Battle of the Liberals - A Brief Timeline
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:04:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Battle of the Liberals - A Brief Timeline
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Battle of the Liberals - A Brief Timeline  (Read 8510 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2010, 04:42:59 PM »

The election goes to the house, where Hoeven wins. This is interesting, though.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2010, 04:49:18 PM »

More calls!

Mayor Michael Bloomberg picks up Maine, Texas and in a blow to President Obama carries Illinois (25.3% to 25.2%).

President Obama beats out Mayor Bloomberg in New York, the Mayor's home state.

Feingold manages to win in South Dakota, South Carolina, Ohio, Kentucky, and Iowa.

Hoeven picks up wins in Pennsylvania, North Dakota, Utah and Montana.

Ron Paul picks up a win in Idaho.

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2010, 04:59:14 PM »

Full Results:

President Barack Obama - Vice President Joe Biden - Yellow [Independent] - 73 Electoral Votes - 23,872,989 Votes - 21.9%

Senator John Hoeven - Governor Chris Christie - Blue [Republican] - 180 Electoral Votes - 37,813,669 Votes - 34.7%

Senator Russ Feingold - Governor Bill Richardson - Red [Democratic] - 105 Electoral Votes - 30,826,577 Votes - 28.3%

Mayor Michael  Bloomberg - General David Patraeus - Green [Independent] - 167 Electoral Votes - 30,581,421 Votes - 28.0%

Congressman Ron Paul - Senator Marco Rubio - [Orange] - 21 Electoral Votes - 16,601,383 Votes - 15.2%

Jimmy McMillian - Cynthina McKinney - [Rent is Too Damn High] - 0 Electoral Votes - 819,047 Votes - .58%

Ralph Nader - Matt Gonzalez - [Independent] - 0 Electoral Votes - 593,103 Votes - .42%

**Mayor Michael Bloomberg defeated the Democratic ticket in Electoral Votes but lost to them via popular vote.

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2010, 05:06:41 PM »

Epilogue:

President Obama, having come in fourth in Electoral Votes, respectfully conceded on Election Night.

Jimmy McMillan was under the impression he had won for the majority of the night until he actually turned on a television.

Bloomberg, Feingold and Hoeven duked it out in the House of Representatives where no majority was found to elect the next President of the United States --therefore Governor Bill Richardson, who was elected Vice President by the Senate, became President on January 20, 2013 while the House still fought over who would be the next President.

On December 10, 2014 the House of Representatives decided that Mayor Michael Bloomberg would be the "next" President of the United States. Mayor Bloomberg had died a week prior.

President Richardson would go on to complete "his" full term in office and not run again.

Lesson:

Goatee beats mustache.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2010, 05:17:13 PM »

A bit lacking in detail, but that timeline was just awesome.

I demand a continuation! What happens to the indie runners (Bloomberg, and Paul in particular)? Do they make their own parties? Do the Republicans and Democrats lose power?
I want to see what happens come 2016 Cheesy
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2010, 06:51:07 PM »

A bit lacking in detail, but that timeline was just awesome.

I demand a continuation! What happens to the indie runners (Bloomberg, and Paul in particular)? Do they make their own parties? Do the Republicans and Democrats lose power?
I want to see what happens come 2016 Cheesy

I didn't want to put tons of effort into it because it was supposed to be something I did while I procrastinated for finals Tongue

Captain Chaos
GZ67
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2010, 08:54:19 PM »

I got news for you. If nobody receives a majority of the Electoral College vote, then the US Senate can only choose between the top two EV winners for Vice President. That means that either Marco Rubio or David Petraeus becomes Vice President.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2010, 09:19:37 PM »

I got news for you. If nobody receives a majority of the Electoral College vote, then the US Senate can only choose between the top two EV winners for Vice President. That means that either Marco Rubio or David Petraeus becomes Vice President.

Whoops. Got my results screwed up Wink It's either David Petraeus or Chris Christie by the way. You screwed up my results too. Let's assume the United States Senate screwed it up also.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2010, 10:02:08 PM »

Awesome! I like that Ron Paul won states, however, I was hoping that Jimmy could pull out a victory. It'd be awesome to see him take DC.
Captain Chaos
GZ67
United States

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2010, 06:55:34 PM »

Then, the House is unable to elect a President. Democrats in the Senate vote for Petraeus and elect him Vice President. Petraeus becomes Acting President until the House can get 26 state delegations behind one candidate.

After the House posthumously elects Michael Bloomberg POTUS, David Petraeus is able to serve as President until January 20, 2017.

By 2016, the Constitution is amended to provide runoffs for Presidential elections to the top three electoral college vote winners.

Whoops. Got my results screwed up Wink It's either David Petraeus or Chris Christie by the way. You screwed up my results too. Let's assume the United States Senate screwed it up also.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies