Dem Congressman: "F-ck the President"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:24:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Dem Congressman: "F-ck the President"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Dem Congressman: "F-ck the President"  (Read 2655 times)
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 09, 2010, 10:55:36 PM »

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/12/09/oh-my-house-dem-drops-f-bomb-on-obama-at-caucus-meeting-on-tax-cuts/
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 10:59:06 PM »

Yeah I heard about this... but honestly, it's one Democrat saying something stupid in a back room.

I genuinely think Obama's move to the center will be his saving grace come November 2012.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 11:09:46 PM »

Charming.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 11:18:04 PM »

Reminds me of http://politicalhumor.about.com/b/2004/06/25/cheney-to-leahy-go-fk-yourself.htm
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 11:21:22 PM »

Can't say it upsets me that much right now.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 11:24:24 PM »

FF
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 11:50:45 PM »

The Democratic implosion is a pleasure to watch.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 11:51:33 PM »

Must be a Tea Partier.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 02:48:37 PM »

Amazing. Only seven responses. If this was a Republican or a member of a certain grassroots conservative organization saying this, it would easily be a seven page discussion about racism.

It's so upsetting that whoever said this can't accept that a black man is President of the United States (a la the Joe Wilson incident).
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 02:55:52 PM »

If the guy was so pissed at Obama, maybe he should run and stop complaining.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 03:17:32 PM »

Yeah I heard about this... but honestly, it's one Democrat saying something stupid in a back room.

I genuinely think Obama's move to the center will be his saving grace come November 2012.

The right - he was in the ardent center anyway.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2010, 03:21:30 PM »

Amazing. Only seven responses. If this was a Republican or a member of a certain grassroots conservative organization saying this, it would easily be a seven page discussion about racism.

It's so upsetting that whoever said this can't accept that a black man is President of the United States (a la the Joe Wilson incident).

No, it was a Democrat who said it, so its about something other than racism.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2010, 04:09:00 PM »

Of course.  Only Republicans are racist.  Democrats can't be because they're special.  Like the late Senator who was the former Grand Kleagle of the Klu Klux Klan.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2010, 04:52:02 PM »

jfern is correct.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2010, 04:54:54 PM »
« Edited: December 11, 2010, 08:15:19 PM by Republican Obama »

AMEN!

Of course.  Only Republicans are racist.  Democrats can't be because they're special.  Like the late Senator who was the former Grand Kleagle of the Klu Klux Klan.

Don't feed the troll.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2010, 05:09:58 PM »

What move to the center? All he has been showing himself to be so far is spineless and nothing more that a political chameleon. Now his party's progressive base is pissed off at him. As far as I'm concerned, his chances at reelection are much less likely than Clinton's after 94. Clinton had the magical touch like Reagan had for his party of compromising his principles, but still being beloved by his base. Obama appears to be very academic in his approach to governing, and doesn't appear to have the ability to empathize with the average voter like Reagan and Clinton did. His saving grace will only be if Palin or Huckabee are the nominees for president, and that is a very big if.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2010, 05:10:54 PM »

Of course.  Only Republicans are racist. 

Listen, if you were a racist who placed a high priority on your racism, why would you be a Democrat, cinyc?  The Democrats are full of blacks, and tend to support some measures blacks want.  If you oppose blacks, the GOP is much closer to your policy line.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2010, 05:12:56 PM »

What move to the center? All he has been showing himself to be so far is spineless and nothing more that a political chameleon. Now his party's progressive base is pissed off at him. As far as I'm concerned, his chances at reelection are much less likely than Clinton's after 94. Clinton had the magical touch like Reagan had for his party of compromising his principles, but still being beloved by his base. Obama appears to be very academic in his approach to governing, and doesn't appear to have the ability to empathize with the average voter like Reagan and Clinton did. His saving grace will only be if Palin or Huckabee are the nominees for president, and that is a very big if.

No, Obama will win by a large margin. Moderate heroism sells.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2010, 05:14:19 PM »

AMEN!

Stop being such racists you two. Tongue

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2010, 07:37:53 PM »

I could have scripted out everyone's responses in this thread ahead of time.
LBJ Revivalist
ModerateDemocrat1990

Political Matrix
E: -5.87, S: -2.87

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2010, 08:11:52 PM »

It worked out excellently for Jerry Ford in '76 and Carter in '80.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2010, 10:08:16 PM »

I don't think you understand what I mean.
LBJ Revivalist
ModerateDemocrat1990

Political Matrix
E: -5.87, S: -2.87

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2010, 10:18:48 PM »

Well what do you mean?
I just disagree with your statement that moderate heroism sells. The only moderate hero to win in recent history was Clinton, and he won just by a string.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2010, 10:25:43 PM »

The Democratic implosion is a pleasure to watch.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2010, 10:28:18 PM »

Depends on the economy. Obama's move to the center won't matter at all if the economy is still in the dumps in 2012. He does have the potential benefit of facing someone like Palin or Gingrich, though.

Well what do you mean?
I just disagree with your statement that moderate heroism sells. The only moderate hero to win in recent history was Clinton, and he won just by a string.

Won by a string? He won in 1996 by much more then a string...
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies