WI-PPP: Republicans prefer Palin for President (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:47:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  WI-PPP: Republicans prefer Palin for President (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI-PPP: Republicans prefer Palin for President  (Read 2786 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: December 17, 2010, 02:35:50 PM »

A plurality in a heavily divided field does not make someone the front-runner. Palin isn't the front-runner, she's just a major factor who has a lot of support and a low ceiling. I just don't know what her path to victory is, but I do know if she runs she could win some caucuses and make life hell unless Republican turnout is high enough to drown out her supporters.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 03:58:12 PM »

Brittan,

Explain how she doesn't win these two states easily once Huckabee bows out?  The reason why it's pretty clear she's in the lead is because she's leading with Huckabee in the race.

McCain won his primary easily by getting between 33-37% in states.  There's no reason to believe she wouldn't surpass McCain's numbers with Huckabee (or even Ron Paul) out of the race.

The mantra that what she gets now is all that she's going to get is pretty unsupported since Romney, Huckabee, Gingrich are all very well known themselves.

McCain won because he was the default candidate after everyone else had been defeated or rejected, ending with Romney. It's such a different situation.

I just have a hard time seeing Palin get through to the end because there is surely a majority of Republican voters who are "anyone but Palin" and the party establishment is almost uniformly opposed to her. They will find a way to stop her unless they are helplessly divided.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies