POLL: Does the federal government care about the economy? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:57:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  POLL: Does the federal government care about the economy? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Select one
No
Nope
The federal gov't is actually where we send those we dislike to leave us alone for a bit
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: POLL: Does the federal government care about the economy?  (Read 5965 times)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« on: December 08, 2010, 06:47:21 PM »

I pitched the idea of an economic downturn to Badger... But in order to work on that and other things, I need the data from the rest of the regional govt's...
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 07:37:06 PM »

I pitched the idea of an economic downturn to Badger... But in order to work on that and other things, I need the data from the rest of the regional govt's...
As far as I know, the IDS has no "data".  Is there a regional game mod or some such to come up with these figures?

Well, the IDS isn't on the hook. I've gotten what I need from you. I don't exactly know why the other regions seemingly have this problem. I'll wait another day before I just ask Badger to give me the figures, but I'm trying to get the regions involved with this.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 02:46:28 AM »

It's good to see President Fritz and SoIA Dr. Cynic fully engaged on the issue and working with the regions.

I would urge PPT NCY to propose legislation and bring it to the floor immediately under the emergency slot based on the current funding requests by regions, plus whatever needs the federal government faces. Though the Northeast and Pacific have not yet responded to the SoIA's request, those can be amended into the bill quickly during debate, but any legislation will take 72 hours to come to a vote, so the clock should start sooner, not later.

I'm giving them till tomorrow. Or rather tonight.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 02:16:47 AM »

I sure wish the federal government didn't care about the economy.

Well what the hell kinda game would that be?

"Quick, let's get elected!"

"Ok, we're elected, now let's just sit here for 4 months and pretend the rest of the game is for the nonexistant private sector!"
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 03:34:12 AM »

I sure wish the federal government didn't care about the economy.

Well what the hell kinda game would that be?

"Quick, let's get elected!"

"Ok, we're elected, now let's just sit here for 4 months and pretend the rest of the game is for the nonexistant private sector!"

You can simulate the private sector you know. You have to want to, though. Tongue

That'll require more knowledge of private enterprise than many of us have. It is first and foremost a government simulation... Besides, who the hell wants to? Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies