Minnesota in 2004
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:22:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Minnesota in 2004
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Minnesota in 2004  (Read 52271 times)
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2003, 03:03:05 PM »
« edited: December 03, 2003, 03:09:16 PM by Michael Zeigermann »

I think Nader will do better when Dean tries to move to the middle after the primaries.

You're underestimating Bush's unpopularity in some quarters; the kind of people who would usually vote for a Green Party candidate (we're talking ultra-liberals, environmentalists, etc) absolutely despise him, and would vote for whoever they think is most likely to defeat Bush. I doubt they'll really care where the Dem. candidate stands, even assuming Dean suddenly moves to the middle. They just want Bush out of the White House.

I don't think the anti-Bush vote will win Dean the election, but I do believe it will nullify the threat posed by Nader.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2003, 03:21:21 PM »

People Has a Desion to Make in Minnestoa & The Rest of the States that have a Right to Vote in Election 2004 & See if their Party won or Not
Here is My Preaction
it will be Cose
Bush: 50%
Dean: 47%
WHY is everybody asumming that dean is the nominee!!! He has a 60% chance but he is not locked in.
jravnsbo

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2003, 03:31:21 PM »

I ASSUME why everyone is assuming dean is the nominee is b/c he is ahead.

Next, Braun, Sharpton ( maybe SC) and Kucinich ( maybe OH) are non factors.

Lieberman is too conservative for the Dem nom.

Kerry is TOAST!!! after NH and running a miserable campaign.

Edwards is the "who is that guy?" candidate yet.

Clark has no domestic policy, flipped ont eh war which p*ssed off the liberal base and is running barely ahea dof where he was before he declared in NH.

Gep--only one who i see as having a shot for nom is non exist in NH and SC, must win IA and prove himself.  Poll out today said Dean lead 26-22.  And sucha  career politician.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2003, 03:54:45 PM »

Democrats should stop and think about dean beating bush.
DarthKosh

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2003, 04:01:49 PM »

I think Nader will do better when Dean tries to move to the middle after the primaries.

You're underestimating Bush's unpopularity in some quarters; the kind of people who would usually vote for a Green Party candidate (we're talking ultra-liberals, environmentalists, etc) absolutely despise him, and would vote for whoever they think is most likely to defeat Bush. I doubt they'll really care where the Dem. candidate stands, even assuming Dean suddenly moves to the middle. They just want Bush out of the White House.

I don't think the anti-Bush vote will win Dean the election, but I do believe it will nullify the threat posed by Nader.

If Dean tries to move to the middle he would be seen as to conservative for them.
TomAtPitt
Rookie

« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2003, 11:34:35 PM »

I disagree. The Left-Wing movement wants the USA to withdraw from Iraq, and none of the mainstream Dems support that. That rift is going to prevent to many Far-Left votes from going to the Dems.
DarthKosh

« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2003, 07:24:58 AM »

I disagree. The Left-Wing movement wants the USA to withdraw from Iraq, and none of the mainstream Dems support that. That rift is going to prevent to many Far-Left votes from going to the Dems.

You got it right.
John

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2003, 01:19:53 PM »

People Has a Desion to Make in Minnestoa & The Rest of the States that have a Right to Vote in Election 2004 & See if their Party won or Not
Here is My Preaction
it will be Cose
Bush: 50%
Dean: 47%
That is Right it will close thats my Preadiction
John

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2003, 09:56:17 AM »

Bush will have a Good Chace of Getting Minnesota in 04 to win the White House or he Lose but i don't think so he will win
Bush: 53%
Dean: 48%
Demrepdan

« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2003, 06:40:03 PM »

Dean isn't the f**king nominee yet. Until he is, stop saying it. If Dean is DEFEATED, I will come back and LAUGH at each person, who said, "Who will win, Dean or Bush, Dean Dean Dean, Deany Deany Dean Dean.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2003, 06:58:44 PM »

Dean isn't the f**king nominee yet. Until he is, stop saying it. If Dean is DEFEATED, I will come back and LAUGH at each person, who said, "Who will win, Dean or Bush, Dean Dean Dean, Deany Deany Dean Dean.
I take it that you are not supporting dean.
Neather am I. I like gephardt
Demrepdan

« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2003, 07:08:50 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2003, 07:10:48 PM by Demrepdan »

lol. Yeah, I like Gephardt better as well.  Not to imply that I HATE Dean. But still, I don't go around saying, "Who do you think will win, Bush or Gephardt?". Because I know Gephardt is not yet the nominee, and I would never be so cock sure to say he will be.

Like some members on this forum are so sure Dean will be nominated. Or, that Bush WILL win.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2003, 07:16:33 PM »

lol. Yeah, I like Gephardt better as well.  Not to imply that I HATE Dean. But still, I don't go around saying, "Who do you think will win, Bush or Gephardt?". Because I know Gephardt is not yet the nominee, and I would never be so cock sure to say he will be.

Like some members on this forum are so sure Dean will be nominated. Or, that Bush WILL win.
i totaly agee
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2007, 08:54:56 PM »

This is a hilarious thread.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2007, 09:08:49 PM »

Mostly because of Bandit's comment that the Democrats have a shot at Indiana.

And John, of course.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2007, 09:35:26 PM »

I think this is the best part:

Bush will have a Good Chace of Getting Minnesota in 04 to win the White House or he Lose but i don't think so he will win

53 + 48 = ...
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2007, 10:08:46 PM »

I think this is the best part:

53 + 48 = ...

Although actually possible, if it's 52.5% to 47.5%...

Of course, this was John.  Tongue
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2007, 04:23:30 AM »

Kerry is TOAST!!! after NH and running a miserable campaign.
Well, and this post, Alcon.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2007, 12:54:55 PM »

And the whole nonsense about Minnesota trending Republican that we don't hear anymore thankfully.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2007, 11:52:57 AM »

I love hte comments about the Republicans doing so well in the state elections.  Now the DFL controls the state house and senate by near 2 to 1 majorities, we have 5 DFLers in our delegation and the DFL senate candidate won in the biggest senate landslide since WWII.

Minnesota tried the Republicans, and now the state is going down the poop chute... expect the DFL to do well in 2008 as well.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies