POLL: Does the federal government care about the economy? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:11:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  POLL: Does the federal government care about the economy? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Select one
No
Nope
The federal gov't is actually where we send those we dislike to leave us alone for a bit
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: POLL: Does the federal government care about the economy?  (Read 5960 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: December 08, 2010, 07:32:10 PM »

I pitched the idea of an economic downturn to Badger... But in order to work on that and other things, I need the data from the rest of the regional govt's...
As far as I know, the IDS has no "data".  Is there a regional game mod or some such to come up with these figures?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 10:29:57 AM »

When your little life is saved with inventions made by big pharma here in the private sector dominated US health care system, maybe then you will see my point.

You do realize most preliminary research into drugs happens in those public universities Republicans seem to hate so much? Pharma companies just take those inventions/research and create a practical (or whatever sells) product.
Republicans hate public universities?  When did that happen?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 07:31:04 PM »

When your little life is saved with inventions made by big pharma here in the private sector dominated US health care system, maybe then you will see my point.

You do realize most preliminary research into drugs happens in those public universities Republicans seem to hate so much? Pharma companies just take those inventions/research and create a practical (or whatever sells) product.
Republicans hate public universities?  When did that happen?

I know here in California, raising tuition rates for universities is the first thing Republicans do. And some have said, including reasonable ones I could see myself voting for, that public universities should charge as much as private universities. All these policies would do is create a privileged class that gets to go to college.
That sounds more like "Breaking News: Politicians Like Money"

Most of the Republicans I know who don't hold office, and by looking at my avatar I'm sure you can guess that is a lot, are huge fans of public universities because, for most of them, they present the only opportunity available to give themselves or their children a higher education.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies