A Second Chance - CONCLUSION
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:24:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  A Second Chance - CONCLUSION
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 47
Poll
Question: Should I go on?
Yes

I don't care

No

Hell No!

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 105

Author Topic: A Second Chance - CONCLUSION  (Read 289024 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: January 22, 2011, 02:38:50 PM »
« edited: January 22, 2011, 03:30:22 PM by Cathcon »

Woodward received the call from a staffer at the Washington Post saying that the President has been shot. At the moment he was picking through income and tax records that he had become interested in because of strange anomolies and inaccurate numbers. However, the shooting took precedence over the situation. Being in Maryland looking up information from the President's past, Woodward was ordered to go to the scene, which was only a few miles away.
-Fall from Grace, Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein, (c) 1976

Those few days as acting President were for George a great preview of things to come. However, as when Ike suffered a heart attack, he had to act just as carefully as Nixon. With Dick as a civilian consultant, he advised George how to take control without taking the reigns of power. Among those things that he did was to take charge of cabinet meetings, but not to sit in the President's chair. Other things included visitng the hospital where Spiro was staying, and staying in constant contact with members of the cabinet. He also had the Press Secretary and the Whitehouse Communications Director keep the media constantly informed on what was going on with him and Agnew. It was a careful rope to walk, but George walked it nonetheless.
-What the Man was Mader of, James Baker, (c) 1999

When I heard that Agnew had been shot, I was horrified. Both Nixon and Jack had been shot at multiple times during their respective Presidencies, and I was thinking 'Is this going to be the one?'. However, it was not 'the one'. That, would happen to a much better man than Agnew.
-in My Defense, Robert F Kennedy, (c) 1984

As I stepped up to the podium on that fateful Fourth of July, I had no idea, as no-one really does, that in only a few minutes, bullets would bite into my leg, my arm, and my shoulder, and that I would face a bout with death. As I began to speak, there was something reflecting the sun down to the left in the crowd. I turned away from it in order to avoid being blinded by the light. Only a few moments later, I heard the sound and I was on my back with inexplicable pains in my left arm, my left shoulder, and my right leg, and someone had yelled 'A Penny for you thoughts!'. Luckily, two days later, things seemed fine and two weeks later I was out of the hospital.
-Not a Crook, Spiro T Agnew, (c) 1979
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #326 on: January 22, 2011, 06:45:06 PM »

July 19th, 1973
Agnew Out of Hospital!
After near fatal bullet wounds inflicted over two weeks ago, President Agnew is fully recovered and is out of the hospital. His approvals stand at nearly 70% and one wonders what he'll do with his political capital. Some suggest a major domestic or foreign policy push. Nonetheless, for the moment the President is popular. He has thanked Vice-President Bush for his two weeks as acting President and the good job he did holding the government together.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #327 on: January 22, 2011, 07:02:15 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2011, 07:08:55 PM by Cathcon »

After the incident with Bremer, with approval ratings at around seventy percent, I knew I had to do something big. With gas prices rising, I announced plans for a new pipeline in Alaska as well as the construction of three nuclear power plants to help power populous areas of the United States.

Aside from that, I worked on handling inflation, I created the Whip Inflation Now, or WIN program. It encouraged personal fiscal responsibility as well as auditting certain government agencies for waste. One thing I regret doing is raising taxes. However, with the deficit still bein gterribly large, I had to handle inflation which was the most pressing economic concern of the time. Another way I helped to handle inflation was the finalization of getting the United States off the Gold Standard. The idea was brought to me by Senator John Connally, who reasoned that by doing so, the dollar would be free from the fluctuations of the market and from the hands of gold traders. That was accomplished in January of 1974.

However, I still felt I needed something big to make my Presidency stand out and to capitalize on my popularity. Only seven months in and I was worried about legacy. Finally, on September third of 1973, I had Senator Mark Hatfield of Oregon propose the Complete Coverage Act, which was a deficit neutral program that would provide health coverage for every America. However, Congress rejected it, as they tend to reject grander ideas and I was left with an alienated party base.

After having taken political fall-out for the CCA, I was looking to recover and pull the base together. In meetings with California Senator Ronald Reagan and Defense Secretary Barry Goldwater, an idea emerged.
     Called the Strategic Defense Initiative, the idea was to send missile technology into space in order to be able to shoot down any Soviet attempt to bomb the United States. Proposed in Congress in November, the funding for research proved easy to obtain. However, by the time that plans were coming forth and I was ready to begin asking Congress for more funds, a much more trivial and what I thought was unimportant matter took center stage.

Two journalists, most likely working for the Democrats or some Liberal group began to report that I had been party to dishonest dealings as Governor and even as President, and that the American Economic Stimulus Act had been a dishonest give-away to companies who were bribing me. It was a ridiculous accusation, however, the Democrats in Congress, led by the Kennedy brother who had come to be stumbling blocks in everything I attempted, led the charge against me. That began in December. However, as of then, I was still popular. It wouldn't be until the next year that the American people would turn on me.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #328 on: January 22, 2011, 07:05:29 PM »

Comments, Question, Critiques, Complaints, Compliments?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #329 on: January 22, 2011, 08:09:36 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2011, 08:11:40 PM by Cathcon »

By 1973, we were out of songs and completely dry of creativity. Jim's death in January has crippled us as a band. The precious diamond that Jim, Robby, John, and I had made was gone, and with it our power. I'm actually glad Jim never had to see the years after January of 1973. He never had to go through what the rest of America went through, those horrendous years. The only Presidents we had were fascist after fascist until the 1984 election, but that's a different story. I had hoped that Jim, if he lived to 1980, would run for President. He'd certainly make a better one than the man that was actually elected.
-Light My Fire, Ray Manzarek, (c) 1999

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #330 on: January 22, 2011, 08:38:43 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2011, 10:12:50 PM by Cathcon »

Chapter One
By 1973, the youth of America had developed a sense of dread and a fear of death. The deaths of Bob Dylan, Janis Joplin, and Jimmy Page had taken a toll on them and had given us all a sense of mortality. One time, when Jim, I, and the rest of the Doors were at a party, it was announced that Jim Morrison had careened off the side of the road in his car and had died. Therefore, when I first heard that Jim was dead, found lying next to an empty heroin needle in his Los Angeles apartment, I didn't believe it. It was only until I got over there that I saw his body being taken away outside the building. It was unbelievable and still is.
-Light My Fire, Ray Manzarek, (c) 1999

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #331 on: January 22, 2011, 10:12:02 PM »

If there are any groups any of you'd like an update on, post here or PM me.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #332 on: January 23, 2011, 09:55:15 AM »

I really like the way you write this TL now ^^. thanks, update soon =)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #333 on: January 23, 2011, 10:40:01 AM »

I really like the way you write this TL now ^^. thanks, update soon =)

Thanks. If you don't mind my asking, what part of the format do you like?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #334 on: January 23, 2011, 11:13:04 AM »
« Edited: January 23, 2011, 12:23:19 PM by President Jim Morrison »

January 19th, 1974
At a press conference, reporters are waiting to talk to President Spiro Agnew. He has announced the Press Conference in order to discuss plans for the development of the Strategic Defense Initiative. However, the issue that has come to dominate the media talk is that of reports by Washington Post reporters Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein that Agnew has accepted bribes as Governor and President and is guilty of tax evasion.
   Whitehouse Communications Director Pat Buchanan steps out, because of the absence of the Press Secretary.
    Buchanan: The President will be out in a few minutes.

As the President steps out, the room erupts with questioning.
    Agnew: This press conference has been declared so as to inform you that the Strategic Defense Initiative will move forward with blueprints and further research, should it pass Congress.
    Reporter1: Mr. President!
    Agnew: Yes?
    Reporter1: How do you respond to accusations that as both Presidenat and Governor, you accepted bribes?
    Agnew: As I have said before, that is ridiculous and I deny such claims. Reporter over there.
    Reporter2: Mr. President, while the facts are not yet fully revealed, it looks as if companies that you have received campaign donations and funding from were the ones who received the most in cash from the AESA. How do you respond?
    Agnew: This is about the Strategic Defense Initiative! Not about this cooked up far left scheme of yours! Are there any reporters in the room who would like to ask a question regarding the SDI?
(One reporter raises his hand)
    Agnew: Yes?
    Reporter3: Mr. Agnew, is the Strategic Defense Intiative also a product of a bribe?
    Agnew: That's it! This is ridiculous! All of you are ann effete corps of impudent snobs who characterize yourselves as intellectuals!

Agnew storms off walks off stage to the sound of several camera clicks and the shouting of questions. Backstage, he consults Pat Buchanan.
    Agnew: Those motherfuckers! I cut their taxes, I cut their deficit, I work to defend this country! Goddammit!
    Buchanan: Look, Spiro. We're going to get through this.
    Agnew: We had better.

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #335 on: January 23, 2011, 11:30:50 AM »

February 2nd, 1974
In the wake of scandal thqat follows the President wherever he goes, he has declared uni-lateral War on Drugs, citing the deaths of famous musicians such as Jim Morrison, Jimmy Page, and Janis Joplin as his reason. To head the President's Comission on Drug Abuse, he has picked former President Nixon who believes as the President does that drug abuse is helping to foster anti-American sentiments among the population's youth, and that drugs are a major cause of death among the youth population.
     Meanwhiel, what has been labeled the the "Tax & Bribe" scandal is heating up with continued revelations about the President's income and spending as Governor of Maryland, his stock portfolio, and a number of gifts he has received from coompanies who were given money through the American Economic Stimulus Act. On a court order, several files have been released from the Watergate complex, holding valuable information as to the President's corporate friends and inner circle. Senator Ted Kennedy (D-MA) is calling for a full out Congressional Investigation.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #336 on: January 23, 2011, 02:27:31 PM »

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #337 on: January 23, 2011, 03:31:13 PM »

By March, it seemed that America itself had turned on me. As I attempted to get more Strategic Defense Intiative funding through, the two Kennedy brothers would continually pop up, continually calling for articles of impeachment to be brought against me.

In April, they were, and the investigations began. They were truly a sham if I do say so myself. Led by the Liberal Eugene McCarthy, they continually used Congress and the trials to play politics. In my opinion, there had never been such horrible sham trials since the days of the House UnAmerican Activities Committee, and even those weren't bad enough. For evidence, they brought in two crack pot, drug abusing reporters from the Washington Post, known for its Liberal bias. It sems funny that when people say the word "McCarthyism" today, they don't even mention the dirty tricks and dishonesty that Eugene McCarthy is guilty of. They only think of Joe McCarthy.

I attempted to ignore their attempts to play politics with the legal system by focusing on policy. By that point, my main two focuses were the War on Drugs, and funding for the Strategic Defense Initiative. Of course, as always, there was Liberal uproar over both things. Even members of my own cabinet, such as Secretary of Defense Barry Goldwater, went against me on the War on Drugs. Meanwhile, Vice-President Bush seemed to be focused on advancing his own political career. He said that I might have to resign should things get worse. He was only thinking of himself at the time, or course.

Around that time, Congressman Donald Rumseld brought up a proposition to end the draft, saying that after Vietnam, we shouldn't need it. I was personally taken aback. While I was being personally attacked by the Democrats, other Republicans wanted to push their own agenda. I was left with few friends during the final days. Finally, on May second,1974, I did end the draft, if only to keep the bastard Rumsfeld from hounding me. He too was another man looking only to advance his political career.

Generally, Whitehouse Chief of Staff Alexander Haig is credited with running the Whitehouse while the trials took place. However, he was himself one of those trying to boot me out, saying that it was for the good of the party. I realized that nowhere was safe by that point and I can tell you that Haig even threatened a military coup if I did not resign.

From the beginning of 1974, I had been hounded and haunted by the media, Congress, and the public in general. I could not believe it that less than twelve months ago I had been exteremly popular and looked at as a good President. I knew the end was near.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #338 on: January 23, 2011, 04:41:42 PM »

By mid-1974, the relationship between President and Vice-President had ended. George had been completely cut off from the President whiel Agnew charted his own crazed course out into the unknown. We knew he would be impeached or forced to resign. It was only a matter of time. During his tenure as Vice-President and later President, George and I still stayed in touch, him as Vice-President and me as a Senator. He spoke to me often of what was going on and we both agreed that AGnew would have to leave somehow for the good of the nation. From a national security stand point, this was ruining our nation's image, our credibility, and we looked incredibly weak. Meanwhile, the economy continued along its erratic course and Agnew's approvals were at 32% by June.
-What the Man was Made of, James Baker, (c) 1999
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #339 on: January 23, 2011, 05:44:27 PM »

June 17th, 1974
In the Oval Office, President Agnew is conversing with those few who he still trusts. They are former President Nixon who is heading Agnew's special comission on drug abuse and trafficking, Secretary of State Nelson Rockefeller, and Assistant Secretary of State Henry Kissinger.
    Agnew:...Now don't you start too, Dick!
    Nixon: Look, Spiro. Your approvals are sitting at 36%. 60% of the public believes that you're guilty. It's only a matter of time. Now, you can go gracefully, and have George pardon you, or you can be known as the man who single-handedly destroyed the Republican Party.
    Agnew: This is ridiculous! I'm the goddamn President of the United States! Congress can't treat me like this! I was elected!
    Rockefeller: Spiro, please. Dick has told you it. George has told you it. Haig has told you it. Barry's told you it. Multiple Senators including Reagan and Baker have told you. It's time to let go.
    Kissinger: Mr. President. My staff and I have come to the conclusion that you need to step down. For the good of the party and for the good of the country.

Agnew looks around the room at the three faces before putting his head on his desk.
    Agnew:...Alright. I've had enough.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #340 on: January 23, 2011, 06:14:48 PM »

It would have been cool to see him go on longer than Nixon did, but ehhhh...
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #341 on: January 23, 2011, 06:49:45 PM »

It would have been cool to see him go on longer than Nixon did, but ehhhh...

Don't worry, he's done his damage. Wink
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #342 on: January 23, 2011, 07:08:34 PM »

June 19th, 1974
I regret to inform the people of this great nation that I will be resigning the office of President of the United States. I would have liked to have been your President longer, for a full term or even for two terms, however it seems that fate has dictated otherwise. Vice-President Bush will be taking the Oath of Office shortly and he will become you 38th President. I hoped all the best for him and that he can function more than I was able to in the office.

Former President Agnew at his farewell address earlier today
George Bush-our new President
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #343 on: January 23, 2011, 07:13:23 PM »
« Edited: March 06, 2011, 06:26:52 PM by Cathcon »

List of Presidents of the United States of America
35. Richard M Nixon (R-CA)/Henry Cabot Lodge Jr. (R-MA); 1961-1965
36. John F Kennedy (D-MA)/Terry Sanford (D-NC); 1965-1973
37. Spiro T Agnew (R-MD)/George Bush (R-TX); 1973-1974
38. George Bush (R-TX)/vacant; 1974-?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #344 on: January 23, 2011, 07:49:17 PM »
« Edited: January 23, 2011, 09:36:31 PM by Cathcon »

George's first act as President was to look for a Vice-President. Because of the 25th Amendment, which was ratified in response to the multiple assassination attempts on Presidents Nixon and Kennedy, George was allowed to pick a Vice-President. Possibilites included California Senator Ronald Reagan and Kansas Senator Bob Dole.
    George really wanted to choose someone who would ideologically balance the Whitehouse, but would line up with his views. However, the idea of getting a Conservative approved by Congress after all the Republicans' political capital had been thrown away by Agnew was absurd. The enitre list was:

• Treasury Secretary Gerald R Ford of Michigan
  • Congressman Donald Rumsfeld of Illinois
  • State Secretary Nelson Rockefeller of New York
  • Defense Secretary Barry Goldwater of Arizona
  • Senator Margaret Chase Smith of Maine
  • Senator Ronald Reagan of California
  • Former Senator Edward Brooke of Massachusetts
  • Senator Mark Hatfield of Oregon
  • Senator Paul Laxalt of Nevada
  • Attorney General John Ashbrook of Ohio
  • Senator Jacob Javits of New York

George and I, along with Chief of Staff Alexander Haig, Communications Director Pat Buchanan, and Army Secretary John Eisenhower sat in the Oval Office that first night tossing ideas at each other. He and I both would've loved to make history that night by nominating someone like Edward Brooke to the post, however, it would've been far too controversial for the time. Senator Chase Smith was another option, but she had been born in 1888, and she was over eighty. Buchanan was arguing heavily for Reagan, Goldwater, or Laxalt, all of who were friends of his. Rocky, who was not present at the time, recommended George nominate HUD Secretary John Lindsay or Senator Jacob Javits. However, Lindsay hadn't even been on the list.
    We had all agreed that Hatfield, Javits, and some others were too Liberal. However, we seemed unable to agree on who was "too Conservative", with Buchanan arguing that there was no such thing.
    We eventually decided to call it a night. There also came up the issue of cabinet appointments. We decided that if Goldwater were to leave, or be nominated for Vice-President, either then Interior Secretary Tower would get the job, or John Eisenhower himself would. When it came to state, should Rocky be chosen, or decide to leave, then Kissinger would get the job. However, as of that point nothing was permanent, though we all knew that Attorney General John Ashbrook would be leaving soon. While Buchanan and Haig both disagreed, George decided that Edward Brooke would get the slot.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #345 on: January 25, 2011, 03:21:24 PM »

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #346 on: January 25, 2011, 04:04:03 PM »

June 21st, 1974
Bush Announces Cabinet Shuffle! VP is still in Question!
Earlier today, the newly inaugurste President Bush announced a cabinet shuffle. While he wasn't specific with details, he announced that he woudl be choosing former Massachusetts Senator Edward Brooke to replace resigning Attorney General John Ashbrook. The rest of the cabinet positions remain in question, though, it is believed that people such as Ambassador William F Buckley and Defense Secretary Barry Goldwater may be leaving. President Bush has stated that he will reveal the full cabinet within the week and that he intends to have chosen a Vice-President by then, though the process may take longer than liked.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #347 on: January 26, 2011, 08:25:52 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2011, 05:15:37 PM by Cathcon »

June 26th, 1974
President Bush Outlines Cabinet Re-Organization!
Late yesterday, President Bush, having earlier promised a cabinet shuffle to cope with the choosing of a Vice-President, has outlined his plans for the cabinet. It is as of yet unknown if the nominees will pass Congress, though, the President hopes they will. Below, is a list of the cabinet, and the major changes.

Vice-President
Gerald R Ford
US Representative from Michigan's 5th Congressional District 1945-1973
House Minority Leader 1965-1973
United States Secretary of the Treasury 1973-1974
An experienced politician who for the last year and a half has been a voice of fiscal restraint under President Agnew and now President Bush. He has good Congressional relations and commands respect from both sides of the aisle. He is expected, despite the lagging economy, to pass confirmation with ease.

Secretary of the Treasury
John G Tower
Governor of Texas 1967-1973
United States Secretary of the Interior 1973-1974
A good friend of President Bush and a member of a new growing class of Southern Republicans, John Tower for many years was an unsuccessful wannabe politician. However, in 1966 he was elected Governor of Texas and governed as a successful Conservative Republican. Despite losing a Senate race in 1972, he remains an influential figure in Texas.

National Security Adviser
Henry Kissinger
National Security Adviser 1961-1965
Assistant Secretary of State 1973-1974
A long time Harvard professor and a holocaust survivor, Kissinger first gained notoriety in politics as Nixon's National Security Adviser. He was known for both being a hardliner as well as an advocate of detente, thus leading many politicians to naturally distrust him. However, as a friend of Secretary of State Rockefeller, he was recommended for the job. Current National Security Adviser Henry M Jackson is expected to get a special diplomatic appointment.

Secretary of Defense
John Eisenhower
Whitehouse Chief of Staff 1961-1965
Secretary of the Army 1973-1974
Son of former President Dwight D Eisenhower, the appointment of David Eisenhower is seen as merely a shoutout to the former President, as opposed to an appointment based on merit. However, he has worked in the Pentagon, has political and military experience, and has served As Secretary of the Army for the last year and a half.

Attorney General
Edward Brooke
Massachusetts Attorney General 1963-1966
United States Senator from Massachusetts 1967-1973
A member of the Republican Party's Liberal wing, Brooke is the first African American appointee to the post of Attorney General and is expected to be controversial. Many in the Republican Party have protested Brooke's appointment, and even Treasury Secretary-designate Tower has voiced his concerns.

Secretary of the Interior
Robert Finch
Secretary of Health, Education, and Welfare 1961-1965
Governor of California 1967-1971
A doubtless Washington insider with ties to former President Nixon, it seems that all of Bush's appointments, except that of John Tower, are meant to appease moderates. His political career goes back to being an aide to Congressman Norris Poulson, during which he befriended Richard Nixon. He ran Nixon's successful 1960 Presidential campaign, and was given his choice of cabinet post. He, obviously, chose Health, Education, and Welfare. In 1966, with the support of Nixon and the California Republican machine, he ran for the Governorship, and beat the incumbent by slamming him on civil unrest. Ironically, four years later, Charlton Heston beat him with similar rhetoric.

The complete cabinet (should all nominees go through)Sad
Vice-President-Gerald Ford
Secretary of State-Nelson Rockefeller
Secretary of the Treasury-John Tower
Secretary of Defense-John Eisenhower
Attorney General-Edward Brooke
Secretary of the Interior-Robert Finch
Secretary of Agriculture-Anne Armstrong
Secretary of Commerce-George Shultz
Secretary of Labor-David Kennedy
Secretary of Health and Human Services-Elliot Richardson
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development-John Lindsay
Secretary of Transportation-Caspar Weinberger
Secretary of Education-Elizabeth Hanford (soon to be Dole)
Ambassador to the United Nations-William F Buckley
National Security Adviser-Henry Kissinger
Whitehouse Chief of Staff-Alexander Haig
Whitehouse Communications Director-Patrick J Buchanan
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #348 on: January 26, 2011, 08:31:42 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2011, 03:16:17 PM by Cathcon »

July 13th, 1974
Whatever Happened to...
...Barry Goldwater, Scoop Jackson and John Ashbrook? Well, Barry Goldwater, since his departure from the Whitehouse, has accepted a job at the National Review. He is planning on running for Senatr in 1980 when Senator Paul Fannin is planning on retiring. Or, in 1976 he may run for his old Senate seat, depending on what his successor is planning. For John Ashbrook, he seems to be planning a return to his legal work. However, he has mentioned running for Senator, Governor, or maybe even President. Henry M "Scoop" Jackson, since leaving his position as National Security Adviser, has been a special envoy to Palestine and Israel in order to work out problems that have persisted since the 'Munich Massacre'. Despite his working for two Republican Adminsitrations, he is seen as a frontrunner for the 1976 Democratic nomination, though he has also expressed interest in getting back to the Senate. Should Bush win re-election in 1976, Scoop could possibly become President in 1980.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #349 on: January 26, 2011, 08:34:36 PM »

Next up should be one more update on the Bush Presidency, then the 1974 mid-terms.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 47  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies