What are you doing New Year's Eve?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:57:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What are you doing New Year's Eve?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Poll
Question: ?
Staying at home

At a friends/family house

At an organized event

Sleeping

Working

No plans just yet

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: What are you doing New Year's Eve?  (Read 8116 times)
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2010, 01:52:46 AM »

she is 66 and very strict.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2010, 01:57:31 AM »

Ahh ok.

Well, hope you have fun anyway.  It's better than getting kicked out of your own house because your sister wants to make out with her boyfriend.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2010, 02:01:21 AM »

Ahh ok.

Well, hope you have fun anyway.  It's better than getting kicked out of your own house because your sister wants to make out with her boyfriend.

oh you could video tape it and then blackmail her later. Smiley ..... or is that to mean?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2010, 02:09:29 AM »

Ahh ok.

oh you could video tape it and then blackmail her later. Smiley ..... or is that to mean?

That's just depressing to do... nobody cares about a makeout tape.  And I could never sneak somewhere to do that... that's just... awkward.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2010, 02:19:06 AM »

Ahh ok.

That's just depressing to do... nobody cares about a makeout tape.  And I could never sneak somewhere to do that... that's just... awkward.

i never said you had to stay. jeez it is easy to put the camera on a book shelf you know. and they wouldn't just makeo ut. ...... unless their dog is starring at them. always awkward. Tongue
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2010, 02:36:18 AM »

No... she's a strict "good girl".
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2010, 02:46:59 AM »

Am I really the only douchebag working?
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2010, 03:00:21 AM »
« Edited: December 29, 2010, 03:06:37 AM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

Am I really the only douchebag working?

Yes.Tongue

Not exactly sure what I'm doing this year....probably gonna have the extended family come over or something.  If not that then I'll pull a quick one and invite a bunch of random friends over and figure out something to do.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2010, 03:10:53 AM »

Hmm, I only have to work for a few hours during the day surprisingly... might go to a bar or club.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2010, 04:07:11 AM »
« Edited: December 29, 2010, 04:14:11 AM by 88611 Teharonhiawako »

my plane to JFK, which should have left two hours ago, was canceled today, leaving me stuck in goldmining country in California for an entire unexpected week (my work will LOVE that) or paying $1500 for a plane ticket from another airline.

It's looking like I might be able to bump my flight from the 4th to the 1st, so hopefully I'll be on a god damn plane to New York that night.

And I was lucky to get a flight on the 4th, I was calling every 15 seconds to Jetblue for an hour today  before they hung up on me (didn't even allow me to be on the waiting list for calls due to call volume), a completely miserable and frustrating experience.  Eventually they stopped automatically shutting my call down and switched me to a 30 minute waiting list where they eventually told me the soonest I could leave was midnight a week from now.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2010, 04:14:23 AM »

Voodoo Lounge @ the Rio.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2010, 06:36:01 AM »

my plane to JFK, which should have left two hours ago, was canceled today, leaving me stuck in goldmining country in California...
I suppose Greyhound, Amtrack and renting a car are out of the question?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2010, 10:33:23 AM »

I have a semi-organized event at my home. How do you count that? Tongue

(especially since it might be followed by joining a somewhat more organized event at somebody else's place.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2010, 11:01:11 AM »

We should all have TexasGurl's aspirations.  Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2010, 12:35:20 PM »

my plane to JFK, which should have left two hours ago, was canceled today, leaving me stuck in goldmining country in California...

He said he's going from California to New York.  That would be one long bus ride or one long train ride.  I'd rather wait at the airport and let someone do the driving for me.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2010, 04:25:08 PM »

He said he's going from California to New York.  That would be one long bus ride or one long train ride.  I'd rather wait at the airport and let someone do the driving for me.

There are a couple of Amtrak services arriving in NYC at 6:30ish on January 3, but not many tickets remaining. Sou8nds like an adventure to me.

Alternatively, get the train to Denver or another hub and fly from there.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2010, 04:28:22 PM »

There are a couple of Amtrak services arriving in NYC at 6:30ish on January 3, but not many tickets remaining. Sou8nds like an adventure to me.

Alternatively, get the train to Denver or another hub and fly from there.

Sounds like too much of a hassle either way you go.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2010, 04:48:50 PM »

I'm about to go to my final event for 2010, Wednesday Evening Bible Study at church.  I'll leave here in a couple hours around 5:45 and will be home by 7:45.  I should be home for the final 52 hours of 2010 after that.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2010, 05:21:00 PM »

no plans yet, unfortunately. I need to find something thought, my parents are having a party at our house. If I stay home I will have to hang out in the basement all night. I have a party on New Years day though which will be a fun party.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2010, 05:44:14 PM »

Well you couldn't pay me to ride a public bus that far, but the train would be nice....especially this time of year.  Driving would be even more interesting but a lot harder on the body and mind and not all people have the constitution to do that kind of thing (and this time of year the mountains can suck if you hit them at the wrong time).
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2010, 05:45:52 PM »

It's official: I will be on the Tarmac of Sacramento's airport at the clock strikes midnight
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2010, 05:52:11 PM »

Well you couldn't pay me to ride a public bus that far, but the train would be nice....especially this time of year.  Driving would be even more interesting but a lot harder on the body and mind and not all people have the constitution to do that kind of thing (and this time of year the mountains can suck if you hit them at the wrong time).

I priced out an Amtrak ticket during my frustration, would have taken 3 days with a 6 hour layover in Chicago.  Would have been fun, and could have carried my speaker system to NYC with me finally, but in the end, I'm getting there a few hours sooner via flying and saved myself $387 in train tickets.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2010, 09:34:09 PM »

It's official: I will be on the Tarmac of Sacramento's airport at the clock strikes midnight

Bummer
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2010, 09:39:06 PM »

I'll be working. For me, New Years Eve is just another day. The only difference between that day and others, is that at midnight, I have to try and remember to add an extra year to the date. Which is something that will take me until about June or July of that year to get used to.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2010, 09:49:41 PM »

I priced out an Amtrak ticket during my frustration, would have taken 3 days with a 6 hour layover in Chicago.  Would have been fun, and could have carried my speaker system to NYC with me finally, but in the end, I'm getting there a few hours sooner via flying and saved myself $387 in train tickets.

It's that global climate disruption striking again!  Global warming causes colder winters and blizzards now, you know! 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies