Pennsylvania 2012: Casey's Challenge (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:54:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Pennsylvania 2012: Casey's Challenge (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pennsylvania 2012: Casey's Challenge  (Read 53714 times)
MD
Rookie
« on: July 30, 2012, 07:06:13 PM »

Today, Corbett looks like he is vulnerable.   It might be the right time for him to strike in 14.  However, Meehan makes for a strong candidate for that seat especially if Obama is re-elected.  If an off-year, he could win it quite easily.   2014 already looks like a tough cycle for the D's in the Senate.  As many as a dozen could have competitive races while the R seats all look safe.  Some of that is a function of how well the D's did in 08.  So Casey leaving could put them in peril.    We'll see.
MD
Rookie
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 10:27:03 AM »

Phil - I was assuming a Casey win against Corbett in 14.   Then you would have either Meehan or Gerlach run in the 15 special against who knows?   Maybe Sestak again.  I think Meehan makes a better candidate than Gerlach.  I should have made my point a bit more clear.  Sorry.   14 could be an ugly cycle for D Senators.  A dozen races on that side will be competitive to one degree or another.   Pretty much zero on the R side (that will change in 16).   Anyway, Casey winning the gov race could prove disasterous to the D's in the Senate. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies