1912 in 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:12:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  1912 in 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1912 in 2012  (Read 1215 times)
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« on: December 22, 2010, 07:44:15 PM »

Hmm.. I made a map, but then the caveat of Wilson still being a segregationist was thrown in...

Are we to assume that they have historical name recognition?
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 07:52:20 PM »

Probably being too generous to the Progressives and Democrats here - While TR has name recognition, he does not have apparatus as a third party candidate.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 08:04:47 PM »

Probably being too generous to the Progressives and Democrats here - While TR has name recognition, he does not have apparatus as a third party candidate.

Very interesting, and pretty much in line with the map I had in mind when I made this thread. There are only three that I might dispute - Wilson could get a home state advantage by claiming either Virginia or New Jersey, and I wonder about Texas. Other than that though, we seem to be in line in our thoughts.

You may indeed be right about Virginia.

However, I think Texas would go narrowly for Taft. The Republican establishment has grown quite strong in Texas - Clinton only garnering 43% of the vote in 96. I would owe this to the "Texas oilmen"/businessmen so to speak, but this would be a swing state in this election.

This would be a very interesting election - Wilson, whom normally would be a "fringe" candidate would have the strength of the Democratic Party apparatus, and run quite stronger iin places he ought not to. Added that, being the most socially conservative candidate, would do unusually well (for a Democrat) amongst evangelicals/in rural areas. I imagine Taft winning the military vote, and holding on to the Republican West.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies