My name is Junkie... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:23:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  My name is Junkie... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My name is Junkie...  (Read 16346 times)
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« on: December 18, 2010, 05:24:33 PM »

...well at least here it is.  Last night, I was working on two statutes that I was hoping to introduce in the Mideast Assembly, as well as doing the finishing touches on the outline for the first few chapters of the history of Atlasia, when I checked back to find out that I have been accused of being Hamilton.  I don't really know who this guy is, but he obviously has pissed a number of people off and continues to do so by logging in as different accounts.

I became very angry.  Dallas, I owe you an apology.  I saw your post and after you pm'd me about the accusations, in a very civil manner by the way, I responded a little harsher than was appropriate.  You did not deserve that.  You never accussed me and never indicated you believed them, so I should not have taken out my anger on you.  I hope you understand and forgive.

Last night I was all prepared to denounce an entire party based the actions of one member and leave the game.  Quite frankly, I do not know if I will stay, but I will finish the first part of the history before I go.  Its too interesting to just walk away from.  The game is another matter.

Thankfully, I took my own advice that I have posted on frequently.  I took a breath, watched Marquette play horribly again, and came back.  I am now calmer and will deal with this rationally.

To the poster that believes that I am a Hamilton "sock," post your reasons for believing it or evidence here in this post.  I am more than willing to answer any questions anyone has.

A different poster has stated that they believe my recent pming to be potential evidence of my Hamilton identity.  Well, I will address that right now.  I do pm the members of the Mideast on matters of Assembly business.  From time to time, I pm Badger about our shared profession (not as much recently, but I am still waiting for him to tell me about the recent conference he went to).  I pm many people about the last election, seeing if people would support me.  I am also playing Axis and Allies (where I hopefully will beat Bacon King) and have to pm my orders as well as strategies with my British and American allies.  Lastly, I have been pming older members of this community, as well as members that post elsewhere on this forum, seeking information about the beginning of Atlasia for the history.

Hope that clears that up.  If you have any other concerns, post them here and quickly.  If you are unwilling to do so, then I can only assume you either are admitting you were wrong or making the whole thing up and thus will change your sig.

Junkie

Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 05:27:29 PM »

Oh yeah.  I am also asking that the mods do an IP check on my account to clear this all up.  Other than checking once from my sisters house in Illinois, I am pretty sure all my logins have been from Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 06:37:56 PM »

It's a shame there is so little trust left now because people think that any new right of centre poster must be a Hamilton sock, which leads to members such as Junkie who actually co-operate with the rules and are in the game for fun getting accusations like this. It isn't right.

The thing is I don't even know where this originated. This seems like it came from Populares members trying to throw accusations around to bait left-wingers into believing it and causing trouble for a good member.

First of all, thanks to everyone who believes in me.  Second, I do not believe this can be traced to or attributed to a party.  Rather, it is a person or maybe two.  Their party does not matter.  As I said, Dallas and now Han, both Pops, have been supportive and did not believe this. Thus, I will not plan their whole party or tar them with the conduct of one person or a few people.

Offer still stands to whoever started this.  Post your reasoning and/or evidence or change your sig.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 12:18:08 PM »

Anybody with a brain knows you are not Hamilton. It would be a shame if you left the game just because of the calumnies of a random troll.

Again, thanks to everyone for the kind words, even if I had to look one of them up.  Its cool to see so many nice comments, but then to be forced to pull out a dictionary, kind of deflating.  For the record, while I can see why Cathcon made the mistake in his belief, I have pretty much always known who started this and knew from the beginning that Antonio supported me.  Thank you for that.

This thread has been open for a day.  In fairness to that poster, he has not logged on since I posted this, so I do not think he is ducking me.  Thus I will wait patiently for him to post his reasons for believing I am Hamilton, his evidence, or if he has none, what the purpose was for coming at me.

I am sure that the poster will come here to address the issue.  However, if I see that the poster has logged on, not changed his sig, and refused to address me here openly, I will draw the conclusions as to that poster's character.  If there is anyone here who communicates with the poster outside of Atlasia or the forum (I do not), please draw this thread to his attention and ask him to explain himself.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 04:42:27 PM »

BTW, Junkie, your comment about "having to pull out a dictionary" was directed to me ? Wink Is "calumny" a particularly posh/unusual word in English ? Because in French "calomnie" and in Italian "calunnia" are actually quite common words.

yeah dude.  Although, although I would not use the word "posh."  Sounds a little like my mom, although she is an immigrant from England.  I don't think she is happy about it, but I speak more like my southside of Chicago Irish dad.  The two of them made for some pretty interesting arguements.  I would probably label "calumny" a "five dollar word."

Seriously though Antonio, if there is one thing about this whole mess, I really appreciate you more and am kind of disappointed I will not be serving with you in the Senate.  I am sure we would have had some interesting debates, even though I would have been forced to look words up more than I am used to.  And dude, you speak three languages?
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 01:58:11 PM »

I have spoken to wormyguy off the forum, and he says he admits he was wrong about you being a sock.

He also clarified that he's been taking a bit of a break from Atlasia due to recent things going on in his life.

I should have responded to this earlier.  Dallas, next time you talk to wormy, let him know that I accept his apology.  Could you also tell him I also hope that everything is okay with him and that I wish him well with what ever he is dealing with in his personal life.

I am obviously very angry about what happened.  But with the above, I now consider the matter closed and I hope everyone will as well.  To Dallas and Han and the rest of the Pop, I bear your party no ill will, nor will I crusade against Wormy.  He admitted his mistake and it is done.  When he comes back, we can put this behind us.

On a lighter note, this matter allowed me to see that I have a lot of support out there, which is always nice to find out.  Thanks again.  Also, Antonio taught me a new word and I found out that Han speaks french. 

I would like to end by agreeing with Teddy and Kal.  If we ignore Hamilton, he will eventually go away.  Thanks again to everyone for your support.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 05:54:13 PM »

Yeah...no idea what the hell is going on right now.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 06:23:01 PM »

Took Latin in high school and all I remember is:

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2010, 03:19:26 PM »

Well, since I have no idea what is going on in this thread, this seems as good a place as any to let everyone know that I will be unavailable for the next three days.  Going on family Christmas vacation.  Merry Christmas, Happy Festivus, and enjoy your own holidays.

I will only be happy if this leads to well wishes in at least 8 different languages!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies