What are you doing New Year's Eve?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:02:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What are you doing New Year's Eve?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Poll
Question: ?
Staying at home

At a friends/family house

At an organized event

Sleeping

Working

No plans just yet

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: What are you doing New Year's Eve?  (Read 8089 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2011, 02:15:38 PM »

Fake as in non-alcoholic? If so, who cares? Tongue

If fake as in "Brut" or "sparkling wine", but still booze: crucify the bastard! Angry

Or you could just drink it, flat or not. Grin

I think your first two lines sort of answer themselves (fake as in not being from Champagne, that is). I'm not personally a big fan of that sort of drink, so I'm not going to down a liter of it in my present state...that's life I guess. So it goes.

What annoys me is that out of all the things that I have to deal with today this was the one I actually foresaw on the night itself and tried to prevent. To which he said that I shouldn't be a cheap bastard, which annoyed me, both because that wasn't the reason (I had bought it to give to people at the party, I just didn't like wasting it) and because I fricking paid for everyone's food and was offering fine whisky and port.

Anyway, that was my rant. I have to do more cleaning now...
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2011, 02:22:42 PM »

If fake as in "Brut" or "sparkling wine", but still booze: crucify the bastard! Angry

I think your first two lines sort of answer themselves (fake as in not being from Champagne, that is). I'm not personally a big fan of that sort of drink, so I'm not going to down a liter of it in my present state...that's life I guess. So it goes.

What annoys me is that out of all the things that I have to deal with today this was the one I actually foresaw on the night itself and tried to prevent. To which he said that I shouldn't be a cheap bastard, which annoyed me, both because that wasn't the reason (I had bought it to give to people at the party, I just didn't like wasting it) and because I fricking paid for everyone's food and was offering fine whisky and port.

What a jackass. If he's any kind of "friend" Gustav, he'll bring a bottle next time he comes over (assuming you ever allow him to darken your doorstep again).

But the cheap bastard in me still says just cover the top of the bottle and put it in the fridge till later. If it won't fit put it in the backyard snow. Grin
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2011, 04:03:57 PM »

What a jackass. If he's any kind of "friend" Gustav, he'll bring a bottle next time he comes over (assuming you ever allow him to darken your doorstep again).

But the cheap bastard in me still says just cover the top of the bottle and put it in the fridge till later. If it won't fit put it in the backyard snow. Grin

I poured it down the drain. He's actually a nice guy - I've eaten countless dinners at his place. He just doesn't have the best judgement when drunk.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2011, 04:06:29 PM »

I went to a gathering of friends, around 7 of us. We watched the Snooki drop on MTV. It was pretty hysterical.
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2011, 04:31:49 PM »

I went to a gathering of friends, around 7 of us. We watched the Snooki drop on MTV. It was pretty hysterical.

Not the first time she was droped I'm sure.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2011, 07:59:08 PM »

I had a really nice time at my New Year's Eve party.  I got there a little before 7:00 and visited with them for a few minutes while they took down their Christmas Tree as a family and then more family came over and we had 7 kids screaming and yelling in the house while 4 of us tried to play Monopoly.  I got blown away at Monopoly, something that rarely happens, but it was a fun time.  Then, it was time to settle down and watch Dick Clark starting at 9:00 pm, the news at 10:00 pm, and Dick Clark from 10:30-11:58 pm before the local news came back on with coverage of our ball rising into the new year.  There was champagne served in the house and I was wanting to try some, but since I had to drive back home, I just had a few glasses of non-alcoholic sparkling grape juice and sparkling apple juice, in wine glasses.  I left there at 12:05 and got home about 12:25 and was in bed before 1:00 am.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies