Political Opinions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:47:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Political Opinions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Political Opinions  (Read 5998 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: December 10, 2010, 01:58:11 AM »

1. Should the government should prohibit gun ownership by private citizens?

don't care beyond my visceral dislike for gun rights activists

2. Should Marijuana should be legalized?

yes

3. Should the death penalty be abolition?

yes

4. Should the government control, regulate, and ban video games, including banning video game sales to teens?

banning outright is probably not possible otherwise don't care

5. Should we pull our troops out of Afghanistan?

yes

6. Should abortion be legal or illegal?

regulated as any other medical procedure

7. Should stem cell research be legal?

.. boring me here

8. Should criminals who sexually assault and/or rape children under the age of 13 be killed, castrated, chemically castrated, or simply imprisoned and registered as a sex offender?

if those are all my options I'll go with the last

9. Should the police get money directly from tickets or should ticket money be put in with other government spending?

switch to Mexican system of directly bribing individual police officers

10. Should the police have a monthly/weekly quota of tickets that they must meet?

11. Should we stop Iran's nuclear weapons program?

no

12. Should we liberate North Korea and install a peaceful democratic government?

not going to happen. though certainly much preferable to having invaded Kosovo, Afghanistan, Iraq, but also less profitable which is why it isn't going to happen.

13. Should the government give money to failing businesses in order to keep them from going bankrupt?

in a certain sense. and not 'give money' - I'd support projects like the Community Steel ideas in Ohio back 30 years ago, with some form of democratic workers control over production and public ownership. obviously this has nothing to do with the 08 bailout which is likely the inspiration for your question here.

14. Should the government control the economy (command economy), should the government never intervene in the economy (laissez-faire), or should the government intervene in the economy only when it is necessary (mixed economy)?

the people who work should 'control' the economy.

15. Should lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered individuals be given equal rights as straight individuals?

16. Should we pull our forces out of Iraq?

yes, but as with Afghan. this is too easy and doesn't address the real problem.

17. Should gay marriage be legalized?

don't care

18. Should we recognize the independent nation of Kosovo?

don't care

19. Should we recognize the independent nation of Azerbaijan?

20. Should we recognize the independent nation of Jonathanland?

21. Should we recognize the independent nation of South Ossetia?

22. Should Puerto Rico become a US state, become and independent country, or remain a US territory?

23. Should Guam become a US state, become and independent country, or remain a US territory?

24. Should American Samoa become a US state, become and independent country, or remain a US territory?

25. Should the US Virgin Islands become a US state, become and independent country, or remain a US territory?

26. Should the US Minor Outlying Islands become US states, become and independent countries, or remain US territories?

still don't care

27. Should we make Iraq a US state?

still really don't but starting to

28. Should we make Afghanistan a US state?

29. Do you think WikiLeaks should get shutdown?

30. Should the government minimize it's military spending?

it would be pretty, but before any of this the general public will have to be made aware through one means or another what military spending actually is code for.

31. Should the government make stronger efforts to stop illegal immigration, especially from Mexico?

no
32. Should citizens of the District of Columbia be granted full voting rights?

33. Should New York City become it's own state, an independent country, or remain part of New York?

nah

34. Should the United States create a North American Union with Canada? If so should we allow Mexico to join?

we have an investors' union called NAFTA and that's what counts

35. Should the government censor books, movies, and other entertainment mediums?

36. Should it be made illegal to deny that the Holocaust happened or to claim that the government is responsible for the 9/11 terrorist attacks?

37. Should the government offer free broadband internet to all citizens, like Finland does?

I can think of plenty of worse uses of money

38. Should the government increase it's power to enforce internet laws and put a stop to internet crimes?

39. Should the government shutdown 4chan, just /b/, or neither?

40. Should 13 year olds be given universal suffrage?

41. Should the drinking age be lowered to atleast 18?

42. Should church and state remain separate?

if we're talking in an American context here which I think we are you just gave me a nice laugh thinking of what this might look like. maybe some corporatist democratic centralist organization of religious institutions that collaborate to do whatever and then the state uses its coercive power to implement..

43. Should we allow a mosque to be built next to Ground Zero?

Surprise

44. Should the government offer free healthcare?

Cheesy

45. Should the government offer free college/university education?

Surprise

46. Should tobacco be made illegal?

I'm doing this by myself.

47. Should alcohol be made illegal again?

48. Should the government keep secrets from and lie to it's citizens?

49. Should classified and top secret documents be declassified?

no documents should be secret. or else the state ceases to be of people and some line is drawn between elite and not.

50. Should the government take greater steps to promote political awareness among teens, so they know how to make better informed political decisions?

it has no interest in doing so. such a campaign would just be misinformation

51. Should public schools bring back the ability to beat their students and force them to wear school uniforms?

allright that's enough of that
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies