey's Challenge (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:00:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Pennsylvania 2012: Casey's Challenge (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pennsylvania 2012: Casey's Challenge  (Read 53529 times)
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« on: November 30, 2010, 07:10:28 PM »

The Year of the Pennsylvania Republican could be 2012.

That year was 2010.  Obama would have to lose Pennsylvania for Casey to come anywhere close to losing and that just isnt possible in a Presidential year with the Philly Dem machine turning out 600,000 votes for Democrats.  
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 07:41:28 PM »

That year was 2010.  Obama would have to lose Pennsylvania for Casey to come anywhere close to losing and that just isnt possible in a Presidential year with the Philly Dem machine turning out 600,000 votes for Democrats.  

Yeah, Obama couldn't possibly get more unpopular to offset Democratic turnout and the Dems will always have insane turnout.  Roll Eyes

Obama wont get unpopular enough to lose Pennsylvania.  Not happening. 
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 08:23:54 PM »

I'd say right now, there is a 50% chance for 2012 to be a worse year for the democrats than 2010 was.

Why would you say that?
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 01:36:44 AM »

Yeah, Obama couldn't possibly get more unpopular to offset Democratic turnout and the Dems will always have insane turnout.  Roll Eyes

Obama wont get unpopular enough to lose Pennsylvania.  Not happening. 

He's sitting at a 40% approval rating in Pennsylvania and you really want to be cocky about this? I remember some other cocky, Dem favored predictions from you about two years ago, too...

I made had no illusions about how bad this year would be for Democrats after Obama won. 
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 01:35:20 PM »

If I were Democrats and Casey, I would be waiting until 2018 to run for governor, when I would be highly likely to win given the eight year cycle.  This would allow Democrats to break apart the GOP gerrymander in the state.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies