My name is Junkie...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:54:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  My name is Junkie...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: My name is Junkie...  (Read 16316 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2010, 09:53:03 AM »

By the way, the person who I think started the thread about you being a sock was Antonio V

Huh

That's pure bullsh*t.

Sorry, there's a thread about there being a new Hamilton sock, and if I'm not mistaken, it was started by you. Then apparently, Wormy turned it into a thread about accusing Junkie of being the sock.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=129546.0
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2010, 10:00:39 AM »

By the way, the person who I think started the thread about you being a sock was Antonio V

Huh

That's pure bullsh*t.

Sorry, there's a thread about there being a new Hamilton sock, and if I'm not mistaken, it was started by you. Then apparently, Wormy turned it into a thread about accusing Junkie of being the sock.

The thread was about this guy, who repeatedly admitted to be Hamilton (just read through his post history), has been muted and will almost certainly be banned.

For the record, I've been one of the few who have taken Junkie's defense from the beginning.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2010, 10:03:56 AM »

Huh

That's pure bullsh*t.

The thread was about this guy, who repeatedly admitted to be Hamilton (just read through his post history), has been muted and will almost certainly be banned.

For the record, I've been one of the few who have taken Junkie's defense from the beginning.

Then I apologize.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2010, 10:11:56 AM »

Huh

That's pure bullsh*t.

Then I apologize.

Apologies accepted.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2010, 10:25:08 AM »

God, now we are pointing fingers trying to figure out who was pointing fingers.

Don't you guys see how stupid and pointless this is? Look at how much impact this single poster has had on this game.

Frankly, and I'll say this loud and clear: Thanks to your collective over-reactions, Hamilton has had a greater impact on this game than ANY other player EVER has. And unless you stop with this BS, he will continue to do so.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2010, 11:00:46 AM »

God, now we are pointing fingers trying to figure out who was pointing fingers.

Don't you guys see how stupid and pointless this is? Look at how much impact this single poster has had on this game.

Frankly, and I'll say this loud and clear: Thanks to your collective over-reactions, Hamilton has had a greater impact on this game than ANY other player EVER has. And unless you stop with this BS, he will continue to do so.

Teddy, after all, I hate to admit you're right.

From now on, I'll never mention certain banned poster ever again and others should not as well.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2010, 11:11:19 AM »

I'm always right Tongue

It just takes time for people to see Cheesy
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2010, 12:18:08 PM »

Anybody with a brain knows you are not Hamilton. It would be a shame if you left the game just because of the calumnies of a random troll.

Again, thanks to everyone for the kind words, even if I had to look one of them up.  Its cool to see so many nice comments, but then to be forced to pull out a dictionary, kind of deflating.  For the record, while I can see why Cathcon made the mistake in his belief, I have pretty much always known who started this and knew from the beginning that Antonio supported me.  Thank you for that.

This thread has been open for a day.  In fairness to that poster, he has not logged on since I posted this, so I do not think he is ducking me.  Thus I will wait patiently for him to post his reasons for believing I am Hamilton, his evidence, or if he has none, what the purpose was for coming at me.

I am sure that the poster will come here to address the issue.  However, if I see that the poster has logged on, not changed his sig, and refused to address me here openly, I will draw the conclusions as to that poster's character.  If there is anyone here who communicates with the poster outside of Atlasia or the forum (I do not), please draw this thread to his attention and ask him to explain himself.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2010, 12:28:28 PM »

I just hope you won't leave. Smiley
-
KS21
Political Matrix
E: -0.97, S: -3.39

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2010, 12:51:31 PM »

It's a shame there is so little trust left now because people think that any new right of centre poster must be a Hamilton sock, which leads to members such as Junkie who actually co-operate with the rules and are in the game for fun getting accusations like this. It isn't right.

The thing is I don't even know where this originated. This seems like it came from Populares members trying to throw accusations around to bait left-wingers into believing it and causing trouble for a good member.

Interesting.

Yesterday, wormyguy AIMed me (this was first and, so far, only conversation we had) just to tell me Junkie is Hamilton.

So I guess we should all keep a great deal of cautiously with a certain individual.
Why would you take wormyguy seriously?

Junkie, no one in his right mind thinks that you are Hamilton.  You are, IMHO, one of the "best" citizens Atlasia has; it would be a real shame to see you go.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2010, 12:54:35 PM »
« Edited: December 19, 2010, 12:57:18 PM by VP Kalwejt »

It's a shame there is so little trust left now because people think that any new right of centre poster must be a Hamilton sock, which leads to members such as Junkie who actually co-operate with the rules and are in the game for fun getting accusations like this. It isn't right.

The thing is I don't even know where this originated. This seems like it came from Populares members trying to throw accusations around to bait left-wingers into believing it and causing trouble for a good member.

Interesting.

Yesterday, wormyguy AIMed me (this was first and, so far, only conversation we had) just to tell me Junkie is Hamilton.

So I guess we should all keep a great deal of cautiously with a certain individual.
Why would you take wormyguy seriously?

Junkie, no one in his right mind thinks that you are Hamilton.  You are, IMHO, one of the "best" citizens Atlasia has; it would be a real shame to see you go.

What I meant is we should never take anything worms say seriously.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2010, 01:57:05 PM »

This is a nonissue. Even if the mods here haven't checked, and people still need proof, I will say junkie posts from one single IP address in Wisconsin that is not a proxy.

This disgusting attempt at slandering Junkie is sad, but I hope we can all put this behind us.

Junkie, I really hope you stick around and continue your work. You're a great atlasian and I'd love nothing more than to see you in the Senate someday soon. Don't let a few bad apples spoil everything.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2010, 03:55:22 PM »

Junkie, if there is anybody in this damn game who isn't a sock it's you.
Frankly I think that wormyguy either a) was playing a huge joke on everyone or b) somehow became a retard (Suck it Hamiltard) and had no idea that Antonio was talking about PB and J who admits he was Hamilton in another thread.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2010, 03:59:48 PM »

This is a nonissue. Even if the mods here haven't checked, and people still need proof, I will say junkie posts from one single IP address in Wisconsin that is not a proxy.

This disgusting attempt at slandering Junkie is sad, but I hope we can all put this behind us.

Junkie, I really hope you stick around and continue your work. You're a great atlasian and I'd love nothing more than to see you in the Senate someday soon. Don't let a few bad apples spoil everything.

We have.  He's legitimately posting from Wisconsin like he claims.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2010, 04:07:35 PM »

BTW, Junkie, your comment about "having to pull out a dictionary" was directed to me ? Wink Is "calumny" a particularly posh/unusual word in English ? Because in French "calomnie" and in Italian "calunnia" are actually quite common words.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2010, 04:21:38 PM »

Yes.

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2010, 04:33:07 PM »

Assuming this was directed to me.

Ok, so I'm going to say "slandering" just like everybody else is doing since the beginning. LOL, pretty weird to use a posh word knowing it is. Grin
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman

« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2010, 04:37:46 PM »

On utilise le mot "calomnie" en français? Personne n'utilise le mot "calumny" aux états-units.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2010, 04:42:27 PM »

BTW, Junkie, your comment about "having to pull out a dictionary" was directed to me ? Wink Is "calumny" a particularly posh/unusual word in English ? Because in French "calomnie" and in Italian "calunnia" are actually quite common words.

yeah dude.  Although, although I would not use the word "posh."  Sounds a little like my mom, although she is an immigrant from England.  I don't think she is happy about it, but I speak more like my southside of Chicago Irish dad.  The two of them made for some pretty interesting arguements.  I would probably label "calumny" a "five dollar word."

Seriously though Antonio, if there is one thing about this whole mess, I really appreciate you more and am kind of disappointed I will not be serving with you in the Senate.  I am sure we would have had some interesting debates, even though I would have been forced to look words up more than I am used to.  And dude, you speak three languages?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2010, 04:47:24 PM »

Obviously, Worm acted like a megadouche, who:

1. Out of pure biterness after losing Senate election attempted to destroy a good name of a fellow citizen
2. Wanted to attack RPP, due to equal biterness after they denied him good preferences
3. Wanted some leftist citizen to get involved, like he tried with me on AIM

Atlasia is not a place for such a douches.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2010, 05:04:53 PM »

Seriously though Antonio, if there is one thing about this whole mess, I really appreciate you more and am kind of disappointed I will not be serving with you in the Senate.

need I remind you there are regional senate elections in a couple months? i'd say you stand a fairly decent chance. assuming we both stay in the region, you'll get top preference from me at least.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2010, 05:08:40 PM »

Obviously, Worm acted like a megadouche, who:

1. Out of pure biterness after losing Senate election attempted to destroy a good name of a fellow citizen
2. Wanted to attack RPP, due to equal biterness after they denied him good preferences
3. Wanted some leftist citizen to get involved, like he tried with me on AIM

Atlasia is not a place for such a douches.
Seems to me like he quite simply was been convinced he was right.

Which makes him sort of delusional, but there you have it.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2010, 05:53:53 PM »

On utilise le mot "calomnie" en français? Personne n'utilise le mot "calumny" aux états-units.

Calomnie is maybe getting a bit old in French, but is still commonly used. I thought it was the same in the US. Wink

Seriously though Antonio, if there is one thing about this whole mess, I really appreciate you more and am kind of disappointed I will not be serving with you in the Senate.  I am sure we would have had some interesting debates, even though I would have been forced to look words up more than I am used to.

Guy, you would have been a far better Senator than me, and it's a shame I got in and you didn't. I'm sad that I had to give you only the fourth pref (for a hack like me, you can be sure it's worth a lot Tongue). Anyways, you are one of my favorite Atlasians and I hope we'll have occasions to work together in Atlasia. Smiley If you are interested, I'd encourage you to follow the Senatorial debates and give us your opinion about the bills discussed. You have a great talent and you should definitely use it. Wink

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well, as you've seen, I don't speak English that well. Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2010, 09:55:15 PM »

Yep, "calumny" is basically unheard of in English. For that matter, English seems to be losing a number of French loans. Imagine my shock to learn that the word "menage" was once actually used in English. At any rate, I appreciate learning new words; even if they are archaisms. Tongue
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2010, 01:45:54 AM »

I have spoken to wormyguy off the forum, and he says he admits he was wrong about you being a sock.

He also clarified that he's been taking a bit of a break from Atlasia due to recent things going on in his life.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies