does anyone know where I can find congressional boundaries at county level?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:27:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  does anyone know where I can find congressional boundaries at county level?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: does anyone know where I can find congressional boundaries at county level?  (Read 658 times)
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 19, 2010, 12:37:55 PM »

In the bigger cities, I was wondering if I could find out what the congressional district boundaries were at a street or precinct level basis. Some districts I would be interested in seeing would be the 1983-1993 version of TX 3 (Dallas and Collin), TX 5 (east Dallas), TX 24 (Dallas, Fort Worth and areas in between), TX 7 (west Houston), TX 18 (inner city Houston), and TX 20 (inner city Santonio)
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 12:57:22 PM »

Are you looking for historical data only or also current information?

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/findyourreps.xpd is great for the current districts, but you may already know that...
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 06:42:52 PM »
« Edited: December 19, 2010, 06:48:20 PM by Torie »

In the bigger cities, I was wondering if I could find out what the congressional district boundaries were at a street or precinct level basis. Some districts I would be interested in seeing would be the 1983-1993 version of TX 3 (Dallas and Collin), TX 5 (east Dallas), TX 24 (Dallas, Fort Worth and areas in between), TX 7 (west Houston), TX 18 (inner city Houston), and TX 20 (inner city Santonio)

Have you tried Dave Bradlee's redistricting utility?  It will give you exactly what you want.

Oh, you apparently want maps from previously census periods I see in the 1980's and 1990's. I would not know about that.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 08:40:00 PM »

Fortunately for redistricting buffs, Texas has a good archive of previous districts, all the way back to 1846.

http://www.tlc.state.tx.us/redist/history_maps.html
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 10:06:50 PM »

I remember hearing that in the early 90s, Martin Frost did exactly what DeLay did only parties reversed: convince the legislature (which was then 60% dem) to draw the map to favor democrats. Difference was was that it was when you were supposed to redraw it and not mid-decade like DeLay.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies