MT-PPP: Republican Rick Hill leads in race to succeed Gov. Schweitzer (D)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:12:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  MT-PPP: Republican Rick Hill leads in race to succeed Gov. Schweitzer (D)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MT-PPP: Republican Rick Hill leads in race to succeed Gov. Schweitzer (D)  (Read 1339 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 16, 2010, 03:20:07 AM »

If the candidates for Governor in 2012 were Democrat Steve Bullock and Republican Rick Hill, who would you vote for?

Rick Hill........................................................... 41%
Steve Bullock .................................................. 31%

If there was an election for Governor today in Montana generally speaking do you think you would vote for a Democrat or a Republican?

Republican ............ 49%
Democrat .............. 39%

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_MT_1119.pdf
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 03:57:56 AM »

lol, did this get project as Likely Dem in the recent ratings?

I was actually expected this kind of result. Rick Hill is a former Congreeman I beleive from 1996-2000 and the Democrats don't really have anyone of stature to succeed Schweitzer, kind of like WY sort of but their chances are much better here because the state is less Republican, the Democratic party is stronger and then GOP is a mess in MT. With that in mind and two years, it is possible just like ILL and NY for the MT GOP to screw this one up.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 04:08:30 AM »

I was actually expected this kind of result. Rick Hill is a former Congreeman I beleive from 1996-2000 and the Democrats don't really have anyone of stature to succeed Schweitzer, kind of like WY sort of but their chances are much better here because the state is less Republican, the Democratic party is stronger and then GOP is a mess in MT. With that in mind and two years, it is possible just like ILL and NY for the MT GOP to screw this one up.

Stveve Bullock is the sitting AG, so he is not exactly a political nobody.  
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 04:11:30 AM »

He sure polls like one. Especially against a Congressman from 12 years ago.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 06:54:19 AM »

He's polling exactly like a generic Democrat against a generic Republican, which isn't unheard off that early in the cycle.   
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 07:41:29 PM »

He's polling exactly like a generic Democrat against a generic Republican, which isn't unheard off that early in the cycle.   

Which means he has no personal vote or name id that one would expect from a statewide elected official. AG's and Treasurers and such are only good candidates if they are well known usually from a high profile case or from other runs for office. Other then that they are usually garbage in terms of candidates.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies