Welfare Reform Bill
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:57:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Welfare Reform Bill
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Welfare Reform Bill  (Read 5453 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 18, 2004, 04:34:44 AM »

Clause 1.  Atlasians receiving public assistance will be alloted a two year maximum with the following exceptions:

a. Disability
       b. Perpetual care of dependent

Clause 2.  Section 8 housing vouchers

a.  Maximum two years unrestricted with the following exceptions:

i. Disability
            ii.  Over the age of 65
            iii. Veteran

b.  Housing shall be rented at the average market value for rent given a two block radius and the same accomodations.

c.  Anyone convicted of a felony shall be removed from the program

d.  Unannounced inspections can be given by the local authorites at any given time. 

e.  "Three Strikes Clause"

i.  Any minor problems such as noise violations, unkempt property that is the fault of the tenant, or any generally disruptive needing a police prescence shall be given three chances. 

Clause 3.  Any able-bodied Atlasian on public assistance and not currently working shall be required to do 20 hours of community service plus 20 hours of job searching and/or interviews.

I'm open to suggestions.  Let's bring this to a debate.  It's funny Mr. Vice President I should have brought this up earlier.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 12:27:10 PM »

You really start to show signs of autism.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 03:15:39 PM »

You really start to show signs of autism.

Absolutley inappropriate, Senator Bono.
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 03:34:51 PM »

Seems pretty good to me, I might find something later though...

Siege
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2004, 03:35:05 PM »

Thank you again Keystone.  Wow, I wonder what's the deal with some of these people.  I was hoping this would be good bi-partisan legislation.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2004, 04:15:09 PM »

Thank you again Keystone.  Wow, I wonder what's the deal with some of these people.  I was hoping this would be good bi-partisan legislation.

You realize that there IS no legislation until you resolve the Senate Powers portion of the constitution, right?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2004, 02:37:41 AM »

You realize that there IS no legislation until you resolve the Senate Powers portion of the constitution, right?

I just thought this could be up for debate.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2004, 03:02:31 AM »

Once, I was in 7th grade, my Math teacher told me that, because I kept playing with my pen. You are getting more ofended than I was, and on behalf of someone else. You're really just using this to promote your holy wars against me, because someone with independent thinking is a problem to this GOP.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2004, 06:47:58 AM »

I support this bill. Well-written and seems to cover all the bases.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2004, 07:59:16 AM »

AFL-CIO likes the look of this
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2004, 11:04:57 AM »

Citizen Patrick likes this bill.  He had to live with Section 8 people and it was not a pleasant experience.  Problem was that the party in question were feigning disability and were low lifes.  Furthermore, it took my landlord nearly two years to get the party finally evicted.  Please look into solutions for this abuse.  Thank you.

I  humbly request my Senator to have the honorable Gentleman from Philadelphia explain use of the word "unrestricted" in clause 2 section a.  This inclusion is either superfluous or open to abuse on further interpretation.  Thank you for your time Senators.

Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2004, 12:54:31 PM »

Can someone tell me what is the current time limit for being on welfare?

Also, In Clause 2, A III, I support the change of the word veteran for veteran permanently disabled due to military duty.

I also oppose ittem d,  because it is unconstitutional in its current wording, conflicting with Clause 3 of the Civil Liberties Ammendment.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2004, 02:27:52 PM »

Citizen Patrick likes this bill.  He had to live with Section 8 people and it was not a pleasant experience.  Problem was that the party in question were feigning disability and were low lifes.  Furthermore, it took my landlord nearly two years to get the party finally evicted.  Please look into solutions for this abuse.  Thank you.

I  humbly request my Senator to have the honorable Gentleman from Philadelphia explain use of the word "unrestricted" in clause 2 section a.  This inclusion is either superfluous or open to abuse on further interpretation.  Thank you for your time Senators.

Thank you for your concerns.  I too have had to live near Section 8 and that's what inspired me to write this bill.  "Unrestricted" means I'll give two years on the program without taking it away.  Clause 3 also says that while on public assistance, one must help themselves.  I hope that clears this up.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2004, 06:15:34 PM »

Thank you for your concerns.  I too have had to live near Section 8 and that's what inspired me to write this bill.  "Unrestricted" means I'll give two years on the program without taking it away.  Clause 3 also says that while on public assistance, one must help themselves.  I hope that clears this up.

Good job Senator.  I would probably like more restrictions but it is still a good bill overall.  I had to live directly downstairs with Section 8'ers for 10 years in a two family house.  These people were the pits.  Lazy wasters who took advantage of the system by feigning mental illness.  Nothing like having them blare music at all hours of the night when you actually have to go to work. Lowlife white trash.  Sorry for the rant.  As for Bono's concern about visits- hey if you are a living off the government they should be able to check and see if you are not taking advantage of the system.  I support your efforts to reform the system because there is a need to help people as a safety net.  Endemic and generational welfare is what needs to be weeded out.  Thank you for your time.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2004, 07:09:16 PM »

Good job Senator.  I would probably like more restrictions but it is still a good bill overall.  I had to live directly downstairs with Section 8'ers for 10 years in a two family house.  These people were the pits.  Lazy wasters who took advantage of the system by feigning mental illness.  Nothing like having them blare music at all hours of the night when you actually have to go to work. Lowlife white trash.  Sorry for the rant.  As for Bono's concern about visits- hey if you are a living off the government they should be able to check and see if you are not taking advantage of the system.  I support your efforts to reform the system because there is a need to help people as a safety net.  Endemic and generational welfare is what needs to be weeded out.  Thank you for your time.

You're quite welcome.  While we may be of different political parties, we come from almost the same background.  I too support a safety net, but there are some lowlifes that need to be weeded off the system.  Yes, I came in from night shift at 2 a.m. and seen Section 8 tenants blasting their music and smoking weed while I had to go in my house and study for a class the next morning while they slept all day.  You may be scratching your head and saying, why is this guy a Democrat?  I can explain that in a private message if you wish.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2004, 11:49:23 AM »

Can someone tell me what is the current time limit for being on welfare?

Also, In Clause 2, A III, I support the change of the word veteran for veteran permanently disabled due to military duty.

I also oppose ittem d,  because it is unconstitutional in its current wording, conflicting with Clause 3 of the Civil Liberties Ammendment.

Thanks for the attention.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2004, 08:03:54 PM »

Once, I was in 7th grade, my Math teacher told me that, because I kept playing with my pen. You are getting more ofended than I was, and on behalf of someone else. You're really just using this to promote your holy wars against me, because someone with independent thinking is a problem to this GOP.

What are you talking about? I could care less that your an "independent thinking" Republican. I found it innappropriate what you said to the Senator as have others.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2004, 08:05:53 PM »

I urge JFK or KeystonePhil to call this to a vote.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2004, 08:18:06 PM »

I urge JFK or KeystonePhil to call this to a vote.

For this bill, I will leave it up to the PPT to call for a vote. Personally, I don't think there has been enough debate.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2004, 02:23:05 PM »
« Edited: November 25, 2004, 03:07:28 AM by Senator Bono »

I propose two ammendments

First:
Also, In Clause 2, item A  paragraph III, the word veteran shall be replaced by veteran permanently disabled in military duty.

Second:
To strike down item I of clause 2, due to incompatibility with the constitution.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2004, 03:51:33 PM »

First:
In Clause 2, A
Also, In Clause 2, item A  paragraph III, the word veteran shall be replaced by veteran permanently disabled in to military duty.

Second:
To strike down item I of clause 2, due to incompatibility with the constitution.

I concur with that language.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2004, 04:03:58 PM »

What are you talking about? I could care less that your an "independent thinking" Republican. I found it innappropriate what you said to the Senator as have others.

I respectfully ask the Vice-President to refrain from participating in the affairs of the senate unless executing his constitutional duty to break a tie vote or to act as PPT should the real PPT be absent for any reason.
Hermit
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2004, 10:18:18 PM »

I support this bill. Calling other Senators austistic, however, I do not support.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2004, 05:15:38 AM »

I support this bill, it returns welfare to the safety net it was meant to be, rather than the lifestyle it has become.

I hereby open the debate on this bill (as the Statute doesn't recognise it as having been opened)
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2004, 08:42:10 AM »

First:
Also, In Clause 2, item A  paragraph III, the word veteran shall be replaced by veteran permanently disabled in military duty.

Second:

Can you open vote on this 2 ammendments.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies