US House Redistricting: Wisconsin (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:16:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  US House Redistricting: Wisconsin (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US House Redistricting: Wisconsin  (Read 28504 times)
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« on: December 13, 2010, 05:56:10 PM »

This map completely ignores communities of interest across the state particularly in WI-5 and 3 in favor of a gerrymander, I have a hard time believing local GOP chairs would find this map acceptable, for instance, would the la crosse GOP really like being represented by a Waukesha area rep or the other way around?

WI-7 which is my district I like for the fact that it covers all of the north woods, but dislike for the fact that it gos into green bay which really has nothing in common with the west part of the district, I really don't like the idea of being represented by someone from green bay. Its also quite possible that the district still voted for obama.

Also I do believe you need to be a lot closer to equal population than you have it [though you may know that]. A pretty good map I guess, though I am not sure it wouldn't backfire badly on the gop in bad year for them.
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 02:02:41 AM »

I just noticed WI-8, thats suppose to be a republican gerrymander of that district? because looking at it, it may in fact be just as democratic as before.
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 01:20:00 PM »

Actually I think Duffy is still in your 7th as he was the DA of ashland but I am fairly sure he lives in hayward in sawyer county. Not that hed likely be pleased with that much of greenbay. Smiley
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 02:15:41 PM »

Ah looks like he was born and raised in hayward. Must have been how I got confused, Though I thought I saw once that he was still living there, guess not.
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 01:11:34 AM »

Looks like Im stuck in a eastern Wisconsin district well one township west of me is in a west Wisconsin district Sad
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies