The Great Primary Calendar re-shuffle Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:53:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Great Primary Calendar re-shuffle Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Great Primary Calendar re-shuffle Megathread  (Read 67383 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« on: September 05, 2011, 05:08:08 PM »

http://frontloading.blogspot.com/2011/09/arizona-presidential-primary-calendar.html

Statutory requirements in Florida require the states to pick a primary date by October 1st; similarly, Arizona's 150 day requirement means that Brewer would also have to make a decision by October 1st. In Georgia, however, Secretary of State Brian Kemp doesn't have to decide on a primary date until December 1st (with the requirement that the primary must be at least 60 days after he announces it). Also note that the new law, unusually for Georgia, has no requirement that the election take place on a Tuesday.

I don't think he'll wait until December to decide, of course, and I doubt he'll use his authority to cut ahead of the first four states. I think its entirely possible though that he'll wait until after October 1st so he can make sure Georgia doesn't go after Florida. My best guess is that he'll end up picking a date somewhere between the day that Florida votes and the Monday/Tuesday after South Carolina votes (SC always has their primaries on a Saturday, right?).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies