Senate passes repeal of DADT with 65 votes (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:38:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Senate passes repeal of DADT with 65 votes (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate passes repeal of DADT with 65 votes  (Read 18664 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: December 18, 2010, 11:58:24 AM »

LOL Kirk is such a flip-flopping lying hack. He is a true piece of sh!t.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 12:01:43 PM »

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 10:05:02 PM »

Meowth that's right!
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 10:06:36 PM »

FYI the issue with Kirk was how blatant his flip flop was on this. I wouldn't have made a big deal if he was always opposed.

Free Republic is full of hilarious comments. My favorite being something along the lines of "This will ruin our military just as it has ruined the British, Israeli, Canadian and German militaries." If this was on any other forum, everyone would assume it to be sarcasm, but for some reason Freepers expect us to take it as fact with no backing up. Quite amusing.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 07:24:15 PM »

BushOklahoma is a bigoted fake Christian.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 07:37:39 PM »

It's fitting a supposed reverend in a bigoted, compromised church would engage in immoral scamming.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 08:07:13 PM »

Here is my view of DADT

I happen to agree with this repeal. First let me say this, I'm a strong Christian, but I'm also politically-independent. I have a very weird view on this. First off, I HATE homosexuality, it goes against everything the Lord my God teaches. However, I have to agree with Hillary Clinton when she said "You don't have to be straight to shoot straight". I come at it from a defense point of view. We have lost many strategic and key people in our military because of DADT. For example, we have had several soldiers who could translate Arabic, the predominate language of the muslim terrorists, be discharged because of their sexual orientation.  I think this move actually does strengthen our defenses.  If you want to talk about our morality slipping, it flew out the window ages ago.  Plus, I don't think my God wants me to discriminate against anyone.  I am called to love people.  I love the sinner, but hate the sin.  Homosexuality is no more severe of a sin than telling a little white lie.  The consequences may be more severe, but in God's eyes, a sin is a sin is a sin and it doesn't matter whether you miss heaven by a half inch or 100,000 miles. The fact is, you still missed it.  If we banned homosexuality in the military, then to be fair, we'd have to ban everyone who has told a lie, which just about encompasses everybody.  So, that's my view on the situation.

This is not meant to offend anyone, just gives my views.

You go against everything I believe in quite frankly; in how you treat your working life, your family and your relationships. You are a model to the forum in how not to live your life.

Haha, Thanks for sharing!!  I know I do things a heck of a lot differently than most people, and I could stand to learn a few things in a few areas.  I'm not disappointed in myself or anything like that.  In fact, right now, I have a lot of joy in my life.  Joy unspeakable.

Did you even read what I wrote? You think you can stand on a high ground and say you 'HATE' homosexuality (and as it is in uncompromisable part of my being, by extension you are making claims against me as a person) and then throw in a 'haha' to someone calling you out on your own shambolic, ego driven greedy existance.

You are not a model of humanity Bushie; you are a sorry excuse for a man forever in a state of arrested development permanently attached to the tete of anyone around you for support and succour while being captivated by the shiny pennies of scammers and people who want to f-ck up your entire existance. And when things go wrong you fix on your innane grin and raise out your platitudes to an empty sky. And then have the gall to think you have the slighest clue, have the slightest iota of what human relationships in everything from sex to business are all about. You fail at just about everyone you forge or you jeopardise it for a quick path to marriage and sex or for a quick buck.

I don't give a gold plated, cherry flavoured f-ck what you think about anything you open your gullible mouth about.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheReasonYouSuckSpeech
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 12:21:19 PM »

BushOklahoma is just another Fake Christian, just like jmfcst, and the vast majority of the South.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 10:44:03 PM »
« Edited: December 21, 2010, 10:46:48 PM by I Know What A Lion Is »

Did Bushie seriously cite Leviticus? Seriously? No one follows all the crap in that today.

Comparisons to filth, mud, and vomit are an effective propaganda technique for associating the target with an individual's natural sense of disgust. Additional options are to associate them with infectious disease, vermin (rats, fleas), or decaying food.

I tend to associate the first couple examples with false bigoted churches like the one BushOK goes to and the Catholic Church.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 11:28:31 AM »

Like Leviticus.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length