2011 Governor's Races in LA, MS, and KY (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:06:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2011 Governor's Races in LA, MS, and KY (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which of the following states will have a Republican Governor-elect by early November 2011?
Louisiana

Mississippi

Kentucky

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 75

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: 2011 Governor's Races in LA, MS, and KY  (Read 22484 times)
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« on: November 25, 2010, 04:41:15 PM »

He always gets talked up but never runs for anything. Not that it matters, I doubt Jesus could win in Mississippi nowadays if he had a (D) after his name.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 07:19:35 PM »

Does anyone know if Attorneys General Buddy Caldwell (D -LA) and Jim Hood (D- MS) are running (or planning to) for the top office in their respective states?  How strong would they be as candidates?  And is it true that Caldwell is planning on switching parties? 

I don't think there's been any indication that either are interested in running for Governor. Democrats are stuck with the dregs in both states.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 04:30:59 PM »

Caroline Fayard (the woman who lost Lt. Gov. to Dardenne last year) is the only potential candidate I've heard of.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 07:49:28 AM »

On a related note, what's the current LA law on how the election works? Are they still using a jungle primary where you can win it all in October if you have a majority?

Yes, that's never been changed for state elections, and federal elections are going back to that next year.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 08:42:32 PM »

Fayard is running for Secretary of State so Democrats are still stuck without a candidate.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 09:37:42 AM »

LA: odds by my estimation are around 60% and increasing that Jindal will be unopposed. The far-right lunatic Northcutt has dropped out so Jindal is the only candidate running. Blanco has $2 million in the kitty but she's not that stupid. Georges is probably not running for governor. This frees Jindal up to help out those downticket, especially washing away the obstructionists in the Legislature so he can get on with his legislative agenda.

There have been so many party switchers in Louisiana I doubt anyone is left to "obstruct" Jindal's agenda.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 11:37:37 AM »

Louisiana will likely be Jindal vs. a sacrificial lamb. Mississippi is likely R (only not safe because I see a bit of potential in Gene Taylor), West Virginia will easily vote for Tomblin, and Kentucky is lean to likely D.

Gene Taylor is not running, the Democrats just have some third-tier candidates running.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 01:29:35 PM »

There will probably be *somebody* on the ballot, but whether they do any better than any of the competitors from '07 is questionable.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies