Minnesota in 2004 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:22:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Minnesota in 2004 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Minnesota in 2004  (Read 52531 times)
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« on: December 03, 2003, 01:27:38 PM »
« edited: December 03, 2003, 01:30:09 PM by Michael Zeigermann »

Nader won 5% in 2000. Where will they go?
Nader still might enter the race. I fear that would only help Bush' Re-Election bid. Nader helped the Republicans in 2000.

From politics1.com:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Still, I don't think Nader will do as well in 2004. Three years ago he attracted a big protest vote from Democrats who felt alienated by Gore; this time around stopping Bush will be more important to them, and they'll get behind whoever the Democratic candidate is. At least that's how I see it.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2003, 03:03:05 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2003, 03:09:16 PM by Michael Zeigermann »

I think Nader will do better when Dean tries to move to the middle after the primaries.

You're underestimating Bush's unpopularity in some quarters; the kind of people who would usually vote for a Green Party candidate (we're talking ultra-liberals, environmentalists, etc) absolutely despise him, and would vote for whoever they think is most likely to defeat Bush. I doubt they'll really care where the Dem. candidate stands, even assuming Dean suddenly moves to the middle. They just want Bush out of the White House.

I don't think the anti-Bush vote will win Dean the election, but I do believe it will nullify the threat posed by Nader.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies