Lawsuit dubya2004 v. Fritz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:03:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Lawsuit dubya2004 v. Fritz
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lawsuit dubya2004 v. Fritz  (Read 1823 times)
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 12, 2004, 05:01:14 PM »

Recently, SOFA Fritz took the Libertarian Party forum link of the Atlas Headquarters Page. What was the reason? The forum had an ad for passion.com on it.

This lawsuit is being filed to force Fritz to put the link back onto the Atlas HQ thread. By not having our forum there, anyone who comes to the HQ thread doesn't know the party exists. The discriminates against me and my party because it hinders our efforts to recruit new members. This is just another example of the big parties trying to crush the smaller parties.

I respectfully ask to Supreme Court to hear my case and rule on it for the good of Atlasia.

Thank-you and may dave bless this forum
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2004, 05:34:57 PM »

Firstly, Dubya2004 registered with the Libertarian Party moments before filing this lawsuit, for the express purpose of having legal standing to do so:

Fritz this is going to far. Any party has the right to post the link to their forum if they wish. You do not have the power and/or authority to restrict them for their ads or activity. Its out of your authority and I ask you to immediately cease and desist this activity or I will go to the Supreme Court.

Take me to court then.

I plan on it.

I sued him. I have legal standing as I am a now a Libertarian party member.

Secondly, I was in contact with the Libertarian Party chairman, Badnarikin04, via private message before I removed the link to his party's site.  This was his response to me:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

This was his comment today:

I actually had no problem allowing the forum to be removed. Nobody was using it anyways.

The ad in question was for Passion.com- "sexy personals for passionate people".  As we have many members in the neighborhood of 13-14 years, I felt this was inappropriate to be linked to from the forum.

Maintaining AF Headquarters is a job I took on after the 9/22 disaster, as StevenNick (who had previously been maintaining Headquarters) did not appear to be taking steps to restore it.  As long as I am maintaining the Headquarters, I am within my rights to determine the criteria for being linked therein.  Furthermore, my criteria are clearly posted, and I do make attempts to make parties involved aware of a problem before removing their link.

If the Court wishes to remove me as administrator of Headquarters, that will require the cooperation of Gustaf, to un-sticky my thread and sticky a different thread in its place.

Thank you, and may Dave bless the forum.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 05:47:37 PM »

I would also like to point out mention is still made of the Libertarian Party in Headquarters.  Therefore, Dubya2004 is incorrect in his assertation that "anyone who comes to the HQ thread doesn't know the party exists."

Fantasy politics are dominated by four major parties: the AFRNC (or Atlas Forum Republican Party), the AFDNC (or Atlas Forum Democratic Party), the UAC (or United Atlas Centrist Party), and the UL (or United Left Party).  In addition, there are a number of smaller parties that play a role in forum politics, including the Libertarian Party, the Constitutional Union Party, and the Farmer Labor Party.  Use the links below to reach each of the parties' websites and forums.

Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2004, 05:57:06 PM »

Can non-involved parties post here?

If not, I'll delete, but I would first like to tell Fritz that I support him here, for the inactivity purposes, but that he should stop patronizing us 13-14 year olds, as he did earlier here.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2004, 06:24:20 PM »

I would also like to point out mention is still made of the Libertarian Party in Headquarters.  Therefore, Dubya2004 is incorrect in his assertation that "anyone who comes to the HQ thread doesn't know the party exists."

Fantasy politics are dominated by four major parties: the AFRNC (or Atlas Forum Republican Party), the AFDNC (or Atlas Forum Democratic Party), the UAC (or United Atlas Centrist Party), and the UL (or United Left Party).  In addition, there are a number of smaller parties that play a role in forum politics, including the Libertarian Party, the Constitutional Union Party, and the Farmer Labor Party.  Use the links below to reach each of the parties' websites and forums.

Doesn't matter. You aren't forced to visit passion.com. The libertarian Party deserves to have its link on the HQ thread. Any organized party has that right.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2004, 06:33:02 PM »

As a former AG, let me say that in my opinion, you still don't have standing, dubya2004.  As far as I know, you have no authority to act on behalf of the Libertarian Party of Atlasia, and unless you can present such authority, you are certainly have no more authority to sue than you did an a Republican.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2004, 06:34:16 PM »

As a former AG, let me say that in my opinion, you still don't have standing, dubya2004.  As far as I know, you have no authority to act on behalf of the Libertarian Party of Atlasia, and unless you can present such authority, you are certainly have no more authority to sue than you did an a Republican.

I am a Libertarian and am appalled that my party isn't recognized for something this subjective.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2004, 07:43:16 AM »

First of all, it is not a stated duty of the SoFA in The Stickies, Posts, and Polls Reduction Act (hereinafter, "the Act") that the SoFA should maintain the Atlas Forum Headquarters thread, therefore Fritz is actually acting in his capacity as a private citizen in maintaining the thread, and because of free speech can put anything in there that he wants.

Second, the title of the present Atlas Forum Headquarters is not the thread title specified in the Act and therefore is not considered to be authorised by the Act, and is therefore nothing to do with the Government, and is therefore something undertaken by a private citizen, and therefore protected by free speech.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2004, 03:43:18 PM »

First of all, it is not a stated duty of the SoFA in The Stickies, Posts, and Polls Reduction Act (hereinafter, "the Act") that the SoFA should maintain the Atlas Forum Headquarters thread, therefore Fritz is actually acting in his capacity as a private citizen in maintaining the thread, and because of free speech can put anything in there that he wants.

Second, the title of the present Atlas Forum Headquarters is not the thread title specified in the Act and therefore is not considered to be authorised by the Act, and is therefore nothing to do with the Government, and is therefore something undertaken by a private citizen, and therefore protected by free speech.

So Fritz can discriminate against my party and not post  a link to my party's forum, but can choose to post his own party's forum?

Anyway, this isn't important until we get KEmperor replaced or healthy again.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2004, 03:47:37 PM »

So Fritz can discriminate against my party and not post  a link to my party's forum, but can choose to post his own party's forum?

Private citizens can discriminate against one another as much as they like, as a supposed libertarian, you should understand that.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2004, 04:33:47 PM »

What?

Are you serious, Pete?

Since, if the thread isn't actually related to the government it shouldn't really be stickied. I thought it was.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2004, 03:13:26 AM »

EXACTLY!

I was about to post something in that vein (but less wordy Wink)

Gus--even though it isn't official, because it is so useful I suggest it stays as a sticky Smiley.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2004, 11:35:24 PM »

I think the Attorney General has provided an adequate response.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2004, 01:42:13 AM »

[smothering nurse]Oi! get back in bed. If I see you gallivanting around Nyman one more time, Mr., i'll give you a heart attack.[/smothering nurse]
qwerty
silentmajority37
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2004, 05:26:31 AM »
« Edited: December 17, 2004, 05:49:27 AM by silentmajority37 »

Just get over it dubya.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies