What's your Menelik number? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:21:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What's your Menelik number? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Read below
0-2.99

3.00-5.99

6.00-11.99

12-24.99

25.00+

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Author Topic: What's your Menelik number?  (Read 3375 times)
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« on: December 16, 2010, 06:39:07 PM »
« edited: December 16, 2010, 06:41:50 PM by muon2 »

Currently I stand at 3.47. However, my list of visited countries hasn't changed since 1999. Then my value was 2.73. My lowest value was in 1994 at 2.57. My maximum value was 21 in 1979.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 05:25:00 PM »

24 / (US, Mexico, Indonesia, Australia, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Austria, Italy, Vatican City, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, France, the Netherlands) = 1.7

Clearly that means I am a supremely cultured and well-rounded individual.

...but not THE supremely cultured individual that I am. Booze trips to Finland and beach trips to the West Indies. Does it get more cultural, that's all I'm asking?

It does look like I'm still in the lead here but then again, living in Europe gives you something of an unfair disadvantage. I can hardly leave home without falling into a foreign country.

Yeah, there are a few flaws in a system that values spending a day in Liechtenstein the same as living several months in Indonesia.

But then again the number of people who can claim to have spent a day in Lichtenstein is vastly smaller than the number who have lived several months in Indonesia.

I agree that there is a fundamental asymmetry comparing Europeans to Americans by this measure. For the Europeans the fairer measure would be to count the EU as a single entity, or allow Americans to count each state separately.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies