MT-PPP: Palin 23% Huckabee 22% Gingrich 16% Romney 12% Paul 9%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:22:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  MT-PPP: Palin 23% Huckabee 22% Gingrich 16% Romney 12% Paul 9%
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: MT-PPP: Palin 23% Huckabee 22% Gingrich 16% Romney 12% Paul 9%  (Read 3431 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 03, 2010, 04:18:55 PM »

PPP poll of Montana:

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_MT_1118.pdf

Sarah Palin 23%
Mike Huckabee 22%
Newt Gingrich 16%
Mitt Romney 12%
Ron Paul 9%
Tim Pawlenty 3%
John Thune 3%
Mitch Daniels 2%

favorable / unfavorable #s among GOP primary voters:

Sarah Palin 76%/18% for +58%.
Mike Huckabee 71%/16% for +55%.
Newt Gingrich 58%/21% for +37%.
Mitt Romney 58%/24% for +34%
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 04:28:49 PM »

There are a lot of Mormons there. Great news for Sarah Palin. Bad news for that liar and hack Mitt Romney.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 04:30:41 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2010, 04:46:52 PM by Jbrase »

Red- Giant Douche; Blue - Huck, Pink - Palin;Light Green - T-Paw; Green - Gingrich
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 04:40:15 PM »

Red- Giant Douche; Blue - Huck, Pink - Palin;Light Green - T-Paw; Green - Gingrich

They actually did a later poll of NC, which had Huckabee leading:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=128750.0
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 04:47:21 PM »

Oh sweet, updated.
Poundingtherock
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 05:13:30 PM »

Stick the fork in Romney.  He won Montana in 2008 easily.  Now he's polling with Ron Paul in a pretty good 545-voter sample. 

"freed the slaves" is crying in his napkin.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 05:27:44 PM »

That's a sh!tty result for Ron Paul.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 05:34:59 PM »

There are a lot of Mormons there. Great news for Sarah Palin. Bad news for that liar and hack Mitt Romney.

Weren't you saying you'd be voting for Romney over Palin, Huckabee and Gingrich?

(and I agree with you this time, of course; just surprised that you've changed so quickly)
Poundingtherock
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 05:43:21 PM »

I think Hamilton was being sarcastic.  Unfortunately, like his governor, he's not very good at being witty.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2010, 05:47:53 PM »

Oh sweet, updated.

Huckabee was also leading in Missouri, I think.  Good map  Smiley
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 05:51:10 PM »

Oh sweet, updated.

Huckabee was also leading in Missouri, I think.  Good map  Smiley

That was for the general election, not the primary. Although you do have a good idea! Let's start a general election map to see which Republican has the highest net-advantage over Obama.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2010, 05:52:31 PM »

I think Hamilton was being sarcastic.  Unfortunately, like his governor, he's not very good at being witty.

I much prefer him to a quitter.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2010, 05:53:50 PM »

Weren't you saying you'd be voting for Romney over Palin, Huckabee and Gingrich?

(and I agree with you this time, of course; just surprised that you've changed so quickly)

That's just Rowan's valentine to the poster who thinks his name is Hamilton.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2010, 05:58:03 PM »

Is Montana going to have a primary or a caucus like in 2008?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2010, 06:02:10 PM »

Is Montana going to have a primary or a caucus like in 2008?

They've decided not to do the caucus this time.  They'll allocate their delegates based on the primary, which won't be held until June, in the last week of primary season:

http://www.ballot-access.org/2010/06/18/montana-republicans-abandon-february-caucus-will-use-june-primary/
Whacker77

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2010, 06:23:14 PM »

Is it possible that Romney might not run?  The polling consensus of the polling data suggests to me he might not.  He struggles nationally and doesn't seem to have a lead in states other than Mass.  Having said that, I suspect Mitt runs, but if he doesn't, does that leave the door open for Jeb?  Does that increase Palin's chances?  Does Pence or Thune benefit?  If Huck and Mitt hypothetically pass on the race, could you imagine a Sarah vs. Newt race?  Barf!  That's where Pence and Thune could make huge strides.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2010, 06:34:25 PM »

He's led 3 of the last 5 national polls (not counting the ever-unreliable Zogby Interactive), albeit not by very much.  Even in the polls where he's not leading, he's been within four points of the lead in every single national poll taken in the last ten months.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

He's led in the most recent polls in CA, FL, MI, NV, and others.  And oh yeah, he leads NH by more than 20 points.  Clearly, he must be doomed.
Poundingtherock
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2010, 06:44:07 PM »

What 3 polls?  He led in Marist and Rasmussen.  rasmussen had his difficulties in the midterms and Marist polled around 330 people and somehow found Rick Perry polling higher than Tim Pawlenty.  What's the third poll that shows Romney in the lead?

That Michigan poll that he led in is from several months ago.  I'm pretty sure he's still in the lead and if he's not, well, he might as well concede right now.

Whacker isn't a very intelligent guy.  However, even he sees what everyone sees and that is Romney is fading pretty much everywhere.

Whacker77

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2010, 07:28:39 PM »

He's led 3 of the last 5 national polls (not counting the ever-unreliable Zogby Interactive), albeit not by very much.  Even in the polls where he's not leading, he's been within four points of the lead in every single national poll taken in the last ten months.

He's led in the most recent polls in CA, FL, MI, NV, and others.  And oh yeah, he leads NH by more than 20 points.  Clearly, he must be doomed.

Given his business experience and, more importantly, his current adversaries, he's struggling.  To be tied, trailing, or barely leading a half term governor, an ethical cloud, and a Baptist minister is the definition of struggling.  That's my view.
Whacker77

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2010, 07:35:48 PM »

What 3 polls?  He led in Marist and Rasmussen.  rasmussen had his difficulties in the midterms and Marist polled around 330 people and somehow found Rick Perry polling higher than Tim Pawlenty.  What's the third poll that shows Romney in the lead?

That Michigan poll that he led in is from several months ago.  I'm pretty sure he's still in the lead and if he's not, well, he might as well concede right now.

Whacker isn't a very intelligent guy.  However, even he sees what everyone sees and that is Romney is fading pretty much everywhere.

You are the most insufferable, conceited person I have come across on this board.  What, no quip about not demonstrating independent thought?  That's your tired critique of people who don't share your reasoned line of thinking.  Do me a favor, put me on ignore so you won't see what I have written and I won't have to read your smarmy responses.  Go back to watching Sarah Palin's Alaska.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2010, 07:45:23 PM »

Given his business experience and, more importantly, his current adversaries, he's struggling.  To be tied, trailing, or barely leading a half term governor, an ethical cloud, and a Baptist minister is the definition of struggling.  That's my view.

Business experience is almost completely irrelevant to success in high office. Experience in elected office, cabinet posts, and high-ranking military service is far more relevant to the Presidency.

Politicians of all kinds are now held in low esteem. Obama is more popular than either branch of Congress and both Parties in Congress, suggesting that he is doing relatively better than about anyone on the national scale. .

California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2010, 07:45:50 PM »

Is it possible that Romney might not run?  The polling consensus of the polling data suggests to me he might not.  He struggles nationally and doesn't seem to have a lead in states other than Mass.  Having said that, I suspect Mitt runs, but if he doesn't, does that leave the door open for Jeb?  Does that increase Palin's chances?  Does Pence or Thune benefit?  If Huck and Mitt hypothetically pass on the race, could you imagine a Sarah vs. Newt race?  Barf!  That's where Pence and Thune could make huge strides.

No. There is no reason for him not to unless he's having an affair as we speak. He has already built his team, strategy, and money. Polls mean nothing, we all know that, especially this far out. YOu'd be a complete idiot to decide a run based on some state wide polling in caucus states none the less 2 years out for the primaries. It is impossible that he doesn't run.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2010, 07:50:43 PM »

Hate to break it to you but Palin was also a Vice-Presidential candidate and Huckabee a 10-year governor.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2010, 08:13:23 PM »

He's led 3 of the last 5 national polls (not counting the ever-unreliable Zogby Interactive), albeit not by very much.  Even in the polls where he's not leading, he's been within four points of the lead in every single national poll taken in the last ten months.

He's led in the most recent polls in CA, FL, MI, NV, and others.  And oh yeah, he leads NH by more than 20 points.  Clearly, he must be doomed.

Given his business experience and, more importantly, his current adversaries, he's struggling.  To be tied, trailing, or barely leading a half term governor, an ethical cloud, and a Baptist minister is the definition of struggling.  That's my view.

OK, though I'm still confused on how you got "doesn't seem to have a lead in states other than Mass."

What 3 polls?  He led in Marist and Rasmussen.  rasmussen had his difficulties in the midterms and Marist polled around 330 people and somehow found Rick Perry polling higher than Tim Pawlenty.  What's the third poll that shows Romney in the lead?

That Michigan poll that he led in is from several months ago.  I'm pretty sure he's still in the lead and if he's not, well, he might as well concede right now.

Whacker isn't a very intelligent guy.  However, even he sees what everyone sees and that is Romney is fading pretty much everywhere.

You are the most insufferable, conceited person I have come across on this board.  What, no quip about not demonstrating independent thought?  That's your tired critique of people who don't share your reasoned line of thinking.  Do me a favor, put me on ignore so you won't see what I have written and I won't have to read your smarmy responses.  Go back to watching Sarah Palin's Alaska.

Just put *him* on ignore.  It's mostly worked for me, except it's only a partial fix, as other posters keep quoting his posts, so I still end up reading some of them.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2010, 02:07:27 PM »

How have you not been banned yet?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies