Drugs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:20:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Drugs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should you need a prescription to buy some drugs?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: Drugs  (Read 2024 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« on: November 20, 2004, 01:51:02 AM »

1. If people are stupid enough to self-medicate without consulting a doctor, and they don't do any research themselves, it would simply kill off stupid people. Sounds socially Darwinist, but maybe we need some social Darwinism now and then - as things stand, the weak survive just as much as the strong do, so we aren't evolving like we would be in a more natural environment.

2. Marijuana. Legal. As long as you aren't operating heavy machinery, cars included, while in an intoxicated state, I don't care. Allow privately owned establishments to set their own policy regarding it, and actually public places would likely ban it democratically.

3. Hard Drugs. A difficult subject, especially for things like crack. I think they should be legal, but highly regulated to minimize the harm they do(no rat poison baked in to the crack, for instance). Once again, no operating machinery, ect. Banning them likely wouldn't do much good, like it doesn't do any good now. Spend some of the money formerly spent hunting down drug related activity to fund drug education programs, and tax higher on the heavier drugs to make them less affordable(this strategy is proven to lower smoking rates among teenagers, and thusly smoking rates among adults).

As far as criminal acts go, I am for strong punishment regardless of a high state or not - you are always responsible for your behavior. If you willingly put a mind altering substance into your body, you are responsible for the actions you commit in that state, just as you would be otherwise.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2004, 10:46:25 AM »

All drugs should be legal.  Why would I care what someone else takes? 

You'll care when they break into your home and steal your tv or hurt a family member.

And they don't do that now? By illegalizing drugs, prices go up, and thusly those who attain the money for their habit have to steal more in order to get their drug of choice.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies