A Second Chance - CONCLUSION (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:08:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  A Second Chance - CONCLUSION (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should I go on?
Yes

I don't care

No

Hell No!

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 105

Author Topic: A Second Chance - CONCLUSION  (Read 289450 times)
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« on: May 30, 2012, 02:54:36 PM »

Overall, this is an incredible timeline! The only complain that I have is that you should have went over some of the important events in Richard Nixon's term such as the Cuban Missle Crisis and the passing of the Civil rights Act of 1963 in more depth. Other than that, this is an awesome timeline that should continue on!
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 06:56:12 PM »

Overall, this is an incredible timeline! The only complain that I have is that you should have went over some of the important events in Richard Nixon's term such as the Cuban Missle Crisis and the passing of the Civil rights Act of 1963 in more depth. Other than that, this is an awesome timeline that should continue on!

Thanks a lot! When I started this out, it was meant to be from a 1968 POV so that one could get the context of where I was trying to go (anti-war Republican vs. Pro-war Democrat) and thus Nixon's presidency was only referred to in hindsight.

I understand what you mean about the POV of the timeline. I just have one question about the War in Vietnam. Was it originally escalated by President Nixon in 1964 or not until Kennedy took office in 1965?
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 05:59:30 PM »

Very interesting developments in your timeline! It seems that both the Democrats and Republicans are ging to turn out very different that they are today especially regarding foreign policy. BTW, what are Lyndon Johnson (assuming he never had his fatal heart attack in 1973 in this TL) and Richard Lugar up to? Also, was their still an assassination attempt on Martin Luther King Jr. in 1968?, as you mentioned him in your post about JFK pushing through his Great Society programs shortly before the 1970 midterms and your post about the 1984 Democratic candidates.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies